PDA

View Full Version : Hot start plunger in carb is stuck TIGHT

HondaRaceReady
09-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Today I took of my fcr carb to install my new baldwin hot start cable and found that the whole hot start assembly is corroded inside. The part that actually hooks to the cable wont budge. It used to come right out. Its only a magnet right? Anyway I already have the carb in a box ready to ship out on monday morning. Just wondering did this happen to anyone else and what can I do to prevent this? Its only like a year old.

MX450
09-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Mine wasnt stuck but just nasty and corroded.. i just order a new hotstart vavle its like 20 or 30 bux and you get the whole setup, spring, plunger, black plastic piece that screws in.. everything.

Are you shipping you carb off bc that is stuck?? just pull harder!! get some carb cleaner and spray it in there maybe loosen it up.

HondaRaceReady
09-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah I was going to send it out because I didnt want to **** anything up by pulling on it. Every time I put needle nose pliers in there to pull it, the prongs on the thing just bend. If they break Im ****** because there wont be anything to grab it by. I guess I will try some carb cleaner and other solvents first though.

Scro
09-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Soak it down with penetrating oil (I used PB Blaster), and let it sit over night. It will come right out.

rt20ps
09-21-2009, 11:35 AM
I've had to remove a few of those. Break the little tabs off to get the cable and spring out of the way. Drill a small hole in the center of the plunger. Take a small self taping screw or sheet metal screw and thread it into the hole. The plunger will break free as the screw tightens. You will have to replace the plunger.

Sjorge450R
09-21-2009, 01:08 PM
apparently this is a common problem. Mine did it too and i thought that i was the only one that had this problme. According to Colby at C&D he sells quite a few of these kits. its $20 from him for the whole kit.

fastredrider44
09-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Penetrating oil. Soak it, soak it, soak it, pull it out.

PB Blaster.:D