PDA

View Full Version : temp dipstick

dobber21
09-23-2009, 05:19 PM
does anyone know where i can get an oil temp dipstick my buddy is looking for one cuz his old one fell out. thanx ahead of time

Pipeless416
09-23-2009, 05:23 PM
xrsonly

rocky_mtn_honda
09-23-2009, 05:53 PM
http://www.xrsonly.com/content/inde...emart&Itemid=89

VTredneckgames
09-24-2009, 05:17 AM
or build your own and save money

$56 for the xrsonly one. Sure it looks better, but I built one for $16 including another dipstick.

bigbad400
09-24-2009, 08:44 AM
how would you build one at home?

you say that like everyone should know how to build it at the blink of an eye and you never even mentioned the stuff you used.

maybe you should make a how to thread, details pics and all that good stuff. i would definatly give it a shot if its possible.

VTredneckgames
09-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by bigbad400
how would you build one at home?

you say that like everyone should know how to build it at the blink of an eye and you never even mentioned the stuff you used.

maybe you should make a how to thread, details pics and all that good stuff. i would definatly give it a shot if its possible.

uh maybe you should do a search before you say that?

its pretty common sense. You have a dipstick. You need a thermometer. Go to walmart, pick up a cooking probe. Now how would they work together? Hmmm. Drill hole through dipstick. Insert thermometer. Now bond it together somehow. Tada

Its so simple that if you cant figure out how to do it, you probably cant do it.

Shawthy33
09-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by VTredneckgames
uh maybe you should do a search before you say that?

its pretty common sense. You have a dipstick. You need a thermometer. Go to walmart, pick up a cooking probe. Now how would they work together? Hmmm. Drill hole through dipstick. Insert thermometer. Now bond it together somehow. Tada

Its so simple that if you cant figure out how to do it, you probably cant do it.

Wow, real helpful answer....:confused:

VTredneckgames
09-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Shawthy33
Wow, real helpful answer....:confused:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=408460

there, that better?

wasnt trying to sound all that hatefull but it really is very simple.

The hardest thing (which I failed at) is drilling through the center of the dipstick. If I had a little more patience and a sharper center punch, I could have done better.