PDA

View Full Version : Scary Spiders in your home thread

Ralph
09-20-2009, 08:56 PM
My ears are still ringing from when Liss found this spider on our stairs.

I didn't think there were any dangerous spiders, besides widows, to worry about in PA but this one got me double checking.

Anybody know what kind this is?

What do you guys do to keep these monsters out of your house

Ralph
09-20-2009, 08:56 PM
:o

09-20-2009, 09:01 PM
I havent had scary ones in the house but outside black widows, brown widows, brown recluse... theres plenty scary spiders that arent poisonous too. I dont have any pictures though its just like an everyday thing oh look better another one.

Guy400
09-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Looks like a small wolf spider. Nothing to worry about. It's funny, down here I've grown accustomed to Black Widows. You just learn that if you leave shoes in the garage, gloves, etc. you just shake them out before putting them on.

Tommy Warren
09-20-2009, 09:05 PM
did you know the daddy longlegs is venomous?:eek2: but its fangs are too small to inject venom.

Ralph
09-20-2009, 09:17 PM
I think your right about it being a wolf spider.

Liss is not happy though. She nearly bursts my ear drums when the penny sized ones are hanging around the house.

tri5ron
09-20-2009, 09:22 PM
I'd say it's a Fishing Spider...

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/housingandclothing/DK1033.html

or maybe a Grass Spider...

http://www.termite.com/spider-identification.html#grassspider

Sjorge450R
09-20-2009, 09:51 PM
you gotta watch out for the Brown Recluse and the Black Widow in Pa. Google brown recluse and see what you find. Its not a good thing at all. It can cause gangrenous which everyone knows is very harmful. My house is full of spiders during some times of the year (spider season...i guess you could call it)

gcart2
09-21-2009, 05:11 AM
I guess im used to widows too. I worked in a steal building and they were everywhere.

rodeo#11
09-21-2009, 07:22 AM
We have plenty of brown recluses in our area, I'm a trail ranger and i see them daily. At first glance that's what i thought it was, after looking at it a little more carefully the number of legs threw me off it only has seven i think is what i counted. But you can't always rely on that due to the fact spiders lose legs in all sorts of ways. After seeing the other post i would have to agree to its does resemble a grass spider.

cdrookie
09-21-2009, 12:17 PM
i live in a spider house, can't possibly keep up with all the cobwebs. i just get some raid indoor fogger and shoot a can or 2 off whenever i'm going away for a while. i spray around the outside of the house a good bit also. i'll never get rid of them, can only hope to contain them!

mxduner
09-21-2009, 04:10 PM
I think there is some type of smoke bomb that you can get at hardware stores.

Quad18star
09-21-2009, 04:13 PM
I HATE spiders. I was at my parents cottage this summer sitting on the crapper and grabbed the roll of TP and felt cobb webs inside the roll. I looked over on the shelf and there was a damn spider the size of a tennis ball. I almost jumped off the throne and screamed like a little girl. I put the boot to that mofo when I was done I tell you that much.

JR3
09-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
did you know the daddy longlegs is venomous?:eek2: but its fangs are too small to inject venom.

thats actually very false look it up.