PDA

View Full Version : fuel customs intake

Trxracr
09-16-2009, 09:50 PM
im debating getting an fci intake for my 08 before ice season i wanna get around 42-45hp rite now im at 38 with just a pipe and no lid im also planning on getting a rev box. any suggestions on a good one? will these two mods get me up around that 42-45hp? any help would be greatly appreciated i dont wanna spend all that money on somethin if its junk! thanks

quadboy-55
09-19-2009, 04:10 PM
if you want to get easily 45HP then get youre head ported. your head on youre quad is rough from casting, with the proper polishing and reshaping for youre particualt ride style you can gain anywhere from 4-8 HP. but i'd worry more about ridable power than just peak numbers.

for more HP follow this build guide

-P&P
-FCI
-intake cam

there you have it, now you should be anywhere from higher 40's to possibly mid 50's.

adrenalinjunky
10-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Get reliable 49 h.p. with this simple setup. 12.5:1 piston, cam mod, full exhaust, air intake and a rejet. No need for cams or head porting unless you want to get more power than this. If you do your research, cams are hardly worth it on the YFZ's (at least 04-08's) anyway.

250r4life
10-22-2009, 11:09 PM
38 hp for a piped yfz with no lid seems pretty low to me...

my raptor 660 has an all stock engine and it dyno'd at 45... my yfz is pretty similar to yours and i would guess it would dyno more than my raptor...

Ride1Rob
10-23-2009, 06:42 AM
With what you're planning on adding 44-45hp is the area you'll be in hp wise. You'll be happy with the setup. Quad boy's info is something to consider to see tad bit higher #'s as well.

Trxracr
10-27-2009, 09:40 PM
yeah i had it dyno'd at Power Pac in Marshfield but ive read theyre dyno reads low which dont make sense cause its a brand new dynojet

quadboy-55
10-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Trxracr
yeah i had it dyno'd at Power Pac in Marshfield but ive read theyre dyno reads low which dont make sense cause its a brand new dynojet

they prolly have to get the dyno to work right then.

ldjbuff
10-31-2009, 09:49 AM
I have an ESR intake and filter w/outerwear for sale for 60 bucks. If your interested. Great intake way cheaper than an FCI. I do have an FCI now, but I am also putting together a high HP dune motor.

BakerRacing40
10-31-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by adrenalinjunky
Get reliable 49 h.p. with this simple setup. 12.5:1 piston, cam mod, full exhaust, air intake and a rejet. No need for cams or head porting unless you want to get more power than this. If you do your research, cams are hardly worth it on the YFZ's (at least 04-08's) anyway.

x2 same thing with a very very mild port and polish we got 52hp and the curve is very meaty and useable too

mxpimp2000
10-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
With what you're planning on adding 44-45hp is the area you'll be in hp wise. You'll be happy with the setup. Quad boy's info is something to consider to see tad bit higher #'s as well.

i just got me a FCI intake and puttin a 14:1 piston right now i have a 13:1 but since mines a 06 its only a 12.4:1 might wanna remember that when buying a piston if the bike is 06+

my mods are going to be has the *

HMF full exhaust
FCI *
cam mod
14:1 sparks racing JE piston *
UNI trx450r filter for the FCI *
jetted carb

thinkin about a MX port job and 41mm bored carb, wat kinda power should i be looking at?

Ride1Rob
11-01-2009, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
i just got me a FCI intake and puttin a 14:1 piston right now i have a 13:1 but since mines a 06 its only a 12.4:1 might wanna remember that when buying a piston if the bike is 06+

my mods are going to be has the *

HMF full exhaust
FCI *
cam mod
14:1 sparks racing JE piston *
UNI trx450r filter for the FCI *
jetted carb

thinkin about a MX port job and 41mm bored carb, wat kinda power should i be looking at?

HP #'s depend alot on the Port job and setup you have to match the port work. With mods you're saying I'd say mid 52-55's depending on your setup. I don't know if you saw the vid I posted of the 3 YFZ running but my bike is putting out around 52-53hp. I run stock piston, hotrods cams, dyna cdi, esr intake, trinity exhaust, and 93 octane. The white bike is built by WilliamsATV Performance here in Florida and he's running 14:1 piston, 43mm bored carb, dyna cdi, FCI intake, stock cams, and running race fuel (Not pump110). I think it's VP but not sure (He won't tell). If you also notice in the video I'm running 20inch kendas and he's running 18inch Holeshots. He's claiming mid 55's but the video shows otherwise :ermm: .

florentino
11-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
HP #'s depend alot on the Port job and setup you have to match the port work. With mods you're saying I'd say mid 52-55's depending on your setup. I don't know if you saw the vid I posted of the 3 YFZ running but my bike is putting out around 52-53hp. I run stock piston, hotrods cams, dyna cdi, esr intake, trinity exhaust, and 93 octane. The white bike is built by WilliamsATV Performance here in Florida and he's running 14:1 piston, 43mm bored carb, dyna cdi, FCI intake, stock cams, and running race fuel (Not pump110). I think it's VP but not sure (He won't tell). If you also notice in the video I'm running 20inch kendas and he's running 18inch Holeshots. He's claiming mid 55's but the video shows otherwise :ermm: .
the only way to test quads in a drag race is on pavement not dirt. with the same tires on both quads. i am 200lbs i am the king of the holeshot in the dirt vs faster bikes cause i get good tracion. or get on a track side by side you will know ... any one can drag race. lol

Ride1Rob
11-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Even on pavement bikes spin and come off the ground just like they do in dirt. All the way down that stretch I'm pulling him with no problem with 20inch tires and a 15t front sprocket compared to his 14t and 18inch tires. Even if I was to hook up better off the line if he had more raw hp he'd at least gain on me once the bikes started accelerating. Not continue to lose ground. As for the theory about anyone winning a drag race not so true either. The guy on the blue YFZR is 2times the rider of those other guys and you see where he is lol. I actually have a video where he and I let all the rest of those guys go and we start way behind them. In one lap we had worked our way through the pack and passed them all. I'll post that if you'd like me too ;) .

florentino
11-05-2009, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ride1Rob
[B]Even on pavement bikes spin and come off the ground just like they do in dirt. All the way down that stretch I'm pulling him with no problem with 20inch tires and a 15t front sprocket compared to his 14t and 18inch tires. Even if I was to hook up better off the line if he had more raw hp he'd at least gain on me once the bikes started accelerating. Not continue to lose ground. As for