PDA

View Full Version : Broken ankle? Question?

xrxmxcx
09-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Well, it's going on 7 weeks now, fractured my fibula and severely sprained my ankle and I'm back to work and walking around and getting most of my flexibility back. Wondering if anyone has been down this road and how long is it going to be before I am back to being normal. I'm doing pretty good but my ankle just seems locked up and won't flex quite as much as before.

Oh well there's my rant just looking forward to riding again and training for 2010.

For all of you that don't know what happened....

http://www.youtube.com/user/Films201#play/all/uploads-all/2/XSpBUR-mgLQ

Snowskidr
09-21-2009, 09:18 PM
ive broken my tib and fib 4 times on the same leg. it all depends on age, weight, etc... . i want to say each time it wasnt bad. had almost everything back within 3 months or so. get some surgical tubing or rubber bands and work it out and keep flexing it. thats the most important. good luck!

JJs450r
09-22-2009, 07:18 PM
broken talus in april and i just started walking but not good i limp and it hurts a little and swelling still i dont know if this is normal the doctor says it is he said it was gonna take some time for the ankle and tendons and what not to loosen.....i hope so cause i just got a really good job

MX450
09-22-2009, 08:01 PM
I broke my tib/fib and i was going to rehab 2 weeks after. obviously not doing anything hard but alot of ankle movements. circles, back and forth, drawing alphabet w big toe ect... just start moving it like all directions like 30 times each direction (back and forth 30 times, then left and right 30 times) every day. Its been over a year since i broke my leg and ive got full range of motion. Just keep it movin, but not if it hurts!

mxduner
09-23-2009, 03:14 PM
believe it or not, the more you work it the faster it'll come around. been there 3 times now, and i bet depending on your type of work, you could be fine in 2 weeks

KXRida
09-23-2009, 05:44 PM
I've broken various bones in my left ankle 5 times and 4 times in my left requiring reconstructive surgery on my left ankle. I've been down that road quite a few times. All I can say is give it time to heal. I tried to make a double points race 2 days after being out of a cast, over shot a double and rebroke my ankle. It wasn't fun being back in a cast for 6 more weeks.