PDA

View Full Version : Kicking it around.. Buy a new RZR

rzrivy
09-23-2009, 05:38 PM
I like to hear the good and bad about the 09 and 10 RZR.. What to buy and what not to buy? What tires?

moshachusetts
09-27-2009, 08:25 AM
been thinking of getting one too. in stock form is it worthy of hard trail riding? i dont want to dump thousands into to one, i've already done that to my quads. dont plan on racing it.

Inspector
09-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Looking to buy one too. I am in Nevada and there are tons of them here. So many places to ride. I not seen many differences in the years that much. Now that I have seen the 2010 info I just assume to find a deal on an 2009. I will be looking at the RZR-S.

slinkster406
10-04-2009, 09:44 AM
excellent rebates on 09's as of october first. RAZR's $700 and RAZR "S" $1000.

rzrivy
10-04-2009, 10:26 AM
I think I will buy a 2010 not a 09. It's just me.

troybilt
10-10-2009, 09:13 PM
I just sold mine. They are sh#t load of fun. They are great on the trail, and pure awesome in the dunes. I had a regular travel version not the S. Wish I would have bought the S, but it didn't come out until a year later. I had an ealier version and they had few issues that needed worked out. 2010's should be good. Just be sure to get an UMP airfilter setup. One of the best solutions out there for the money, fixes the notorious filter issue. Other than that they are pretty solid.

If you have $25k look at a Webber powered RZR i.e. => 130 hp :macho same power to weight ratio as a lightly modded Raptor.

I was a little nervous at first, didn't know if I'd like as much as the quads. They are different = no better and no worse, just a different kind of fun. They can literally go anywhere a quad goes, at least for me.

I've got pictures launching the RZR's off dunes, they are a blast to jump and jump big.

Inspector
10-15-2009, 11:12 PM
I was at ATV aftermarket shop in Rancho, CA. today and they recommended the Yamaha. They are supposed to be coming out with a sport model in 2010. The Polaris motor they said has filter issues which leads to oil issues. I am a long time Yamaha fan. there motors definitely last longer than and Jap bike I have owned. Except for my 1989 Honda 250R. I am going to wait and see.

wishmasstir
10-20-2009, 10:43 AM
The new rhino does look better up front but its still bigger and now they are going to have a 4 seater. I just bought a rzr a few months ago and i'm glad I didn't wait for the new rhino. I've never had more fun riding something before, superatv sells a full suspension kit with axles to convert your factory rzr into a rzr-s for only $800 ... its a great way for people to save a boat load of money and just buy a regular rzr.

Inspector
10-20-2009, 10:49 AM
I agree that the RZR looks sharper than the Rhino. I got to ride in a Rhino for the first time this weekend. It was a 4 seater. It's a big machine. This one was hopped up quite a bit. I was at a desert race over the weekend and they sure look neat in race form.