PDA

View Full Version : chemistry homework

gcart2
09-23-2009, 03:19 PM
i have a few questions. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

1.The oxygen in air causes iron to rust. Iron and oxyen are _____________ in this process, and rust is a ___________

2.Iron and sulfur, when heated, form an ron sulfide that has different properties from either iron or sulfide. This iron sulfide is an example of a _________

3. Some iron and some sulfur are mixed together then gently heated. When the results are cooled, the iron can be seperated from the sulfur by using a magnet. This result is a _________

JLanphear
09-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Oh man I predict a creative "fill in the blanks" post coming up... :D

gcart2
09-23-2009, 03:27 PM
lol dont get started on that, i may think they are pretty funny and fill them in :p

JLanphear
09-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
lol dont get started on that, i may think they are pretty funny and fill them in :p

hahaah sorry for getting this off topic already man. :p

yellowzo3
09-23-2009, 05:10 PM
googled for about 10 minutes

mind=blown

Pappy
09-23-2009, 05:27 PM
I feel for ya...

Cody has a Chem class that is a college course and it costs him about 2 hours a night

Ralph
09-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
i have a few questions. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

1.The oxygen in air causes iron to rust. Iron and oxyen are _____________ in this process, and rust is a ___________

2.Iron and sulfur, when heated, form an ron sulfide that has different properties from either iron or sulfide. This iron sulfide is an example of a _________

3. Some iron and some sulfur are mixed together then gently heated. When the results are cooled, the iron can be seperated from the sulfur by using a magnet. This result is a _________

Iron and oxygen are reactants and iron sulfide is a product.

Iron Sulfide is a compound. It could also an example of a exothermic reaction.

If the iron and sulfur is heated to the point where a reaction takes place, then it will NOT be magnetic. I think what number 3 is looking for is a Mixture. Which is a combination in which the components can be separated.

motofreak2772
09-23-2009, 06:06 PM
sorry had this last year lol. You cant expect me to remember that.
Ralphs answers seem to be right though, it depends on what chapter/section your on and what answers your teachers looking for. As for the last answer its probably another reaction like electromagnetic or something(I cant even remember if thats a real reaction or not though haha)

gcart2
09-24-2009, 04:20 AM
thanks guys, i got ahold of a few other kids, no one could get them.

teacher finally tells us, "o we got new books, these papers are for the old ones, but they are close enough. yall can get it"

:scary:

thanks ralph

BlasterEaten250
09-24-2009, 07:00 PM
I thought chemistry was hard, then I met physics:scary: