PDA

View Full Version : trx250x problem....

fatboytank320
09-23-2009, 08:49 AM
My 250x will start up first or second kick everytime when its been sitting for an hour or so. But after I ride it for 15-20 minutes and then shut it off, when I go to start it back up it doesnt want to take the gas. I can hold it wide open and it just revs up, stops, revs up, stops and just does that, even if I try to go it just goes really slow down the road and doesnt want to take the gas at all. Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

DAVE14
09-23-2009, 10:08 AM
must be something in the carb more than once ive had a blade of grass get through my k&n & get into fuel bowl right into fuel jet , pick it out & runs perfect with all the same symptoms youre talking about

fatboytank320
09-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks, I'll try it..Maybe thats what it is, I also have a k&n.

usp4u
09-24-2009, 07:56 PM
your first two sentences point directly to valve adjustment. difficulty starting(especially a kick start) when hot points to valve adjustment. "doesnt want to take the gas" means nothing. Particulary when you stated that it is temperature sensitave.

fatboytank320
09-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Ahh, I never even thought of that...I did adjust the exhaust valve awhile back, thanks I'll try undoing what I did....My carb was plugged up though, not sure what it was but it didnt look very good...I started it up, ran fine, shut it off, went to refire it and it started doing same thing for a few seconds then straightened out. Havent tried since, but tmrrw I'll try the valves.