PDA

View Full Version : To sell or Not to sell?

LT250_JOE
09-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Took the Outlaw upstate Pa for a 5 day trip.... went over entire bike before I left (always do). All trail/ woods riding.

Day one: runs great, end of day check bike over.
both side upper rear bushings.... gone(grease wont help)
left rear hub bearing.... tons of play and grinding
both front upper a-arm bushings gone (grease doesnt help)
left front inner tie rod- tons of play
rear sprocket bolts loose(recall and I red loctited them)
both front wheel bearings grinding/play(just had warantd first trip on them).

So I say f-it I have 4 days left on trip I'm not sittin. Lube the hell out of everything, tighten bolts and head out for day two.

Day two: runnin good..... first break : left rear cv boot torn(not quads fault but the icing on the cake)
then 10:30 am cruising through a corn field quad just dies.
After checking obvious... find no spark.
Flat tow 1 hour back to camp and troubleshoot for a couple hours. Find pickup @ flywheel/crank has gone bad.

WTF..... I have takin this thing riding 12 times and broken down 10. I know atv's are high maintenance, but this is a sac-o-**** in my book.

Can someone talk me out of sellin cause I love it when its runnin. But I do have to say my 92 suzuki never ever has broken down on me since the day I bought it.

Oh... and I'm an adult rider who does not abuse my stuff. Very particular and meticulous.

SSJEFF
09-18-2009, 05:27 AM
I do not know what to tell you, I have issues with the Ball joints and steering joints but never had an issue with the motor, have had 4 outlaw andf buying another today. I would say get another brand and see if things follow.

some_won
09-18-2009, 06:39 AM
That sucks, I've had my 07 for quite some time now and haven't had any of the problems you've had, and I've beat the crap out of mine. The only problem I had was thr right front wheel bearing went out so I changed both fronts.

FiveTwentyFive
09-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Well, let's see. I tore a boot, too, but only cause I forgot to tighten the chain. :rolleyes: Then there was the throttle cable needed adjusted, then I got a bent tie rod..... Oh no wait, that was when I hit a tree...... No, no real trouble here..
Yeah, if all that happened to me, I would unload the Devil Spawn! If you bought it new, then it was recently possessed and if you bought it used, then it was probably already that way.

:D

katch26
09-18-2009, 01:06 PM
you should keep it and sell me the 250 :)........sounds like you got a lemon, might be best to unload it.

LT250_JOE
09-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Bought it new. Currently on third set of upper rear bushings(now wasted). second set of rear hub bearings (now bad), second set of ft wheel bearings(now bad).

Like I said.... I love it, but to spend 500-600 in parts every trip and cross fingers whether I'll break down or not sucks.

I cant imagine if I was riding in wet conditions or jersey sand!!!

OutlawBill
09-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Sell