PDA

View Full Version : yz426 vs. crf450

mxracer89
01-12-2003, 04:58 PM
ok guys witch one is better and y?

Foxrage
01-12-2003, 05:06 PM
If i may try to keep the whole form from arguing the only major difference is price! You wil be happy with either one just depends how much you have and what you prefer.

mxracer89
01-12-2003, 05:08 PM
im not trying to get enny fights on here. but if they do start it would be a good thing so you can here what all people have to say about them and what they think is a good thing and whats not

sharpshooter
01-12-2003, 05:21 PM
yamaha has a new 450 out now,which is suppose to be better then the 426
has anyone talked about that motor in a quad yet?
only thing I've heard is the 426 a lot harder to start than the 450 honda

Nausty
01-12-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by mxracer89
ok guys witch one is better and y?

If you do a search you can find some huge threads on this. A couple things: A yzf motor is gonna be way cheaper to get and is just a little weaker than the crf although the yzf is a revver and meant to be raced. The crf motors you are pretty much forced to buy a new crate motor which will be pretty expensive. Also the yzf is kinda hard to start if you don't know what your doing but the crf is all you gotta do is kick it. Also the crf has a compression release so that when you let off the brake you don't have the engine braking which i prefer the engine braking.
If I could get either for the same amt of money I think I would get the crf but most likely your gonna be better off buy a used 426 and swapping the motor in and keep the parts off the yzf like levers, twist throttle, handle bars, ect and then you can part out the rest and you will save a lot of $$$$.