PDA

View Full Version : flag football

J.Brown121
09-17-2009, 11:52 PM
anyone play flag football on here? we had our first game tonight and is was a lot of fun, but it makes me wish i would have went to college for it now:rolleyes:

wolfpack91
09-18-2009, 04:26 AM
I don't but my 8 year old son is the QB for his flag football team.:cool:

I've been helping coach and it's been a blast. He likes football way more than riding or racing.:eek: But what do you do? He's having fun and he's good at it and I figure it could pay for college someday maybe too.

Sjorge450R
09-18-2009, 07:11 AM
i start on monday. Philadelphia universities take this seriously. They have a whole big fancy torny at the end and stuff. I'm the captain of my team and i just cant wait to get started. Where a laid back team so its just for fun.....for now. Until my competitiveness kicks in.

J.Brown121
09-18-2009, 09:19 AM
some of my friends and i started playing flag in the 4th grade b/c our parents wouldn't let us play until we were in jr. high. when we played tackle our 7th grade year we took the positions of all the kids that had been playing their whole lives b/c we were so much quicker. i could have played college football at some of the smaller schools around here but i'm already beat up bad enough. lol on the flag team i'm a reciever and the defensive captain on our mens league team, and we're VERY competitive. we had our first game last night and it was a blast!

extremeblastr
09-18-2009, 10:41 AM
live for it! unfortunately not to many people around here get into it so its pickup games when i can get enough people togeter, i'm pretty quick but its much more about footwork and thats where i excel;) i would love to play in a league as long as it doesn't cut into my 18 and up baseball playoffs:macho

miller821
09-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Reading about this and watching college football makes me wish I would have played all four years in high school... Man do I miss football, just a fun sport!:cool:

J.Brown121
09-18-2009, 11:09 AM
i played football, b-ball, soccer, ran track and did powerlifting in high school and the one thing that i miss the most is running out on the field with 5,000 people in the stands waiting to see how the team does. i lived to play defense in high school!!!

extremeblastr
09-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by ridin'MX365
i played football, b-ball, soccer, ran track and did powerlifting in high school and the one thing that i miss the most is running out on the field with 5,000 people in the stands waiting to see how the team does. i lived to play defense in high school!!!

i'd have to say the big thing i missed about playing in highschool was being a "utility" player, i could go out on a defensive series and intercept it just to be the tailback on the next down lol.

J.Brown121
09-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
i'd have to say the big thing i missed about playing in highschool was being a "utility" player, i could go out on a defensive series and intercept it just to be the tailback on the next down lol.

i hated offense lol. i just wanted to hit people :D