PDA

View Full Version : EHS Airbox Lid

IcutMetl
09-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Anybody else using one of these? Just picked up the lid kit off their website (www.ehsracing.com) and it's a pretty trick, well made piece. Good customer service, well made, quick shipping, and detailed instructions (for people that can't figure it out by looking at it).

The kit comes with an aluminum outer ring (anodized colors optional), a rubber gasket, stainless hardware, and a specially made piece of Outerwears material. Perfect for a guy like me (or like us) who wants performance of an open airbox, but doesn't like the amount of crap & water that get in there.

Honda 250r 001
09-20-2009, 11:09 AM
my dad has one like that on his raptor.

I did the exact same thing only i took a outerwears airbox cover and cut it to fit the outer edge of the airbox lid, i cut out the guts of the lid and glued it on there and it works pretty good.

Do you care to tell us what they cost?

IcutMetl
09-20-2009, 11:37 AM
They are pretty pricey in my opinion; in the $60 range. Black comes standard on the outerwears; colors are $5 bones extra, as well as optional anodized colors on the outer aluminum ring.

The guy is making a hell of a profit on them; the materials can't cost nearly that much. I've got a guy coming in a couple weeks to look at the drive boards of my cnc mill; it would be very easy to make up similar units and sell for much less.