PDA

View Full Version : classic video

mxduner
09-23-2009, 02:36 AM
1986 races (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=409181)

Saul76
09-23-2009, 07:06 AM
Keep watching the channel - I'll be putting more up soon.

Some old school connections are paying off with old VHS being dug out of dusty boxes in the closet. :D

If you ever wanna read some recent interviews that I've done with some of these guys like Jimmy White, Mike Coe etc etc - hit the interviews section of **********

-Saul

Saul76
09-23-2009, 07:12 AM
WTF is ********** air foolers blocked here?

C-LEIGH RACING
09-23-2009, 07:45 AM
WHAT,,,,, what kind of 4 wheelers are those :eek:

Neil

86 Quad R
09-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
WHAT,,,,, what kind of 4 wheelers are those :eek:

Neil

brings back ole memories ehh neil.

greats vids thanks for sharing:cool:

88redrocket
09-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Saul76
WTF is ********** air foolers blocked here?

my guess is because they are not a sponsor of this site.

Saul76
09-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by 88RedRoclet
my guess is because they are not a sponsor of this site.

Geez - it's just my personal site. Certainly not 'competition' with this site or whatever.

Meh.

C-LEIGH RACING
09-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
brings back ole memories ehh neil.

greats vids thanks for sharing:cool:

Yep, sure does, cause some of those that were here on the east coast, I was at.

Some real 4 wheeler racers back then, sitting on top of that 2 stroke engine.
Not like these easy riding money pits they got to run now.
Neil

mxduner
09-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Saul76
Keep watching the channel - I'll be putting more up soon.

Some old school connections are paying off with old VHS being dug out of dusty boxes in the closet. :D

If you ever wanna read some recent interviews that I've done with some of these guys like Jimmy White, Mike Coe etc etc - hit the interviews section of **********

-Saul [url=http://www.mysmiley.net/free-mad-smileys.php]http://www.mysmiley.net.nyud.net/imgs/smile/happy/happy0180.gif[/url

oh you bet i will. heck i'm gonna subscribe to your channel.

btw was that broadcasted on cable back then? i never had cable available till like mid 90's. damn i missed out on alot of good racing back then. especially where i am from. there aint chit for r's around here, ever.

Saul76
09-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by mxduner

oh you bet i will. heck i'm gonna subscribe to your channel.

Sweet!

btw was that broadcasted on cable back then?

Yes it was. ATV's starting getting some TV coverage on ABC, NBC and ESPN - usually just small spots during the 'bigger' dirtbike moto/supercross .... Mickey Thompsons Off Road Gran Prix was also featured quite a few times. *hint hint*

It's one of my main daily missions to scour the depth of the internet for old information, video and contact riders of the the early, mid and late 80's of ATV riding.

IMHO - those guys ARE the pioneers and without them and the legendary machines they rode (both 3 and 4 wheels) we would not have the level of ATV racing we have today.

I have an interview with Donnie Luce (former pro Kawasaki rider, now one of the main men over at Yamaha in the ATV dept.) - that interview should go live late tonight.

It's an interesting read. Check it out if you like. (thats a text interview btw to be posted to a1rfoolers.com (replace the 1 with an i)

mxduner
09-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks so much for your dedication saul. I was watching your favorites on you tube i gotta post the blackwater 100:D Damn i remember reading 3 and 4 wheel action about that race. man i missed out on all that mayhem

blackwater 100 1988 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXqG7vaqGdU)

atv fan 28
09-23-2009, 10:20 PM
was that Hoosier flat track tires Donny Banks was running in that 2nd video from 86?

C-LEIGH RACING
09-24-2009, 08:04 AM
I didnt see the second video, but I can tell you Hoosiers were the tire of choise back when Donnie was racing.
Back then they had a 0 compound that was softer than bubble gum, a T5, T10, T20, T30.
Somewhere around the late 80s, I dont know what it was or why the change, but Hoosier tires went to crap, just wasnt the same tire, didnt work like it suppose to.
Say, about 6 months after that, just about when riders were getting fed up with tire performance, the American Racer tires came on the scene & swept over the market.

Hoosier, right now has a good tire, kinda working its way back in to the market & it seems to be performing like it should.
Last 2 national EDT races for the season, over 3/4 of the field ran Hoosier tires.
Neil

Saul76
09-25-2009, 03:08 PM
I posted some even older video today - classic THREE wheeler racing. :D