PDA

View Full Version : full hmf exhaust or..

hack
09-22-2009, 05:57 AM
ok so i was thinking. would it be better to do full hmf bill balance system, or just do a slip on and get the fmf powerbomb header?

VTredneckgames
09-22-2009, 06:34 AM
Do you have a budget?

What is your current mods?

What are you trying to achieve?

hack
09-22-2009, 06:43 AM
i dont have anything performance done yet. i decided an exhaust will be my first mod. along with an a exhaust though, it will be jetted and a get a new air filter.
on a budget, yes, but in the long run if its better to do the full hmf system, then ill wait.

VTredneckgames
09-22-2009, 06:49 AM
IMHO, unless you will be going all out in the future, you dont need the full system. The stock head pipe flows decent, especially if you grind the welds out some. I would save the money for something else and just get a slip-on.

I like the FMF with the stock head pipe.

hack
09-22-2009, 07:20 AM
well, really the question is is the header pipe with a full HMF system better than the aftermarket FMF powerbomb header?

wykyd450R
09-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Me, I would grab an HMF slip on, and add the HMF header later if you desire, or as cash allows. Mixing and matching pipes don't always work, as some have different diameter tubing. The HMF slip ons can be easily made to fit the HMF header later down the road. They send instructions to show where you cut the slip on to adapt the header.

hack
09-22-2009, 08:57 AM
is it possible to buy the hmf header somewhere? i cant seem to find them anywhere?

wykyd450R
09-22-2009, 09:39 AM
You can buy it from HMF. :)

wrekd
09-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by hack
i dont have anything performance done yet. i decided an exhaust will be my first mod. along with an a exhaust though, it will be jetted and a get a new air filter.
on a budget, yes, but in the long run if its better to do the full hmf system, then ill wait.

I would wait and do the full system. You're eventually gonna want the full system anyway.

I just put one on mine and I love it.

Lonestar_R
09-22-2009, 11:26 AM
I don't believe you can add the HMF header to the Slip on pipe. I know my HMF sport series is completely different than the stock header. The HMF slip on mid pipe is much smaller than the full system. I would do a Full HMF system. The sport series is all I have and I have a highly modified motor and it works fine

timmy400exfast
09-22-2009, 12:31 PM
i would get the full system the stock pipe on it is ok if you grind the welds down on the inside but you are gonna like the full system better but the only problem would be cash

Jkeith0004
09-22-2009, 08:24 PM
my opinion...unless you are planning on boring and such the slip-on is the way to go...with stock internals the full system only gives you a very slight gain over the slip-on...check their website they have dyno results for both

http://www.hmfracing.com/shop/pipes/honda/400ex-99-09