PDA

View Full Version : lrd question

croat1
09-17-2009, 12:17 AM
was looking at an old nacs racing catalog and they had 2 interesting lrd products listed:
1)unlimited rev cdi
2)lrd exhaust stuffers

has anyone ever used either of these two products? does anyone have pics of the exhaust stuffers they can post?

pdxbigfoot
09-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Arlan next week when im at the shop.
I have seen a wiring harness floating around that was totally custom and have heard him say something about a "quiet core"
I will post as soon as i can.

86 Quad R
09-17-2009, 05:52 AM
when i purchased my quad many a moon ago it had an exhaust stuffer in it. went right in the exhaust flang and then the head pipe. to me it kinda tamed the hit a bit. cant coment on the cdi tho.

steve250r
09-17-2009, 06:26 AM
I bought Nate Free's old Open Pro-Am Laeger and it came with the LRD CDI box and custom harness and a 350 PV that won the Open Pro-Am championship and Arlan spent a lot of time making it go fast! It smoked a lot of four strokes that year.

dehner47
09-17-2009, 08:44 AM
i had the same set up that nate frees ran (was a sponsered LRD rider at the time) and yes the pv350 was a beast of a bike. even the standard 265 motor was a 4stroke killer at the time. but again, there wasn't the technoligy or the production 450's at the time. so in todays world, it might of been a close battle.

and as for the cdi, it was basically a race cdi that can be set up/retarted for different power options and rev limits. dont think they really cought on though. not seen many around but the ones that arlen gave to his riders. he might of changed things over the years and made it better then what it was back then. cause what i remember, wasn't much of a gain over stock cdi systems.

rockingkfarms
09-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I never noticed any difference with the exhaust stuffer... This is not to take anything away from Arlan or LRD, these just didn't seem worthwhile.

croat1
10-10-2009, 09:18 PM
pdxbigfoot: did you have a chance to ask arlan about the cdi and exhaust stuffers?
thanks

hondamancbr03
10-11-2009, 10:59 PM
When i purchased my 250R it had an Arlen LRD 350PV with the CDI that you are talking about....Haven't had the chance to compare with stock but Arlen didn't seem to make it sound like it was that mch of an improvement when we talked about it. I still rise with it and have no complaints.

pdxbigfoot
10-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Sorry i kinda spaced this queston out. Im at the shop tomorrow and will ask the man then.

mcboomport
10-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Jason, dont you have that CDI at your house that he is talking about? Or is that something completely different?