View Full Version : I need a rough guess of how many CD's are going to sell...post if you're buying one

TC17
01-12-2003, 05:58 PM
sorry guys. no demo song until next week. just pretend you heard the song and like it cause you will. we were riding and had to come in early cause brian's mom was on her way and we didn't have time to record. so i need a rough guess of how many people are going to get the CD. 5 bucks. free shipping or CD is 6 bucks.

btw, sorry i'm posting so much about this.

TC17
01-12-2003, 06:22 PM
bump

TC17
01-12-2003, 07:11 PM
come on people. i need a guess. i'm putting some together and i need to know if it's going to be like 5 or 50.

optikid123
01-12-2003, 07:18 PM
put me down what the heck

Fender Bender
01-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Yea, me too as long as its not rap crap

TC17
01-12-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by strokedandpoked
as long as its not rap crap

you won't beleive how much i hate rap. i can talk better and faster than those freaking black rappers anyway so how come i'm not a millionare with my homie crib? sorry. i HATE rap.

2 is a start...

TC17
01-13-2003, 04:53 PM
come on people. this has been on for a day and only 2 replies?

Ralph
01-13-2003, 05:02 PM
i wouldnt buy anything i dont have idea how good it sounds, for all i know u could be a bunch of 7th graders playing the theme song to jimmy neutron

TC17
01-13-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Lrd Mx400ex
i wouldnt buy anything i dont have idea how good it sounds, for all i know u could be a bunch of 7th graders playing the theme song to jimmy neutron

no, i'm not in 7th grade. you will be able to hear the song by this Friday night for sure.

flyin#5
01-13-2003, 05:22 PM
ill probly grab one

Striker49
01-13-2003, 06:12 PM
Can I still send in for my workmans pay? ;)

01-13-2003, 06:13 PM
Whats the title of your songs, and what kinda music are they?

TC17
01-13-2003, 07:10 PM
1. Death to Intro
2. Neverending Song
3. The Pit
4. The Depressing Song (name to be changed)

we don't do songs that aren't good. we do REALLY good songs or none. 4 is all we have so far. we are working on 3 songs but usually it take atleast a week to do one song. but we screw around and ride. we have a 3 day weekend so we will crack down and do 3 more REALLY good songs and start recording. we'll have the sample song Friday night i think. it depends on what day he comes over but probably Friday.

TC17
01-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Striker49
Can I still send in for my workmans pay? ;)

if you really don't want you to because the cover is attractive and it will "attract" people to buy it and i will make more than your 5 bucks. you did the work so you should have it free. i did all this recording work and making songs and i might be a couple extra bucks.

TC17
01-15-2003, 08:47 PM
ok guys. friday night we'll have the demo song. the CD actually might have to wait until later in February. we need more songs. we have some good ideas and need to take some time to play with them and come up with something.

Striker49, in the near future i may need your help once again. my parents decided that if i put the band members on the front covers(hot girls)(not us, LOL) our g/fs, it'll attract more people to buy it. i guess they are right. hot chicks in a punk band. well i love the DownFall thing. so i had an idea of putting us in front of the CD. so we could have the band in the middle, DownFall above it and From Scratch below us. and the flames as the background. we are going to take a pic of all of us this weekend.

here are the permanent members...
me(Anthony)-lead guitar
Andy-backing guitar
Julie-backing guiar, keyboard, singing
Brian-drums
Dee-Bass guitar

this will be fun when the money starts rolling in one who gets what. we have me spending countless hours a night on this CD. or we have Andy who has no clue about this CD. lol.

QuAdRaCeR244
01-15-2003, 10:06 PM
i will buy one

TC17
01-16-2003, 03:19 PM
cool. that's 6. tomorrow night!!!!!!!!! I AM SO PUMPED!!!!!!!! i canNOT wait until we get this song on. we found out how everything works so we got the errors out for now. then once we have the demo song on, we're goign night riding with some friends.:). i think we're going to use "the pit". it's cool. here are the songs i can play...

Papa Roach-She Loves Me Not
Papa Roach-Broken Home
Fuel-Bad Day
Nickelback-How You Remind Me
Nirvana-Smells Like Teen Spirit
Lit-My own worst enemy
Chevelle-The Red
Staind-It's Been A While
Metalica-Die,Die,Die My Darling
know i wish we could put all of those on our CD. we'd have A LOT more CD play time. well anyway, i've been practicing and we should sound REALLY good tomorrow.

Crazy4bluEx
01-16-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by 2003TRX250EX
you won't beleive how much i hate rap. i can talk better and faster than those freaking black rappers anyway so how come i'm not a millionare with my homie crib? sorry. i HATE rap.
2 is a start...

ur funny man.... i would LOVE to see you keep up with Track 07 on lil jon and the east side boys, give some rappers credit. the name of the song is "rep your city" an if you can keep up with the lyrics infront of you. i will buy 5 of your cds :devil

*K*

flyin#5
01-16-2003, 03:47 PM
crazyblue is right rap is alot harder than it looks. my cuzin raps with 2 of his friends and there really good. they have a cd with 14 tracks on it but now he moved to cali and is making a solo album. he can spit words out so fast its friggen insane and you can hear every one too.

Crazy4bluEx
01-16-2003, 03:50 PM
thank you flyin 400ex....
i also hang around Snake Mobb Records
Mystic Mindz, and the 812 souljaz
and they are INSANE with their words,
and to believe they are actually intelligent

*K*

TC17
01-16-2003, 04:05 PM
ok they can talk fast? how could you make 14 tracsk of rap!? it's the same. i don't think it's really the rap they practice it's the hand motions. :rolleyes:. it is a lot hard to play an instrument than "rap". does "rap" take dedication and years of lessons?

TC17
01-16-2003, 04:06 PM
remember, you can spell crap withouht rap.:devil

Crazy4bluEx
01-16-2003, 04:18 PM
2003TRX250EX- does "rap" take dedication and years of lessons?

nah it doesnt, because its called natural talent, you cant be TAUGHT how to freestyle, or how to rap. so how is it easier? just mad because you cant FLOW? an rap beats are pretty complicated on some songs. I think your just mad because all the nellys and eminems are taking the music world over, and you are throwin your little fit...but why dont you just talk crap on a cd about eminem and send it to him, i BET he makes you look like a fool..

*K*

tants
01-16-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Lrd Mx400ex

lmao

Team Outlaw #34
01-16-2003, 04:35 PM
and remember a portion of this is goin to exriders (isn't that right or did i hear that wrong in the other post) so your not only gettin a cd you are helpin out exriders....

flyin#5
01-16-2003, 04:40 PM
2003, i would love to see you even compare to my cuzin. trust me there beats are probably way harder than anything you play. and its the same? how is every track the same? they all have totally different beats and different words also different tones. im not a fan of many black rappers cuz all they do is talk about all there bling bling and how there living the high life. some of the **** that eminem talks about is stuff that hes been through and maybe if you would just listen to him you would get it that hes doing this so you dont repeat what hes done in his life. my cuz is the same way hes been through **** and was addicted to drugs for many years along with his friends. they all got help and worked through it and tells about all the crap hes been through in his life on a cd because he cant get it out any other way.

TC17
01-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Team Outlaw #34
and remember a portion of this is goin to exriders (isn't that right or did i hear that wrong in the other post) so your not only gettin a cd you are helpin out exriders....

i begged Ben to receive 30% profit and he wouldn't. he's too nice to do that. he wanted me to enjoy the money i get.

TC17
01-16-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by flyin_400EX
2003, i would love to see you even compare to my cuzin. trust me there beats are probably way harder than anything you play. and its the same? how is every track the same? they all have totally different beats and different words also different tones. im not a fan of many black rappers cuz all they do is talk about all there bling bling and how there living the high life. some of the **** that eminem talks about is stuff that hes been through and maybe if you would just listen to him you would get it that hes doing this so you dont repeat what hes done in his life. my cuz is the same way hes been through **** and was addicted to drugs for many years along with his friends. they all got help and worked through it and tells about all the crap hes been through in his life on a cd because he cant get it out any other way.

i see your opinion. everyone has there own. now that i finally see something real instead of rap is cool, i respect your right to like rap. i just don't like it. i think you can tell about your life in rock too.

nacs400ex
01-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Rap is the biggest bunch of bullsh*t around. All they sing about is drugs, blingin chains, and chicks. Dont they have anything better to sing about. Yes, there probably is some rap that actually makes sense with what they are saying, but it all is "phat" beats, lol. I just find it funny with how the wiggers put their pants in their socks, wear chains down to their crotch, have their pants to their knees, wear their hats almost falling off their heads. They look like rich homeless bums. The wiggers just try to act black and stuff, like geez get real! I dunno I am just gunna stick to my heavy metal and Punk, some of you may say they cant sing though all they do is scream... my ears, my ears! Well they actually have talent, and dont hold their crotch while they are singing and swing their arms this way and that. They also know how to use proper grammar in their lyrics. Instead of Yooooo Dogg, sup my homie. Chisel My Nizel !! True Dat! Watch the Bling Yall !!

Well enough of my ranting and raving, I just dont like rap, I guess I just wasnt born with that beat.

Whatever Floats Your Boat.

I might buy one of your CDs, I wanna hear what you guys sound like first though. lol

Black400
01-16-2003, 05:37 PM
I HATE rap to but i can listen to it (if i have to) but i have no respect for the people that use drum machines and they lip sing(most of the time) and they dont even write their own music the read off flashcards. Some of the rappers do write their music and i give them credit for that but. I even like country better than rap only because they right their own music. Its only METAL and ROCK&ROLL for me!!:devil

Black400
01-16-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Honda300Rider
Rap is the biggest bunch of bullsh*t around. All they sing about is drugs, blingin chains, and chicks. Dont they have anything better to sing about. Yes, there probably is some rap that actually makes sense with what they are saying, but it all is "phat" beats, lol. I just find it funny with how the wiggers put their pants in their socks, wear chains down to their crotch, have their pants to their knees, wear their hats almost falling off their heads. They look like rich homeless bums. The wiggers just try to act black and stuff, like geez get real! I dunno I am just gunna stick to my heavy metal and Punk, some of you may say they cant sing though all they do is scream... my ears, my ears! Well they actually have talent, and dont hold their crotch while they are singing and swing their arms this way and that. They also know how to use proper grammar in their lyrics. Instead of Yooooo Dogg, sup my homie. Chisel My Nizel !! True Dat! Watch the Bling Yall !!

Well enough of my ranting and raving, I just dont like rap, I guess I just wasnt born with that beat.

I might buy one of your CDs, I wanna hear what you guys sound like first though. lol

AMEN

Ryan
01-16-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Honda300Rider

Amen to that too. (Gang Bangin, Gang fights, Drive Bys) All a bunch of bullsh#t to me. I don't understand why it is so popular?

TC17
01-16-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Metalquadrider
AMEN

yep. i just dont' want to cause i fight with anyone. yep. maybe tomorrow night we'll have some more replies on this.

Black400
01-16-2003, 06:46 PM
I might by one when i get some money

TC17
01-16-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Metalquadrider
I might by one when i get some money

cool. we're working on a VERY heavy song. most are alternative and in the middle. on is "depressing" and slow and quite. and then changes to heavy. we don't have many songs, only 4 completed ones. but the ones we DO have are very good. we are now working on 2 more and 6 is good for the CD. that should be 20 minutes if not, we'll do more.

flyin#5
01-16-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by 2003TRX250EX
i see your opinion. everyone has there own. now that i finally see something real instead of rap is cool, i respect your right to like rap. i just don't like it. i think you can tell about your life in rock too.

exactly, you can tell about you life in rock and most bands do. i hate most rap just like you. i have respect for only those like my cuzin and some of eminem. my cuzin is totally oposite of those bling bling black wana be white rappers. he has true talent along with his friends. yeah he also has dreads but not to try and be black or anything he does it because that is who he is hes "different" and he taught me to ride a wheelie on my quad when i was little.:D and oh yeah my cuz writes all his lyrics and they actually mean something.:rolleyes:

BassBunny26
01-16-2003, 07:20 PM
Here's the deal...if it ISNT heavy metal/death metal watever u wanna call it...you know that screaming yelling angry depressing music...then it sux...*no offence to anyone* but rap is NOT my thing...and another thing is that Nsuck Bull*hit boys or watever and that Jlo crap...nooooooooooo way!! die die die!! lol sorry. well nope...i hate all the other stuff...i do like some punk....but i like to still with my vioent fetish trash music!! SLIPKNOT ALL THE WAY!!

Black400
01-16-2003, 07:28 PM
SLIPKNOT HE!! YES!!

BassBunny26
01-16-2003, 07:31 PM
hehe yes...slipknot!

Black400
01-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Are you Pinkflame with a different name?

BassBunny26
01-16-2003, 07:35 PM
how did u guess?? (yes i am but im tyring not to be a post whore cuz i promised ben id be good)

Black400
01-16-2003, 07:37 PM
It says flawless babe on your avatar and your posting with pink and you like slipknot your the only chick on here like that hehehehe

BassBunny26
01-16-2003, 07:40 PM
hahah! is that bad?

Black400
01-16-2003, 07:42 PM
No i think its pretty cool for a girl to like heavy music and still be a girl (and not Man/Girl)lol:eek:

TC17
01-17-2003, 07:14 AM
well in about twelve hours we'll hopefully, if everything goes well, should have the demo song up and running.:). then we're going night riding for the celebration. i hope more people will be interested in buying the CD once we have the demo song up on line and running.

BassBunny26
01-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Hey got some Pics!

muff
01-19-2003, 04:19 PM
I'll buy it if i like the demo, i gotta hear the demo first

how many tracks are you gonna be puttin on it?

BassBunny26
01-19-2003, 05:17 PM
we have atleast 5 songs....the demo is our specialty is majorly kicks

TC17
01-19-2003, 10:46 PM
not working. my dad is coming back tomorrow and will work on it more. if all else fails, we'll have a pro come and and do this.

TC17
01-21-2003, 07:42 PM
here is a pic after i spranged my ankle after moshing with brian. he's doing a handstand. i'm in the background like dead. not working.

my dad found a program thanks to DGR Designs, and is goin to try and get this working tomorrow. there is a 50/50 chance.

DGR Designs
01-21-2003, 07:45 PM
aweosome dude glad to help:D get this succa up!
~Dave

Roobus1
01-22-2003, 03:46 AM
Hey fellas. Thought I would jump in this thread. I'm in a band called "bystander." You can check us out at www.bystandermusic.com. We play at a lot of bars in Chicago. If you're ever in the city, check us out. You can download our songs from the site or they are also up at mp3.com. Or you can just email me and I'll send you a cd.

Hey 2003TRX250EX, I'll check out your demo. Let me know when it's done.

Peace

TC17
01-22-2003, 04:13 PM
awesome man. what program did you use to record you songs? i use cakewalk and i'm having a really hard time switching this stupid file to a MP3. it's stuck to a wave file. i'm still messign with musicmatch.