PDA

View Full Version : which pipes to buy

shagz321
09-21-2009, 06:38 PM
hey everyone, i just picked up a 97 banshee, runs great real strong for stock but i wont to change exhust. i found a set of bills pipes and a set of toomys which do i buy, and will i i need to rejet if i change pipes

e463x
09-21-2009, 06:50 PM
what kind of riding do you do and yes you will need to rejet.

shagz321
09-22-2009, 01:12 PM
most trails and a little track riding, i was thinking about going with the bills pipes and silincers because they are 120 bucks cheaper but want to make sure its a good upgrade. also what jets do i go with, and does the boost bottle also help because he has a aluminum air box with k&n air filter with boost bottle also for sale

e463x
09-22-2009, 05:06 PM
never buy a boost bottle there a huge waste of money.

907Rider
09-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by e463x
never buy a boost bottle there a huge waste of money.
Agreed, you will lose exactly 1hp with a boost bottle. All it does is crack your intakes and look cool.

Bills are a good trail pipe, a little better then pc's. Defiantly buy them if their cheap.

e463x
09-23-2009, 10:27 AM
i dont know if your planing on building any bigger you might want to go with the tommys they are a great pipe and have power every where.

poppa-willie
09-24-2009, 04:37 PM
i would suggest either pro circuits or paul turners for trails/mx type riding. bills are better than stock but wont work quite as well as PC's or PT's.

also, boost bottles dont do anything. they dont add nor lose ANY hp. the'yr just for looks, and as mentioned they crack your intake boots.

as far as toomey's go, if you do get a set be sure to get t5's, they respond a little better to porting (which eventually you will catch the "bug" and want to go faster) than the t6's do.

tyleroar
12-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Paul turners are the best all around pipes you can get t-6s are great if all you ever want is a stock bike but limit you. Matt shearers and CPI are the highest horse power pipes but they don't like stock bikes they will flow way too much and jack your pipe timing you should really at least have a 4mm for them and its top end pipe not as fun on your slower trails
toomey t3 are great dune pipes if you where to look at t-5 i would get the Paul turners over them definitely paul turners are what win baja, pont de veux. dyno port is a good low pipe for slow trails only mx dont waste money on trinity trash!! fmf will bring the same power no technology went into there pipes or any thing they do for banshees any more i run shearers out of frame for dune /drag that's my preference

machwon
12-09-2009, 04:17 AM
I recommend you get the pro-circuits, there also nice silencers if you have sound issues and/or need spark arrestors where you ride. T-5's are nice but the real big power is in the CPI/Shearer's. Banshee's almost always come down to a powerquest and I consider the anything but the CPI/Shearer's to be just simply starter kits. The inframe drag pipes will also work just fine at the dune/drag strip and are the only ones that easily get into 80 rear wheel HP. Here's how I've tested them out at:
Pro-circuit upto 8500 rpms; T-5's 9200 rpms; FMF Fatty 9200 rpms; CPI 9800; Shearer 10500. The shearers can have issues with a good stock 4mm motor if you're using alky. Anytime you get into a custom build you need to be careful with the pipe you pick.