PDA

View Full Version : Who's sick?

JRP
09-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Anyone else got the bug? I have had it for about 3 days now, its horrible. Nose stuffed, sore throat, eyes wont open, chest hurts, just feel like crap!

Pappy
09-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Im getting over it. It sucks for sure, that sore throat and the ear pain killed me

JRP
09-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Im getting over it. It sucks for sure, that sore throat and the ear pain killed me

ahhh yeah, i got that too but not to bad, also a bad headache, right in my sinuses. How long did it take ken? did you get any meds or just let it go on its own?

Pappy
09-17-2009, 10:56 AM
First I thought it was just allergies so the ol' Benedryl was used, then I realized it was more then that so the Nyquil came out:p

Easily 10 days or so with the crap.

Kind of normal, kids go back to school and everyone gets sick

QuadJunkies
09-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Thats how mine started out and it SUCKED!! Im going into this crap for just about a month now . The worst is over but still have a cough and plugged nose. I ended up on antibiotics for a plugged Eustation tube all the way to my sinus and down into my lungs. I was told its a flu virus and cold mix of some kind from the Dr.

I think I might get the Pneumoinia shot this fall .

Guy400
09-17-2009, 12:00 PM
My oldest started kindergarten the week before Labor Day and guess what...I was sick Labor Day weekend. That Saturday night and Sunday morning I had a sore throat and had terrible sinus pressure. Used some Nyquil that first night and after that I chopped a whole onion and put it in a pot of water. Bring it up to a boil, take it off the heat and hang your head over it with a towel draped over your head and the pot. Onion has proven anti-viral properties and I was over the cold by about that following Tuesday.

MX MaNiAc 06
09-17-2009, 12:21 PM
My girls sick so I'm probly gonna be sick. Swine flu has hit my college so I have to be very careful there!

buck440
09-17-2009, 01:06 PM
i blow endless snot rockets and it sucks but i kinda like my cloged ears cause it always quieter. going on 6 days

jesseweaver
09-17-2009, 01:12 PM
i've had a sore throat and stuffy nose for the last day or 2 but and i NEVER get sick, but i try not to let it bother me. don't take any medicine that makes it worse. i never take any medicine, its all in your head. when i get sick, i dont think about it and its gone in half a day.

TCracin440ex
09-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by JRP
Anyone else got the bug? I have had it for about 3 days now, its horrible. Nose stuffed, sore throat, eyes wont open, chest hurts, just feel like crap!

its the weather man. i know i am sick too...getting cold at night then warming up in the day is whats doing it ive had a stuffy nose, sore throat and sinuses botherin me for the last few days now. the only thing to do is just let the cold run its coarse...i always get a lil ill this time of year anyways due to weather change

TCracin440ex
09-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Kind of normal, kids go back to school and everyone gets sick

because schools are like sess pools of bacteria and infectious things. they need to do schools like hospitals and put hand sanitizer despensers on like every door way and every hall way lol

white tails
09-17-2009, 02:36 PM
i had a runny nose, then a cough and a stuffy nose, now its almost gone , thankfullly ,deer season is right around the corner

usp4u
09-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
My girls sick so I'm probly gonna be sick. Swine flu has hit my college so I have to be very careful there!
SRU ?
My GF is a teacher at Karns City and said they are putting hand sanitizer in every room and pretty much forcing kids to use it upon entry.

fastredrider44
09-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
i've had a sore throat and stuffy nose for the last day or 2 but and i NEVER get sick, but i try not to let it bother me. don't take any medicine that makes it worse. i never take any medicine, its all in your head. when i get sick, i dont think about it and its gone in half a day.

I believe you are on to something there. lol.:blah:

no1 300ex
09-17-2009, 08:00 PM
I also have the sore throat and the ear pain. Had it for 2 days now. Today I sat in a loud backhoe and riped some soft ledge out of a trench for almost 10 hrs. Did not even stop for lunch. I think I got beat up just as much as the machine.

SRH
09-17-2009, 09:24 PM
i had similar to what papy is describing for about 2 weeks, went away, came back, went away, everyone is sick

powermadd400ex
09-17-2009, 11:43 PM
i was sick over the weekend and the begining of this week. puking, sick stomach, head aches, and a sore throat. i think it was just a sinus infection.

QuadJunkies
09-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06

We just got notes that several kids at my Daughters High School has it too. :ermm:
Usually my kids bring home the crud the first 2 weeks of school, but this time I brought it home .lol :p

TRXman86
09-18-2009, 12:10 AM
I just got over a 24 hour bug. hit me from NOWHERE! At first, i got a killing pain thru my entire stomach, sinus's were draining bad, then all of the sudden at 5am I ran out side only to blow chunks thru my nose... hurt like hell!!! I finally got over it, but now my wife and one of my girls have it. It's a bad one thats for sure! Only thing I advise is NOT EATING anything for a good day. Just drink tons of water. If it's this new bug, it will be gone soon. Some affects are holding on though like the sinus and stomach stuff. Ache's and pains will pass fairly fast...

631kfx400
09-18-2009, 04:15 AM
RIGHT WHEN THIS THREAD WAS POSTED I STARTED FEELING A SORE THROUGHT. GRRRRRRRRRR NOW I HAVE A COLD:grr:

white tails
09-18-2009, 03:03 PM
blow chunks out of your nose?? Sweet

yam450_53
09-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
My oldest started kindergarten the week before Labor Day and guess what...I was sick Labor Day weekend. That Saturday night and Sunday morning I had a sore throat and had terrible sinus pressure. Used some Nyquil that first night and after that I chopped a whole onion and put it in a pot of water. Bring it up to a boil, take it off the heat and hang your head over it with a towel draped over your head and the pot. Onion has proven anti-viral properties and I was over the cold by about that following Tuesday.

Actually tried that about 30 minutes ago, I already feel better and can breathe better.

CBRSLIDER
09-19-2009, 05:47 AM
Been battling it for a week and a half now. Started as sore throat and fever. Then they said you have Bronchitis, without seeing me, and just calling in some antibiotics. Didn't get better after 4 days of antibiotics, headed to the dr. and within a hour had results of the chest x ray. ...... Pneumonia.... Gotta get better soon. Archery starts sooon.

If it hangs on too long get yourself checked, dr. said pneumonia is really hitting hard this year.

Ray