PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Frames

89rwfo
09-21-2009, 06:47 AM
Who still sells frames for the 250r? Who makes the best for the woods?I want to build a x-country quad but I want to get long travel front and rear. I have had no luck finding one used.

deathman53
09-21-2009, 07:27 AM
Laeger, lonestar, hre, jrd, thats all I can think of right now.

croat1
09-21-2009, 09:42 AM
tigor racing

250Renvy
09-21-2009, 10:44 AM
A number of places still make the 250R frame if you are serious about getting a NEW one.

HRE
Laeger - possibly
Walsh
LSR
Tigor
PRP

For a Cross country setup however and if you truely want long travel - there are only really 2 options for the 250R and that is NO-link setup which Roll design is the only one who made a good one. The LSR no-link wasn't as long - also don't forget that you will need a complete rear end with swingarm on top of the frame.

The other option is CR500 link - if you go to Laeger and they can actually build you a frame they cannot do the CR500 link swingarm and not one with a skid plate mount since you will need the coverage for the linkage.

I have a brand new Laeger stock replacement narrow front because I couldn't get a CR500 link.

HRE can probably make you whatever you want and for the best price if he has time. See my sig for pics of my HRE custom frame with 450R rear end and ARS-FX long travel rear - it's almost a 17" shock which is considered long travel for a 450R but a 250r linkage is still 16.5"

Walsh can build you a Cross country 250R frame but it will require a-arms, stem and swingarm and could be expensive - but if you have the cash that may be the impressive way to go.

BTW though there are about 4 Roll design chassis' available on here and on ebay.

09-21-2009, 08:37 PM
All you need to do is go to www.walshracecraft.com and order all new parts. They have everything you need.

Master LTR450
09-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by 89rwfo
Who still sells frames for the 250r? Who makes the best for the woods?I want to build a x-country quad but I want to get long travel front and rear. I have had no luck finding one used.

Sounds to me like you want a Roll Design Lobo. I know where you can get one if you wanna spend the $$.

89rwfo
09-22-2009, 08:24 AM
WOW I came to the right place for that question. Looks like I have all sorts of options. I really thought the "R" frame was dead.
Thanks for everyones help, time to do some research.