PDA

View Full Version : Kimbo vs. the rest of the heavyweights

buster024
09-17-2009, 07:57 PM
What do you guys think is going to happen on this years Ultimate Fighter? I personaly think Kimbo is going to lose early. I think it's cool he signed on for a season, and is really trying to become a real MMA guy, but I still think he's going to lose.

ben300
09-17-2009, 09:41 PM
rumor has it on sherdog, that he doesnt make it our of the first round of eliminations

J.Brown121
09-17-2009, 10:30 PM
when does the show start? i'm pretty stoked about this one guys. dana white siad the if kimbo doesn't win ultimate fighter then he won't let him in the UFC. do ya'll know anything about the other fighters?

madskrillz2
09-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Sherdog is full of abunch of trolls. One guy says he gets knocked out in the first fight and the next says he wins. Nobody knows. I think he'll win one, maybe two, but won't win it all. There's abunch of scrubs on the show this year.

TCracin440ex
09-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by buster024
What do you guys think is going to happen on this years Ultimate Fighter? I personaly think Kimbo is going to lose early. I think it's cool he signed on for a season, and is really trying to become a real MMA guy, but I still think he's going to lose.

i really agree with you totally...i think kimbo dont have any ground game at all and if he gets put in the ring with a guy that has good ground game he is gonna be out

oh yea did you see that cut in the guys head the first eppisode...i bout threw up from seein all that blood it was gross

300ex mxracer
09-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Ya that cut on his forehead was freakin huge lol. He lost a ton of blood.

Doak450r
09-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Roy nelson has to be a fovorite to win this season.

TCracin440ex
09-18-2009, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by 300ex mxracer
Ya that cut on his forehead was freakin huge lol. He lost a ton of blood.

yea he did...idk if i could waller arround in another persons blood like that...i had to look away from the TV...he was pouring blood...look like sombody had slaugherd a cow in the ring or somethin

dehner47
09-18-2009, 06:49 AM
if your a bit sqeemish from blood, MMA is not your cup of tea:devil:

roy nelson is a slob. yes he held title in IFL but for real, who ever really fought in the IFL. haha

kinbo is a joke. yes he's an awesome stand up fighter. might be some of the best you'll ever see. but his ground game is a joke. i think on the ground, i could probably triangle choke him. he leaves hus arms and head out to much. watch his older elite fights. he horrible. to many holes for a real ground fighter to exploit.

i think the whole season is gonna consist of all the house drama. fights are gonna either way quick knockouts. or just 2 fat dudes rolling around with one guy doing work n one guy laying there flopping around like a fish outta water.

5pennys
09-18-2009, 10:56 AM
From what I saw on the first episode it looks to me like this is just going to be a season full of guys that tire quickly and end up laying on the ground (as evidenced by the first fight).

Watching the workouts of both teams it didn't look like many of the guys showed up in top shape, maybe I'm wrong:confused: .

As far as Kimbo goes, I like his chances against the other guys on the show. I'm one of the few that actually like him I think though. I think he's very hungry to improve his weaknesses and to prove to Dana White and all the other haters that while yes, he does have some rather large holes in his game, he is working hard to improve and become a better all round MMA fighter.

From watching the first episode, I think Kimbo has some good matchups that he could potentially dominate. We'll see I guess.

TCracin440ex
09-18-2009, 11:36 AM
im not squeemish of blood but when i saw that and he was bleeding like a stuck hog then i got a lil sqeemish..

5pennys i dont think anything that kimbo does is going to be able to improve his ground game. hes like a fish out of water on the ground and even tho hes big you put him against any good MMA fighter they will KO him easily. i think mirco has already KOed him with a swift kick to the face so ive read somewher???

madskrillz2
09-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
im not squeemish of blood but when i saw that and he was bleeding like a stuck hog then i got a lil sqeemish..

5pennys i dont think anything that kimbo does is going to be able to improve his ground game. hes like a fish out of water on the ground and even tho hes big you put him against any good MMA fighter they will KO him easily. i think mirco has already KOed him with a swift kick to the face so ive read somewher???

That wouldn't be surprising. To me, Kimbo just looks slow. I'm cheering for the guy just because I think people hate him for all the wrong reasons. He's more or less the blacksheep. So hopefully he can improve a good bit on the show.

quad2xtreme
09-18-2009, 12:29 PM
For the most part, Kimbo seems to be reasonable type of guy and definitely not some thug. In all of his street fights, he fought honorably. The fight he lost against the cop went to the ground which none of his other fights did. When a person is down in streetfighting, it is like boxing where you give them a chance to recover and continue.

He is a fish out of water in MMA. I am ok with him though. Sure are a whole lot of fighters that are bigger jerks than Kimbo.

5pennys
09-18-2009, 01:25 PM
TCracin440ex- To the best of my knowledge, mirco and kimbo have not fought each other. Although that would be a fight I would like to see.

I think Kimbo's ground game could improve easily from a wrestling stand point. He's got the strength to have a brutal ground and pound if he could improve his wrestling. However I don't think he is a ju jitsu type of fighter, so I don't see that aspect of his game improving a whole lot.

But let's be reasonable, the majority of the heavy weight fighters are not really known as outstanding ju jitsu fighters (with the excetion of mir and a couple of others). Several of them have outstanding wrestling skills that go hand in hand with their ground/pound (Lesnar) but most are not great submission artists.

madskrillz2- I understand what your saying about Kimbo looking slow. Most of the heavy weights look slow to me. However, I would not want to be on the receiving end of a punch coming from Kimbo, or Lesnar (his punches don't look that fast either but they were devasting to Couture).

Just my 2cents:)

ben300
09-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Sherdog is full of abunch of trolls. One guy says he gets knocked out in the first fight and the next says he wins. Nobody knows. I think he'll win one, maybe two, but won't win it all. There's abunch of scrubs on the show this year.

your a troll....there are guys on sherdog that have way way more insight into whats goign onthere than any douche on this stupid sight......funny thing is that the same think is being said on mma junkie as well. id take what somoen there says over what some dingle berry on here says..

and dehner47....you've got to be kidding right, there is now way thta kimbo is one of the best stand up fighters...his stand up is attrocious at best....hes probably not even a top twenty stand up guy...he's slow..his pnches arent crisp...

lets face it as it is....it would be totally awesome to see him win the show, but it aint gonna happen...he's only on the show to draw attention to an almost dying weight class....plus there are a couple of of guys with legit experience onthe show....alll in all week season....

extremeblastr
09-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by ben300
your a troll....there are guys on sherdog that have way way more insight into whats goign onthere than any douche on this stupid sight......funny thing is that the same think is being said on mma junkie as well. id take what somoen there says over what some dingle berry on here says..

and dehner47....you've got to be kidding right, there is now way thta kimbo is one of the best stand up fighters...his stand up is attrocious at best....hes probably not even a top twenty stand up guy...he's slow..his pnches arent crisp...

lets face it as it is....it would be totally awesome to see him win the show, but it aint gonna happen...he's only on the show to draw attention to an almost dying weight class....plus there are a couple of of guys with legit experience onthe show....alll in all week season....

two things:

1. slow your roll on the personal attacks, you may not have meant to come across that way but you did
2. learn how to spell

p.s. kimbo has great stand up he just isn't used to having to defend himself so hes working on it.

dehner47
09-18-2009, 03:09 PM

more or less talkinbg about the on the show. hell, my boy nick diaz would whoop his @$$ in the stand up game and he only fights at 165. kimbo has great hands. and hits hard. not many dudes on that show really impressed me with there stand up. i'm sure things will change when you see the guys more and they start coming into there own. but just as of now, i think kimbo has the best stand up "ON THE SHOW"

and thanks extreme. least someones got my back around here. :D

extremeblastr
09-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
and thanks extreme. least someones got my back around here. :D

haha no problem i have a thing for returning the favor to people acting like dbags :scary:

quad2xtreme
09-18-2009, 03:37 PM
there are guys on sherdog that have way way more insight into what is going on there than any douche on this stupid sight......funny thing is that the same think is being said on mma junkie as well. I'd take what someone there says over what some dingleberry on here says...

Ben300, you do have to consider that more than 50% of the mma experts on that site picked Couture to win his last fight. You have to admit that Sherdog is made up of a whole lot of nuthugging cheerleader types who rely too much on emotion when predicting the outcome of a fight. I am way better at picking fights than most of the people with 5,000+ posts on that site. I've never trained a single day of mma in my life so apparently training in mma doesn't provide much additional insight into the fight game. By the same token, I haven't played football since 8th grade and I've done better than the Yahoo! analysts at picking the pro games over the past several seasons.

Sure wish Sherdog would force members to pick at least 100 fights a year and display the win/loss ratio so you could judge how good the opinions really are.

scottproquad
09-18-2009, 04:22 PM
im for anyone who shuts lesners mouth after the lesner mir fight, what a lack of respect for the sport!!! Almost as bad as honda pulling out of atv racing:ermm:

fastredrider44
09-18-2009, 04:25 PM
IMO, all of those heavyweights need training. That's why they are on the show. But as far as Kimbo goes, he definatley needs some help on the ground. Should be a lot of fair fights. Maybe not always the most entertaining, but should be fair. And if Kimbo works at it, and gets better, Dana will let him in the UFC because he will bring in the money.

fastredrider44
09-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
IMO, all of those heavyweights need training. That's why they are on the show. But as far as Kimbo goes, he definatley needs some help on the ground. Should be a lot of fair fights. Maybe not always the most entertaining, but should be fair. And if Kimbo works at it, and gets better, Dana will let him in the UFC because he will bring in the money.

p.s. Cro Cop and Kimbo.... I would say that Mirko would get that hands down.

madskrillz2
09-18-2009, 06:04 PM

Don't come at me like that. Obviously you don't spend much time on Sherdog if you think it's not full of trolls or you're just one yourself. Yeah there's a lot of guys on there that know their stuff but the idiots outnumber the smart ones. That forum is at least twice the size of this one so think about that. Oh and calling me a troll? Ok then......:rolleyes:

quad2xtreme
09-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by scottproquad
im for anyone who shuts lesners mouth after the lesner mir fight, what a lack of respect for the sport!!! Almost as bad as honda pulling out of atv racing:ermm:

didn't just about all the manufacturers pull out? Wondering why you single out Honda?

5pennys
09-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
p.s. Cro Cop and Kimbo.... I would say that Mirko would get that hands down.

Anyone can win on any given night. Just like that fight that Mirko was picked to win pretty heavily and he got caught leaning down right into a head kick that folded him up like a lawn chair (I think it was two fights ago for him).

I would probably pick Mirko over Kimbo simply based on experience and technique, but on the other hand it wouldn't surprise me if Kimbo won. It would definately be a fight I would like to see.

Doak450r
09-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
if your a bit sqeemish from blood, MMA is not your cup of tea:devil:

roy nelson is a slob. yes he held title in IFL but for real, who ever really fought in the IFL. haha

kinbo is a joke. yes he's an awesome stand up fighter. might be some of the best you'll ever see. but his ground game is a joke. i think on the ground, i could probably triangle choke him. he leaves hus arms and head out to much. watch his older elite fights. he horrible. to many holes for a real ground fighter to exploit.

i think the whole season is gonna consist of all the house drama. fights are gonna either way quick knockouts. or just 2 fat dudes rolling around with one guy doing work n one guy laying there flopping around like a fish outta water.

honestly though you say nelson held a tiltle in the ifl but who fought in the ifl? what has any of the other fighters on the show done? And honestly kimbos stand up is some of he best we'll ever see? that might be one of the dumbest things i've heard. I would put Nogs, mirs, overeems, pat barrys, cro cops, fedors, pretty much 75percent of all well known HW's ahead of kimbo, and the thing that goes hand and hand with stand up is your chin and when you get knocked out by seth petruzulli with a falling away jab come on, he has no foot movement and no head movement.

madskrillz2
09-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Doak450r
honestly though you say nelson held a tiltle in the ifl but who fought in the ifl? what has any of the other fighters on the show done? And honestly kimbos stand up is some of he best we'll ever see? that might be one of the dumbest things i've heard. I would put Nogs, mirs, overeems, pat barrys, cro cops, fedors, pretty much 75percent of all well known HW's ahead of kimbo, and the thing that goes hand and hand with stand up is your chin and when you get knocked out by seth petruzulli with a falling away jab come on, he has no foot movement and no head movement.

Nelson also got pretty much embarrassed by Arlovski not too long ago.

Doak450r
09-19-2009, 11:32 AM
yeah which is such a horrible thing to be beat by a top ten heavyweight, Rewatch the fight because your opinion and mine are different because i thought nelson had arvloski in trouble on the ground. And who else on the show would of done better against arvloski?

madskrillz2
09-19-2009, 03:14 PM
yeah which is such a horrible thing to be beat by a top ten heavyweight, Rewatch the fight because your opinion and mine are different because i thought nelson had arvloski in trouble on the ground. And who else on the show would of done better against arvloski?

Where did I say it was a bad thing? I just said he got beat. I never said anybody on the show would have done better either. Notice I said there's abunch of scrubs on the show this year in an earlier post. Why don't you rethink what you're saying like ben300 before you jump on somebody's case.

bansheeboy321
09-19-2009, 03:16 PM
kimbo is just a street bully that has made a name for himself on the Internet. Put him in front of some decent fighters and he gets KO

Doak450r
09-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Where did I say it was a bad thing? I just said he got beat. I never said anybody on the show would have done better either. Notice I said there's abunch of scrubs on the show this year in an earlier post. Why don't you rethink what you're saying like ben300 before you jump on somebody's case.

alright can i ask what you were trying to get across when you said nelson just got embarrased not to long ago by arvloski? And i'm not jumping on anybody's case this is a public forum and everyone has their own opinion and ours i don't think are the same. And all i was trying to say was nelson has the best chance of winning because he has been in fights with a lot of quality opponents has experience, and is a good grappler where i can see most of the other fighters on this show being completely lost on the ground.

ben300
09-20-2009, 09:40 AM
alright can i ask what you were trying to get across when you said nelson just got embarrased not to long ago by arvloski? And i'm not jumping on anybody's case this is a public forum and everyone has their own opinion and ours i don't think are the same. And all i was trying to say was nelson has the best chance of winning because he has been in fights with a lot of quality opponents has experience, and is a good grappler where i can see most of the other fighters on this show being completely lost on the ground.

agreed...heck wes simms has a better shot than kimbo just cause of his experience....im sorry but kimbo fought roy nelson, and james thompson...who has done nothing but fight cans in cage rage and fought some pretty big cans in pride too...and kimbo barely one that fight too

extremeblastr
09-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
didn't just about all the manufacturers pull out? Wondering why you single out Honda?

actually no they didn't, they are still throwing a lot of support out there just not fielding their own teams anymore. that is except for canam.

madskrillz2
09-20-2009, 01:43 PM

I don't think our opinions are the same either but I do agree Nelson may have the best chance at winning. There's pretty much no talent on the show this year. Maybe embarrassed was a little bit of a stretch but he never had Arlovski "in trouble". All he did was lay on him with that fat gut of his.

madskrillz2
09-20-2009, 01:45 PM
agreed...heck wes simms has a better shot than kimbo just cause of his experience....im sorry but kimbo fought roy nelson, and james thompson...who has done nothing but fight cans in cage rage and fought some pretty big cans in pride too...and kimbo barely one that fight too

Please go take an English class and freshen up on your fight history. Kimbo never fought Roy Nelson.

ben300
09-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Please go take an English class and freshen up on your fight history. Kimbo never fought Roy Nelson.

I am very sorry. I ment to say Ray Mercer. Im pretty sure that my I know my fight history pretty darn well. And you need to calm down. Just cause some one on this website disagrees with you, does not mean that you need to get all upset about it.

How bout that English chief?

madskrillz2
09-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Im pretty sure that my I know my fight history pretty darn well.

How bout that English chief?

You fail. Anyway, I'm pretty sure you're the one that insulted me first. So, don't try and put the blame on me about disagreeing.