PDA

View Full Version : Gas cans

IcutMetl
09-18-2009, 04:26 PM
A pretty simple question...what kind of gas can is everyone using? I'm assuming 5 gallon. I can understand the concept behind the "c.a.r.b." compliant cans, but they are a pain in the nuts. I've bought 2, and 2 of them have broken. Can't quite digest the price of a $45 race jug yet...but I'm leaning that way.

jesseweaver
09-18-2009, 04:43 PM
same with me, i hate those safety caps but cant come to spend $50. i've never broken any but they're just a pain in the ***. i use a 2.5 gallon.

i had an older regular can, 2.5 gallon and it had a regular spout it worked really good but it fell off the truck one time.

ZBlaster
09-18-2009, 06:58 PM
IMS Quickdump is the only way to go

mxduner
09-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Those cans are g a y. i hate them stupid things. Simply cause any time fuel is vented, say goodbye to the vapors, which is what burns. I seen an ad on the weather channel with a statistic on how much fuel is lost because it is vaporized.It was alot, but it could be a far fetch because of political reasons:D

i will look for it.

I do have the race jug, and it is real nice. My roomate at the time won like 5 of them at millville 1 year when he sand bagged the c class:D so he gave me 1. Otherwise i would not have bought 1, cause i'm cheap

5pennys
09-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Fuel Jugs (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/4/22/259/7342/ITEM/LC-5-Gallon-Utility-Jug.aspx)

Here's one that I found that's not too expensive. I've ordered other stuff from this website and they are pretty good about getting things to you in a timely manner.

I think I'm going to order a few of them pretty soon. I get so mad every time I have too use one of those c.a.r.b jugs.

mxduner
09-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by 5pennys
Fuel Jugs (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/4/22/259/7342/ITEM/LC-5-Gallon-Utility-Jug.aspx)

Here's one that I found that's not too expensive. I've ordered other stuff from this website and they are pretty good about getting things to you in a timely manner.

I think I'm going to order a few of them pretty soon. I get so mad every time I have too use one of those c.a.r.b jugs. Thats quite similar to mine but mine is round. i like the square version better. that is a good price imo

tri5ron
09-18-2009, 11:13 PM
I use an old glass 5 gallon Sparkletts bottle with a piece of garden hose duct taped to it.
is that a BAD thing ??? :devil:

SRH
09-18-2009, 11:24 PM
i hate those cans, so stupid, i was putting gas in my quad sitting on it by myself, strapped on, the ******* spout slipped and went in my gas tank and wouldnt come out, i tried holding it and forcing it out, the thing broke off went in my tank and gas went all over my hot quad...lucky i didnt catch on fire, then i had to locate a drain snake and fish it out of my tank....:mad:

IcutMetl
09-19-2009, 12:34 AM
I was looking thru my stack of catalogs tonight, and Chapparral seems to have either the square or the round VP 5 gallon jerrycans- $19.99 for the white, and $20.99 for the red or blue. I'm sure their spouts are extra; but that's the best deal I've found yet; even on ebay.

TN_cowboy
09-19-2009, 08:35 AM
i use the old miltary 5 gallon cans. they work awsome and i get them for free from the motorpool. i got one on every trailor and 6 for the wife to use for the company and 2 or 3 in the truck. i think the ones that are made for the water work best. you dont have to find a spout it has one kinda built in