PDA

View Full Version : NEW PRODUCTL: DRR Reverse carb Kit

bulldogfallon
09-17-2009, 01:36 PM
DRR has the kit in stock..... Retail is around $120

I'll post pics in the coming week

Check with your preferred mini quad supplier for more info and availability!!

Great news!!

Also---I posted more in on the 2010 models too----modified cylinders, new exhaust, better cranks etc....

2010 should be an exciting year!!!

NSTIG8R
09-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Here's a pic un-installed for ya.
You'll need to bore a hole in the battery box to house the air filter
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/n-stig8r/DSC03940.jpg

over40racer
09-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Can you post pics of it installed and will it fit an Apex?

bulldogfallon
09-25-2009, 05:04 AM
I bet it would fit an apex even better...

#404's Dad
09-25-2009, 09:17 AM
How will this kit effect the Power Output with having a longer intake track and different volume?

Coley'sdad#8
09-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Your right Gary, I saw an apex a guy had bought used for his daughter that had a setup similar to this. He had bought it stock like that.
Looking @ this setup picturing it going up and over the upper motor mount bolt I cant see the measurements working.
From the bottom of tyhe intake boot (which would now be sitting on top of the motor mount bolt) to the top of my throttle cable bend is 4 1/2" +-
The measurement from the top of the motor mount bolt to the bottom of the tank is only 3 1/2"
Looking @ the pic it looks like it still shoots it out the side, does it use a snorkel to get it to curve and go back to airbox??

bulldogfallon
09-25-2009, 09:32 AM
The intake can be rotated to various positions......

guy310
09-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Maybe the way to go would be to bolt each side of the engine to the motor mount instead of all the way through. Might need a stronger motor mount but I think the Mach 1's are a little thicker than stock.

NSTIG8R
09-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by over40racer
Can you post pics of it installed and will it fit an Apex?
Sorry, we did not install it, the customer will self install, currently in a tear down. I will get a pic when installed if one is not posted by then.

bulldogfallon
09-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by guy310
Maybe the way to go would be to bolt each side of the engine to the motor mount instead of all the way through. Might need a stronger motor mount but I think the Mach 1's are a little thicker than stock.

THE DC Modz mounts are thicker, but this kit was designed to work without that kind of mod...

As per DRR...

We will throw one on this weekend

dericsdad
09-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Please post those pic's of it mounted, i am very interested!!

What reeds come with it?? Carbon fiber?

Will the boot it comes with fit a keihin 28mm??

Thanks, Dan

Logan #34's Dad
09-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Only one way to find out... Dyno time AND only pm ME with the results. Woohoo!

Originally posted by #8trx450r
How will this kit effect the Power Output with having a longer intake track and different volume?

ToddL
09-29-2009, 08:35 AM
yup - waiting to see how it looks so I can get rid
of my milk jug (see other post).
I love the idea if it works.
Willing to test one :D

#404's Dad
10-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
Only one way to find out... Dyno time AND only pm ME with the results. Woohoo!

I do not have a Battery Box on our bikes anymore so it would prolly not be a very accurate test?

jvlavl
10-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Hello, my name is john and i am new to this forum. though i would chime in about my reverse carb kit install atempt.

I tried to install this kit tonight with little success. my o8 drx90 is basically stock. with the oil jug and starter removed i, the carb will clear everthing including the engine mount bolt. It still shot the carb up kind of high and at a pretty sharp upward angle. i thought i was in the clear until my gas tank wouldnt even come close to going back on? the tank hits the carb and throttle cable and needs to be about 1-1 1/2 inches shallower to be installed. I am not sure if i can get a different tank or if i should scrap the air fliter in the air box idea all together? i am now looking into snorkels. does anyone know if the Hetrick air box $195 kit is a good fit without much drama? Thanks

bulldogfallon
10-08-2009, 01:23 AM
It is a new product that we haven't had the opportunity to install as of yet.

DRR assured us that it would fit as we expressed some hesitation it would fit.

I'll reach out to them tomorrow for some tips and a pic of it installed.

Keep you posted.

You can also contact them directly 330-220-3102....ask for Lou.

He is a real good guy and should be able to guide you through the details you need.

We have been slammed lately so we could use some solid feedback on this product as well...

Coley'sdad#8
10-08-2009, 05:20 AM
send your bike and the intake kit to mythbusters:D

FISH ON!
10-08-2009, 01:29 PM
JVLAVL................ The throttle cable for the APEX GNCC edition might solve your problem. It has a sharp 90 degree turn off the top of the carb. It's still tight to the tank but it works. I'll send you a PIC if it helps.

We used a snorkle (w/ UNI filter) on our DRR and it worked great....especially when you strategically add some Gorilla duct tape. The filter would be almost spotless in the worst of mud but you have to duct tape the splash zone well enough. Jetting is a little trickier and some claim a small power loss though we still pulled holeshots.

Todd Jones

jvlavl
10-08-2009, 02:40 PM
fish on.....Thanks for the input. a pic would be nice. would still like to see the air cleaner in the batt box. Drr told me there set up was with a 18mm carb not a 24mm like the one i have?

FISH ON!
10-08-2009, 03:40 PM
jvlaval.........

I couldn't get a good PIC of the carb. It's to tucked up in there for my camera. Is your carb coming up under the tank? The intake on the APEX has the carb sitting at the back of the tank right below the tank mount. Here's some PICs from an old post.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/ApexAirbox1.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/ApexAirbox2.jpg

jvlavl
10-08-2009, 03:51 PM
i am liking that intake and box set. kind of looks like it actually works. the drr setup doesnt look like it is as well thought out. will that apex stuff work on drr?

jvlavl
10-08-2009, 08:16 PM
drr guys check my new post...i need help

Coley'sdad#8
10-09-2009, 08:05 AM
now that rig will work, thats nice looking stuff!!!!!!!!!
might sacfrifice a little power for the comfort of knowing your bike isnt going to drown out but that is what the game is about, finishing the race.
Are you able to just twist the carb sideways for needle and main jet changes or do you have to takeoff every time????

FISH ON!
10-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Although it is not as easy as the traditional setup, I change the main jet with the carb as is. You can easily loosen the clamps and turn the carb though.

Todd Jones

nordic quad
10-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by jvlavl
fish on.....Thanks for the input. a pic would be nice. would still like to see the air cleaner in the batt box. Drr told me there set up was with a 18mm carb not a 24mm like the one i have?

Maybe the carb looks something like this.

www.speedoptions.no/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=247_265_249_17577_17590_17593&products_id=437

ecmini1
10-09-2009, 10:24 PM
The early version Apex (06-07) had a reverse style intake stock for 2 years they had issues of the fuel loading up at idle because of long neck to the intake of engine.
Plus for you dyno junkies when changed out to the Koso style intake (now stock) horse power was increased just by changing the intake. So a decrease in power is most likely. The new GNCC version is slick with the addition of the air box.

FISH ON!
10-10-2009, 07:44 AM
My understanding is the reverse intake is now stock on all new Apex's ??????

jvlavl
10-10-2009, 10:22 AM
1206 views!!

I would say this intake thing looks like a sensitive subject. Hard to not like the killer looking apex gncc air box on the "fish on" machine.

as a drr owner...I would never bash the competitors product that actually does a great job as its intended purpose.

Does the apex air box and intake set up work on drr's?

How bout a 2010 DRR Fox shock GNCC version for the boys who like lots of mud!

FISH ON!
10-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Here's the kind of mud we always seem to have to run and the box works flawlessly........First PIC from GNCC race a couple weeks ago.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/Yadkinville09-1.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/DSC04660.jpg

jvlavl
10-10-2009, 10:58 AM
ok...now u r just rubbing it in :-)!