PDA

View Full Version : Where to get exhaust and intake for quad?

rinaldi
09-16-2009, 02:09 PM
I am buying the 450x and want to at least start looking at pipes and intakes. Who makes exhausts for the 450x and where is a good place to buy? Do you recommend a full or just a slip on? And like most quads/bikes, is an intake recommended as well? I want to keep it mostly stock with the warranty. Will this void the warranty with Can Am? Thanks and looking forward to learning about the Can Am.

Blizzard24
09-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Stick with Motoworks for exhausts.

If you get the full system, you will need an FMI or the quad will run lean
If you go with just the slip-on the pink wire mod is all you will need.

I have the full system and this quad has no shortage of power, not sure of the slip-on

Just removing the lid is enough w the bike, you can pick up another 1-1.5 h w an intake but I wouldnt unless you find you need more.

450Rida
09-16-2009, 05:06 PM
the pink wire cut is supposed to void the warranty so either get the computer or jus dont tell the dealer you cut the wire.

rinaldi
09-16-2009, 07:05 PM
I looked at the Motoworks for my 400ex, but ended up with the AC Racing. Anyone have pics with the Motoworks installed? Has anyone tried the Yosh pipe?

grannysleeper
09-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Try this link, there's a couple of pics on the page
http://www.motoworks.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_25_37&products_id=128

xrxmxcx
09-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Best bang for your buck, pick up a Motoworks slip on exhaust and cut the pink wire. Add a Rossier Engineering DS450 Free-air kit and your good to go. We rode with this setup for a while and noticed a good jump from stock power especially on the low end. Started out running it with a FMF module then went back to basic pink wire map.

Step up from there go with a full system and a modified airbox/intake and add the FMF or similair module and dynotune.

craigmacphee
09-17-2009, 01:22 PM
I have the Motoworks complete exhaust system, pink wire cut, k&N air filter, lid off, and race ecu. I have raced it all season and have not been short of horsepower. I am lacking a bit in the top of 2nd and 3rd but I am thinking a gearing change may help that.In the off season, I am considering taking a road trip "somewhere" to get some motor work done. I have a few buddies with their 58-60hp LTR's that need an *** whooping. LOL....all in good fun of course.

rinaldi
09-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx
Best bang for your buck, pick up a Motoworks slip on exhaust and cut the pink wire. Add a Rossier Engineering DS450 Free-air kit and your good to go. We rode with this setup for a while and noticed a good jump from stock power especially on the low end. Started out running it with a FMF module then went back to basic pink wire map.

Step up from there go with a full system and a modified airbox/intake and add the FMF or similair module and dynotune.

Where or who sells the Rossier Engineering kit? I will do a search and read more about cutting the pink wire. I have read many people stating to do that. I think I will go this route for now and try not getting into adding a module and dynotuning. Thanks.

crixal
09-17-2009, 08:14 PM
www.rossiereng.com

PArider
09-18-2009, 02:22 PM
what intake kit seems to work best for everyone? I know theres the pro designs, rossier..idk whats everyone think?

BCS Performance
09-18-2009, 02:57 PM
We have a nice intake kit that increases 2 H.P. and is very reasonably priced at $129.99 Check it out.

BCS PERFORMANCE (http://triton.heritagewebdesign.com/~manc22/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=38&products_id=160&zenid=f2059d15c4b3a9f504df94f6fa9d0028)