PDA

View Full Version : How's College Going?

Sjorge450R
09-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Many of us are back to school now and I was just curious as to what everyone is up too.

I have been alright with a work load and it should be relatively light this semester....having Fridays off is a blast and it allows for good times on Thursday night without the consequences of missing class:D

How about everyone else. Hows college treating you.

09-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Schedule is pretty awesome besides the late class. I have 4 day weekends every weekend :) Wednesday i only have 1 class and it sucks because its 7:00 - 9:40PM. Other than that its great.

250x_kyle
09-22-2009, 09:00 PM
first semester majoring in cnc maching. mon wens friday i start at nine and im done at 1 tues and wens i have class from 11 10 to 12 35 and a drafting class from 210 to 510 so its kinda rough

madskrillz2
09-22-2009, 09:42 PM
SUCKS. I have a Monday/Wednesday class and lab combo that is 3 1/2 hours long. Talk about miserable! Then I've got an English class in the morning Tuesday/Thursday followed by a Psych class at 7 at night. Pretty much a waste of those two days.

honda400ex2003
09-22-2009, 09:50 PM
early mornings late nights. alway behind in homework, sounds like a fun time to me. All things aside school is going pretty good this year so far. just a lot of busy work and stuff so far. this is week 4 for us at MTU. go mechanical engineers! steve

rollie
09-22-2009, 09:59 PM
other than my hour commute everyday its pretty sweet, this is my freshman year so the freedom i have is a welcome change for sure!, hopefully next year i can live at school

ben300
09-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
Schedule is pretty awesome besides the late class. I have 4 day weekends every weekend :) Wednesday i only have 1 class and it sucks because its 7:00 - 9:40PM. Other than that its great.

how many credits are you taking?

09-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by ben300
how many credits are you taking?

full time. I have 2 classes on Tuesday, 1 on Wednesday, and 3 on Thursday.

ben300
09-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
full time. I have 2 classes on Tuesday, 1 on Wednesday, and 3 on Thrusday.

gotcha....wasnt nocking ya or anything it just didnt seem like you were in class all that much...pretty luckyto have mondays and fridays off.....best i've done was only one class on friday mornings

ben300
09-22-2009, 10:20 PM
and i think the worst ive had was i had a 3 hour advanced solids modelling class from 130 to 415 on friday afternoons...blah that sucked

Honda#4
09-22-2009, 10:22 PM
I only have class 3 days a week which is good but commuting 300 total miles/week is a pain in the arse not to mention the wife commutes 200 with her set of classes and switching programs from software programming to architectual drafting, my classes start from 6pm and go to 10:30 pm but i'm doing ok just started on my classes so we'll see what happens.

09-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by ben300
gotcha....wasnt nocking ya or anything it just didnt seem like you were in class all that much...pretty luckyto have mondays and fridays off.....best i've done was only one class on friday mornings

its funny I was actually dropped out of all of my classes and when i signed back up they couldnt give me the same schedule because the classes were full. I'm thinking oh great i'm going to get the worst classes and times. It ended up working out in my advantage. It could be better but hey i'm not complaining about 4 day weekends

09-22-2009, 11:29 PM
SUCKS!! lol. Feel like all I do is school, homework, work, homework, school, homework, work, weekend comes, homework homework homework, food, homework homework, OH LOOK, Monday again... lol :p

Pipeless416
09-22-2009, 11:44 PM
i get a lot of homework this year!!! i'm an RA as well, so that consumes my life. nothing like dealing with a suicide attempt while trying to study for a test...:ermm:

BM@Ronayers
09-23-2009, 05:35 AM
O college! I graduated from ECU about 2 years ago. Long tuff road though. Props to anyone doing Mechanical Engineering! I got my first degree at community college in Engineering. Then I came to Greenville for Industrial Technology, Mechanical Design. I had to do all of the CNC and drafting classes and I actually had a good time in most. Boy did I get the wrong degrees at the wrong time though. The economy went south as soon as I graduated ECU and anyone doing any kind of engineering was screwed. Hopefully things will change for you young guns out there. Also, be sure to start looking at jobs at least a year before you graduate! If possible try and find an intership as well. Everyone hiring for any kind of engineering positions want experience. Get it while you are in school if you can! Just my 2 cents. Good luck to all of yall.

Sjorge450R
09-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
i get a lot of homework this year!!! i'm an RA as well, so that consumes my life. nothing like dealing with a suicide attempt while trying to study for a test...:ermm:

yeah that can be a pain....i was gonna be an RA but then ir ealized everything that comes along with it....it not worth the 8000 of room and board..lol

dns1764
09-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by rollie
other than my hour commute everyday its pretty sweet, this is my freshman year so the freedom i have is a welcome change for sure!, hopefully next year i can live at school

where are you going to school? i'm at wentworth in boston

bens250ex
09-23-2009, 11:34 AM
im in industrial tech at mississippi state. im takin a light load i guess you could say 13 hours. finishin up alll the bs stuff and will bew taking full industrial classes next semester, or might co-op.

ridered11
09-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Class, lacrosse, study and night life in that order.

MX MaNiAc 06
09-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Just started my 2nd year for PTA. Right now they're throwing everything at us and it's really hard. Mon-Thurs are my classes and I'm either in class, in the library or sleeping. I'm off to a great start with all As and a 95 in Anatomy and Physiology. Next year we get shipped out to wherever we want in the country to work in the field for a month at a time 3 times out of the year. I scheduled my first trip to Wyoming so I can live with my sister. School is hard as hell and then I go home every weekend (100 miles) to work my job fri, sat, sun and see my girlfriend. Keeping the girl happy is just as challenging as keeping up with my studies!! :p

J.Brown121
09-23-2009, 02:35 PM
mine is going pretty well. 8am-11am and 1pm-2:30pm monday and wednesday and 10am-11am on fridays so i get to sleep in friday and then go home early:)

ricksmx865
09-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Horrible!

Class from 9-5:10 leave straight from there and drive an Hr to work. Get off work at midnight. do it all again the next day. Make up missed hrs on Sat.

Sooooo ready to be done! :mad:

Toadz400
09-23-2009, 05:03 PM
I have class Monday-Friday but I'm done by noon everyday. Like an idiot I took two math classes at once again...second time I've done that, I don't know why I do:rolleyes: .

It's going good though. The weeks are flying by which is strange for me. I can't believe September is almost over.