PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

price_gp
09-17-2009, 02:27 PM
i have a 06 kfx 400 i bought it with around 40 hours on it i know this because the person i bought it from had an hour meter installed on it the day he picked it up he had receipts to prove it it has around 56 hours on it now. it had gas in the oil when i bought it and it was overflowing out of the resevoir tank i drained the oil for a long time changed the filter and put a fuel shut off valve in the line because it doesnt have one and the gas apparantly was filling up the carb and overflowing into the engine. i cleaned the carb and put it back together and it seemed to be fine. then i installed a mod quad air filter kit and had it rejetted i think to a 150 im not sure and the valves checked because it wasnt wanting to start after it got warm, they said the valves were fine. i got it back on a thursday night and didnt really ride it and left up north with it friday morning while i was up north it was leaking gas out of the bottom of the carb, wasnt pouring out but leaking slowly and it didnt want to start right away after it got warm. i brought it back and had the shop put a knew needle and seet in it. as soon as i got it back i took it on the trail and it was doing fine then it stalled and wouldnt stay running waited a while and it fired up and ran fine and then did it again and again and again!!!! i even turned the petcock position and it didnt seem to help. they installed a inline fuel filter and put some isoheet in the tank and said it was running fine. got it back and it did it again so i was told to drain the gas and clean the tank so i did and it has stayed running but is still leaking gas out of the bottom of the carb. is it my carb jets, the petcock, or what? please this is a very nice quad and i enjoy it alot but i cant ever ride it!! any help would be very appreciated. thank you for your time!!! quad is stock besides air filter kit and 150 jet(i think)!!

airmobile101
09-17-2009, 03:17 PM
CHECK YOUR CARB FLOAT;) Your float is sticking. Tap the fuel bowl with a screw driver to see if it comes loose and it stops leaking. The bike has no fuel shut off. It only has fuel going to the carb in the PRIME position when off or on. When its in Run or Res. No fuel will come out unless the bike is running. It runs off a vacuum.