PDA

View Full Version : Funny quotes of the day

steve181
09-21-2009, 07:31 PM
My friend is a so called " know it all"

heres some of his comments

he piped it and lost top end dumbass

pipes give you bottom end and takes away top end

ive been around quads my whole life man rules are you never pipe a 4 stoke unless its for hill climbing so you can have the extra torque

pro ama riders have pipes yes actually my friends brother runs ama not in the pro circut but non the less he has a fully build yfz and he took it up against a stock yfz and got beat in top end...... he took the whole shot but when it comes down to it the stock yfz pulled at the end

honda400ex2003
09-21-2009, 08:54 PM
i know i am itching for some help from him!! lol. good stuff and a good laugh while doing some mechanics of materials. steve

powermadd400ex
09-21-2009, 10:40 PM
haha leave it to stealership mechanics. when my engine blew they said it was because i had a billet exhaust tip on it at that time :rolleyes:

and when my dad told them about me replacing my chain , that was a year old. they said it was because i jumped it :p

09-21-2009, 10:58 PM
just throwing it out there I remember seeing the one big gun exhaust tested and it lost like 2HP up top lol it was an epic fail.

TCracin440ex
09-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by steve181
My friend is a so called " know it all"

heres some of his comments

he piped it and lost top end dumbass

pipes give you bottom end and takes away top end

ive been around quads my whole life man rules are you never pipe a 4 stoke unless its for hill climbing so you can have the extra torque

pro ama riders have pipes yes actually my friends brother runs ama not in the pro circut but non the less he has a fully build yfz and he took it up against a stock yfz and got beat in top end...... he took the whole shot but when it comes down to it the stock yfz pulled at the end

actually your K.I.A friend is right. pipes do give topend. less restriction and free'er flowing gives more topend. the more backpressure an exhaust has the more bottom end it will have. you take away that backpressure and you will get topend

09-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
actually your K.I.A friend is right. pipes do give topend. less restriction and free'er flowing gives more topend. the more backpressure an exhaust has the more bottom end it will have. you take away that backpressure and you will get topend

Explain the HMF and the massive amounts of torque it gives yet it is very free flowing and doesnt do a whole lot up top but the top end gain is still there?

TCracin440ex
09-22-2009, 05:09 PM
some exhaust will give more lowend then others but most of the time topend is what you gain