PDA

View Full Version : answers

sportbikeridr
09-22-2009, 07:28 AM
i know i was told that this idea wouldn't work for pepole's opion's on this forum , but this came from Rislone's web site and i wanted to know would this work ? i know the Restore product will not but they are saying theres works... here is the excerpt from there site..... ----
Can Rislone Compression Repair be used in 4-cycle ATV and Motorcycle engines with a wet clutch?
Yes, Rislone Compression Repair can be used in 4-cycle (4-stroke) ATV’s and Motorcycles with a wet clutch since the product does not use any friction modifiers which could potentially make the clutches slip. Use approximately 4 ounces of Rislone Compression Repair per quart of engine capacity. --- ...... is this possible ? and i know that pepole on here will say put rings in and what if that person is on a budget ?

F-16Guy
09-22-2009, 08:33 AM
99.999% of additives are snake oil, with the exception maybe of fuel dryers. You can try it, but don't get your hopes up too high. If you do try it, post the results.

VTredneckgames
09-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Like a guy once told me "I've never seen a mechanic in a can"

You have to ask yourself, How does it work? What else might it do to the bottom end? What might it do to the small oil passages?

If you really want to try it, try it. But if it does work, it will not be as good as fixing it right, and regardless, you will have to put rings in it at some point. Now or later.

sportbikeridr
09-22-2009, 09:02 AM
when i post this theres the " voice in your head " what would it cost to put rings in ?

bigbad400
09-22-2009, 01:30 PM
topend gasket kit for like 45$ and a set of rings for like 35$ you need a torqu wrench and make sure you follow the manual to the t. you will need to know torqu specs and spacing the ring gaps properly and timing setting and valve adjusting spect and all sorts of things the book can tell you exactly how to do it. good luck. its not hard at all, you just need to know the specs.

you should never put any sort of fuel additives in any vehicle, they are not made to be used with anything but gasoline and oil. manufacturers say specifically not to use any additives in oil or gas. i wouldnt take the chance on my machine.

TRXRacer1
09-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by bigbad400
topend gasket kit for like 45$ and a set of rings for like 35$ you need a torqu wrench and make sure you follow the manual to the t. you will need to know torqu specs and spacing the ring gaps properly and timing setting and valve adjusting spect and all sorts of things the book can tell you exactly how to do it. good luck. its not hard at all, you just need to know the specs.
How much for the hone?

honda400ex2003
09-23-2009, 06:20 PM
another fity yo lol. sorry about that outburst my fingers slurged. lol. i guess around another 30-60 depending. maybe some more maybe some less. so for 140 roughly you could get it going good again. i say do the rings and do it right. steve