PDA

View Full Version : Check out this video of my wreck in my first pro race, it's sick!!

Tommy131
09-22-2009, 07:14 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMaKcCWknaw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMaKcCWknaw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

etccb
09-22-2009, 07:29 PM
That's not a real pro class.

Which 450?
09-22-2009, 07:44 PM
ouch, and good thing you bailed I bet it would have been alot worse.

madskrillz2
09-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by etccb
That's not a real pro class.

Really now?

SRH
09-22-2009, 07:48 PM
pro is what they call the highest ability level at some races...not really pro....sometimes only as fast as B class we know hes not racing gust:rolleyes:

track looks pretty fun, what caused the crash? engine failure?

Pappy
09-22-2009, 07:49 PM
I'd say he wrecked like a Pro!

Sjorge450R
09-22-2009, 07:57 PM
I am going to say engine stall. Which caused the front end to dive considering the inertia at the rear wheels ceased to exist......

but hell. Thats just my guess. :o

TWISTED DINLI
09-22-2009, 08:24 PM
yea his engine stalled at the face of the jump.. so the only choice he had was to bail lol.

stuntin andy
09-22-2009, 08:26 PM
that was pro lol =p...sike man that sucks good luck on a full recovery

TWISTED DINLI
09-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by stuntin andy
that was pro lol =p...sike man that sucks good luck on a full recovery

its a local fair race dude... come on.. theres like 80 quads to show up to this event every year. and most of them are the hicks from the hills bringing in the 400ex's and stock 450's. but tommy is a very good rider. this was his first race since the end of feb. he won the A class at an indoor series in maysvville ky (earlywine racing)

RIDEREDson
09-22-2009, 08:41 PM
What made his engine stall?

TWISTED DINLI
09-22-2009, 08:42 PM
have no clue. i didnt make it to the race. he just told me about it after words

09-22-2009, 08:54 PM
I was going to welcome you to the front flip club but you didnt quite make it all around. Let me know when you get it down lol Looked like you were pretty high up there too. Good luck with the recovery.

blacknblue#2
09-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Dang i wish i woulda made it to that race,. I figured it woulda been a mud slop after that rain that morning. Tommy aint been the only one taking the plunge of not racing around here this year i havent raced since my last race at e-wines back in december. After a little personal accident i gave up the rest of the indoor series. I plan on hittin them again this year tho.

miller821
09-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Looks like you slid down the landing almost perfect!

Tommy131
09-22-2009, 10:24 PM
yeah i havent quite figured out what stalled my engine out yet but all i really remember is right before the take-off the motor just quit and i just decided to jump. At the time it seemed like the best thing to do lol but I really didnt have much time to decide as you can see lol. And I know it isnt really a national pro race but that is what they call it at a bunch of our fair races around here. They dont go by just A and B class, they actually make a pro class and it was the first time I raced pro. I won my first A class championship at Earlywine's Indoor Track in Maysville, KY this past winter so I figured I would give it a shot.

honduh440
09-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but anyone who doesn't know what a "local pro" class is, and the difference between it and a national pro class. That person has probably never raced in their life and shouldnt be commenting.

Tommy131
09-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
Correct me if i'm wrong but anyone who doesn't know what a "local pro" class is, and the difference between it and a national pro class. That person has probably never raced in their life and shouldnt be commenting.

haha thank you honduh440....
some people on here can be pretty mean lol....
im just trying to get a bunch of views on my video on youtube and stuff so the people from the tv show scarred will see it and try to get me on the tv show haha :D

TRXman86
09-22-2009, 10:42 PM
im just trying to get a bunch of views on my video on youtube and stuff so the people from the tv show scarred will see it and try to get me on the tv show haha :D [/B]

Hell if thats what ya want, just get on their site and see what it takes to be on it...

honestly, it didn't look real bad from the vid. The slide was pretty mellow... BUT, did the quad hit ya at the end?

Tommy131
09-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by TRXman86
Hell if thats what ya want, just get on their site and see what it takes to be on it...

honestly, it didn't look real bad from the vid. The slide was pretty mellow... BUT, did the quad hit ya at the end?

i would but if you watch the show it tells you not to send them any videos or anything, they will just throw it all away. i guess they just look for wrecks and stuff on the internet then find out who it is and contact them. not sure why but i think its pretty gay...

oh and no the quad ran over my leg but the impact with the ground is what broke my foot

400ex28
09-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Nice bail!

Tommy131
09-22-2009, 11:06 PM
thanks haha i thought it was a good one too lol

hey i got a question for anyone,
i am new to the forums and i am trying to put a picture up under my name but i cant figure out how.....
help?

CSR400EX
09-22-2009, 11:25 PM
sucks that you wrecked, hope you recover nicely. and about the pic, you go to your user cp, edit options, and go down to the avatar thing but the pic has to be a certain size like 65x65.

what i did was edit it in photobucket, hope this helps

QuadJunkies
09-23-2009, 12:36 AM
OUCH!! Sorry to hear of your injuries. Speedy recovery. :eek2:

BakerRacing40
09-23-2009, 03:42 AM
man freestyle it at 3:30 not 2:30!! ... and i'd recommend a foam pit for perfecting the front flip... lol

good to see your alright.. a year out sucks though.. good luck on a good recovery!!

what kind of boots did you have on?
how bad is the quad?
and what to do with a whole year off?

Tommy131
09-23-2009, 10:15 AM
haha yeah i forgot what time freestyle was haha
my bad lol
and yeah thanks for the info

greatly appriciated

usp4u
09-23-2009, 10:31 AM
that's classic!...the flagger is just standing there staring at you.:scary:

Tommy131
09-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by usp4u
that's classic!...the flagger is just standing there staring at you.:scary:

hell my brother almost beat the flagger to me lol and he was on the opposite side of the track haha

Tommy131
09-23-2009, 08:01 PM
hey everybody, im trying to get a bunch of views on this video so if you could just try and get a bunch of people to watch it it would be greatly appriciated:D

rodeo#11
09-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Had my engine stall after a jet blew out into the float bowl and everytime i would crack the throttle it would spit...(Thanks to the honda stealership). Nose dived just like that on a 40ft double, thank god my chest took the blow to the handlebars and nothing serious happened lol Good luck to ya man hope everything heals up quick!

Tommy131
09-23-2009, 08:30 PM
well that doesnt sound like somethiing you should be thanking god for lol that sounds like it kinda hurts lol

but thanks though haha :D

rodeo#11
09-23-2009, 09:21 PM
sarcasm all the way, truthfully though thank god i got out of it without any injuries! take it easy though

XtremeSkier
09-23-2009, 09:44 PM
crazy crash, totally off topic but who's that song by? i've heard that one a few times now on the radio

d3ktrix
09-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by XtremeSkier
crazy crash, totally off topic but who's that song by? i've heard that one a few times now on the radio

Hollywood Undead

XtremeSkier
09-23-2009, 11:30 PM
thanks

hasbeenttduner
09-24-2009, 08:34 AM
If you race Pro at locals I believe you have to race pro am at the nationals.Maybe you should have them rename the top class expert or something else.

blacknblue#2
09-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by hasbeenttduner
If you race Pro at locals I believe you have to race pro am at the nationals.Maybe you should have them rename the top class expert or something else.

im not sure if that is a rule or not but if it is im sure its always inforced if someone would protest you. Most the guys around these parts will never protest you due to the lack of guys around here that actually race quad MX around here.

Tommy131
09-24-2009, 10:39 AM
does it really matter what class they call it?
i know a lot of places call it pro and i know some that call it A class but it was an outlaw fair race..... i know alot of people around here that race pro class that only race A class at nationals and some of them only race B.
in my oppinion i believe that if you are good enough to race pro (A class) at a local race then go ahead but if you can only hang with A class riders at a national then drop down one.
trust me when my first race on a 450 I raced in the D class for a few races and I had everybody complaining at me because they said I was sandbagging, so I moved up to B and then A. Funny thing is is that my first race on my 450 was only the third time I had ever road a 450 im my life.

hasbeenttduner
09-24-2009, 11:43 AM
It doesn't matter how any of us feel about it.You need to confirm the atva rules.You or your local friends might get protested at a national due to the class name.I know locals are not the same but just for the heck of it you might ask the promoter to change the top class name to something else.
Good luck.

Tommy131
09-24-2009, 11:59 AM
it was a fair race, as in one race per year?
i dont think they really care what they call the name of the top class.

TWISTED DINLI
09-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Tommy131
does it really matter what class they call it?
i know a lot of places call it pro and i know some that call it A class but it was an outlaw fair race..... i know alot of people around here that race pro class that only race A class at nationals and some of them only race B.
in my oppinion i believe that if you are good enough to race pro (A class) at a local race then go ahead but if you can only hang with A class riders at a national then drop down one.
trust me when my first race on a 450 I raced in the D class for a few races and I had everybody complaining at me because they said I was sandbagging, so I moved up to B and then A. Funny thing is is that my first race on my 450 was only the third time I had ever road a 450 im my life.

didnt you end up winning the B class that day you moved up?

-Dylan

extremeblastr
09-24-2009, 02:47 PM
It doesn't matter how any of us feel about it.You need to confirm the atva rules.You or your local friends might get protested at a national due to the class name.I know locals are not the same but just for the heck of it you might ask the promoter to change the top class name to something else.
Good luck.

OUTLAW FAIR RACE = NOT A RECOGNIZED SANCTIONING BODY = ATVA COULD GIVE A CRAP WHAT CLASS YOU RUN THERE

dehner47
09-24-2009, 02:55 PM

if you run the "expert/pro" class at a local race, you are aloud to drop down to A class at the nationals.

cause the pro-am class is for A class riders and pro riders riding in the same class. you are aloud to run a local "pro" class and still drop down to A at the nationals. cause what if, your local even only had B class and an "pro" class and you ran nationals in the A class for points. you cant run the local or you have to give up your points for the A class. no. thats why they allow you to run local "pro" and still be eligible to run A at the nationals.

thats one of the reasons the pro-am class was build. this reason. also to allow pro riders more track time and chance to win more $$$. and it allows the A class riders to get use to the speed and skills of the pro riders. and more track time.

mkh155
09-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Heal up quick man,that was one hell of a bail!:eek2:

859davidt
09-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
OUTLAW FAIR RACE = NOT A RECOGNIZED SANCTIONING BODY = ATVA COULD GIVE A CRAP WHAT CLASS YOU RUN THERE

Not trying to butt in, I run the races at Earlywines (outlaw indoor track). I also race nationals, where 2 of the Earlywine riders were protested and bumped up a class because of there results from Earlywines. So I am going to assume they do care. ATVA Rules state that if you run local pro/money class, ama sactioned or not you must run A class or higher at Nationals. In this case, it was B Local, C National.

Not trying to start a internet argument, just stating what I have witnessed.
Thanks, Dave Trimble Vet 30+

Hope to see you all back at Earlywine's this winter. Joe Byrd will be doing a riding school October 24th & 25th if anyone is interested. Sorry Tommy, didn't mean to bog your thread.

Tommy131
09-24-2009, 06:57 PM
haha dont worry about it dave,
its nice to hear from you. how is everyone doing?
did you check out my wreck?
yeah i did quite a bit of damage to my foot so i wont be racing there this winter but i will be up from time to time to watch the races. let everyone know though that i wish i could be there to watch

859davidt
09-24-2009, 07:47 PM
All is well. Seen the wreck, every racers worst night mare. My thoughts every time I go over a jump, motor please don't quit!!!
Tell Mom & Dad I said hi. Tell Mom its part of it and every racer getting faster goes through it. Keep your head up and focus on moving forward and not on what happened. Hope recovery goes well.

Dave Trimble Vet 30+ #99

Tommy131
09-24-2009, 08:00 PM
well thanks dave, that was really reasureing.
yeah it sucks so bad know that your quad has just stalled out and you cant do anything but jump and hope for the best. Well i guess the best wasnt on my side this time haha but its ok, it could have always been worse. and mom and dad said hey.

Tommy131
09-25-2009, 11:29 AM
need more views on my video!!! come on people.... make sure you watch all the way through

nate 78
09-26-2009, 10:06 AM
nice bail

ryan243
09-26-2009, 10:59 AM
i still think you should have taken off your jersey in mid air and used it as a sail...
just saying hahahaha

Tommy131
09-26-2009, 11:03 AM
haha dude i tried but the damn neck brace got in the way,
and you know what the sad part is, the damn paramedics wouldnt even let me watch the rest of the race.
they put me in one of those stupid C-colars and i couldnt get up lol
i was pissed...

ryan243
09-26-2009, 11:08 AM
thats stupid
the only time i let the medics touch me is when im knocked out
i would have told them to shut up and tape me back on the quad so i could keep racing....and zip tie the throttle wide open!

Tommy131
09-26-2009, 11:13 AM
they wouldnt let me, i told them i would be fiine... hell i had to pay for an ambulence ride and an emergency room trip and all they did was give me a vicodin and crutches..... i was pissed, i could have kept riding too but they forced me to lay down on the ground...

extremeblastr
09-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by 859davidt
Not trying to butt in, I run the races at Earlywines (outlaw indoor track). I also race nationals, where 2 of the Earlywine riders were protested and bumped up a class because of there results from Earlywines. So I am going to assume they do care. ATVA Rules state that if you run local pro/money class, ama sactioned or not you must run A class or higher at Nationals. In this case, it was B Local, C National.

the earlywines races are a series with points and championship which is very different from running a fair race, ama is like the DIRT series is for dirt track modifieds it just shows that your track or series is recognized on a national level competition wise.

ryan243
09-26-2009, 11:39 AM
thats such crap man...they cant MAKE you go to the hospital...you should have been more assertive haha

extremeblastr
09-26-2009, 12:39 PM
they wouldnt let me, i told them i would be fiine... hell i had to pay for an ambulence ride and an emergency room trip and all they did was give me a vicodin and crutches..... i was pissed, i could have kept riding too but they forced me to lay down on the ground...

if you refused attention and they still gave you the ambulance ride you can discuss that with the billing office and it should be removed from your bill

Tommy131
09-26-2009, 01:12 PM
yeah ryan i was gonna be real assertive when i had like 43243 people holding me down lol.... but you should have seen my foot when they took my boot off tho... it was sickning, it looked like a tennis ball underneath my skin. haha

ryan243
09-26-2009, 03:14 PM
dude that sounds so cool! wish i would have been there! haha! remember what my wrist looked like when I broke it?? TOTALLY AWESOME

Tommy131
09-26-2009, 03:23 PM
yeah but i dont want to rememeber!!
that was nasty as hell! lol

ryan243
09-26-2009, 03:55 PM
HAHAHA nah it was cool!!!
except for the fact i still have to wear a brace and have arthritis like an 80 year old

Tommy131
09-26-2009, 04:48 PM
lol dude im going to be the same way, doc told me that arthritis is going to kill me haha

Tommy131
09-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Tell your friends to take a look!!!
I need more views on youtube!!!
Tell anyone!!!!!

Please & Thanks

braybray08
09-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Hey Tommy this is Braden, Adam told me you broke your foot, wow quite the fall... Fair races are no good, i broke my wrist this year at a damn fair race too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HBR5ElFLIs

Tommy131
09-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by braybray08
Hey Tommy this is Braden, Adam told me you broke your foot, wow quite the fall... Fair races are no good, i broke my wrist this year at a damn fair race too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HBR5ElFLIs

damn man that was you?! i had no idea!!
i have watched that video a bunch haha cause it comes up whenever i look for my video lol hope your healing up or have already healed up

braybray08
09-28-2009, 02:35 PM
damn man that was you?! i had no idea!!
i have watched that video a bunch haha cause it comes up whenever i look for my video lol hope your healing up or have already healed up

Yep that was me lol i am healed and back racing xc....

Tommy131
09-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by braybray08
Yep that was me lol i am healed and back racing xc....

well lucky you, its a different story for me lol
i have to wait prolly a year or so before i can ride again

Tommy131
09-30-2009, 09:17 PM
so just figured i would update my forum, i went to the doctors yesterday and they took out my stitches. here are some pictures

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/ATVRacer003/foot001-1.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/ATVRacer003/foot003.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/ATVRacer003/foot008.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/ATVRacer003/foot010.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m51/ATVRacer003/foot004.jpg

earlywine
10-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Nasty dude! Hope you heal soon! Tell your Mom nice video-ing until she realized it was you that wrecked!!

Tommy131
10-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by earlywine
Nasty dude! Hope you heal soon! Tell your Mom nice video-ing until she realized it was you that wrecked!!

haha thanks nikki, yeah i wont be able to race at all this winter which is kind of a bummer since i havent missed a race down there in 4 years but i will at least come down to watch the races

earlywine
10-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Cool. We'll put you to work or something!!
You hear Joe Byrd is holding a school here Oct 24-25? Sucks you'll miss that!!

Tommy131
10-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by earlywine
Cool. We'll put you to work or something!!
You hear Joe Byrd is holding a school here Oct 24-25? Sucks you'll miss that!!

haha yeah but my work is expensive haha.
i do some high quality work lol
yeah i might be able to help out someway tho the days i can make it down lol

Punkmaster Flex
10-02-2009, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
and what to do with a whole year off?

1: Take couple of months to pile cash;
2: Rebuild quad with quality parts;
3: ???
4: Profit!

Tommy131
10-02-2009, 10:20 AM
yeah im going to try and do a bunch of work to the motor and maybe get the shocks rebuilt.
then once i can start walking again im going to start training again that way i dont loose too much of my stamina and endurace

Tommy131
10-06-2009, 11:50 PM
so anyone wanna rate my video?
i like to make videos i have a couple more previous videos that i have made over the years and i am looking to make one of my championship win last year.
let me know if anyone wants me to post up any of my previous videos for everyone to watch and let me know what you think of them

RIDEREDson
10-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Tommy131
10-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by RIDEREDson

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=40262301">Red Bud National 08'</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=40262301,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=40262301,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>