View Full Version : TC racing cylinder?

CODY_M11
09-18-2009, 11:51 AM
I recently found a 89 250r cylinder for sale. The only info i got on it is that it is a TC (Tom carlson) race ported cylinder that was ported for and raced by a jason dunkelberker. Does anyone know anything about TC racing or this racer? Just curious about it before i buy it. Thanks cody

rockingkfarms
09-18-2009, 12:58 PM
TC Racing (Tom Carlson) built many reliable, quality motors throughout the 90's. His modified four strokes were some of the best around and won many races/championships. I don't hear his name much anymore but I think TC might still be in business.

CorvetteZ06
09-18-2009, 05:26 PM
TC racing built many pro motors, tom knew his stuff. not sure what happened though, havent heard that name in a while.

machwon
09-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Ditto on the TC 4 stroke motors, I know he used to be Doug Gust's motor guy in the 90's for a while. He built a buddies 400ex (465 stroker) that would flat out run with my 265R.

http://www.tcracingengines.com/

The cylinder should definitely have TC scribed on the side if I remember correctly.

jon370r
09-19-2009, 07:41 AM
I had a TC ported cylinder on one of my quads and it ran great. It was one of the best stock based engines I've ridden after fixing it. The guy I bought the quad from had the piston in backward.

usp4u
09-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Tom is still in buissiness and building some fast motors. Heck of a nice guy too. Takes alotta time time off for hunting trips though. Did a GREAT job on my hybrid engine.

woodsracer144
09-19-2009, 09:13 PM
haha i saw that one too! i was thinkin about it but i dont need another paper weight for now... i have a few of them

usp4u
09-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by CODY_M11
I recently found a 89 250r cylinder for sale. The only info i got on it is that it is a TC (Tom carlson) race ported cylinder that was ported for and raced by a jason dunkelberker. Does anyone know anything about TC racing or this racer? Just curious about it before i buy it. Thanks cody

use the search feature on this here site to find a ton of info on Dunk....btw, its "dunkelberger" or something like that, just change your "k" for a "g".

250rPRIDE
09-20-2009, 04:01 PM
i called and talked to tom about that cylinder on ebay and he advised me not to buy it to make a long story short,
take it how you want it, but ya tc builds some awsome motors and one of the nicest builders you will ever deal with, but he is mostly 4 stroke at this point, i have a friend that sent him a head over 2 years ago for a r and he still hasnt done it yet, he doesnt want to do just 1.