PDA

View Full Version : Fully Built 425 HP??

Jessem24
09-21-2009, 05:04 PM
im getting my motor built by hetrick racing. can you estimate a hp reading for this setup?

thanks a ton guys

- 425cc displacement
-ross racing piston
-full MX port and polish
-MX spec high lift cam
-Keihn FCR carb
- intake kit w/uni
-high rev cdi
-heavy duty studs and timing chain
-and valves (not stock) along with springs
- Hetrick racing header (identical to hmf?)
-HMF slip on , no quiet core

my friend had a 440 built by them that was at 54hp. so what would this be around?

Jessem24
09-21-2009, 05:06 PM
also it will have 11:1 compression and run on 93 octane

TRXRacer1
09-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Jessem24
also it will have 11:1 compression and run on 93 octane Bet she pings a little when you beat her. I'm assuming you're getting an 88mm piston so if you round up you can call your 425.74 a 426. Hp, low 40's.

Jessem24
09-21-2009, 05:16 PM
well. this uad is on a stock motor now. its not even a year old, i just want more power.

yes trxracer your right there. but will i have over heat problems? maybe a spal fan is in the future?

and would this setup outpull a stock 450?? just curious :D

TRXRacer1
09-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Jessem24
well. this uad is on a stock motor now. its not even a year old, i just want more power.

yes trxracer your right there. but will i have over heat problems? maybe a spal fan is in the future?

and would this setup outpull a stock 450?? just curious :D Pinging is overheating in the combustion chamber. It can happen in such a mild manner that a lot of people don't even know it's happening. Usually the guys that think a little more octane makes their engine run harder are the guys that didn't even know they had a problem. It can be harsh too and we know what that's like.

I would say keep an eye on it, depending on conditions and cam profile you might be okay. Worst case maybe you'd have to blend a little race fuel. Couldn't comment on the fan, never used one but if it can reduce temps then that's all you might need.

You want to pull a stock 450 with this setup....... no problem.:D

Jessem24
09-21-2009, 05:49 PM
thanks man, i didnt know what pinging was until you told me.

maybe ill even go to 10:5:1 compression. who knows :o

im not doing it till december anyway.