PDA

View Full Version : 04 yfz450 virse 01 660raptor

cheeseyeric
09-16-2009, 11:37 AM
can any one tell me the prows and cons of the quads im looking to by a newer one for me to play on where my nephew has some to rid with thanks

ECOR#8
09-16-2009, 01:02 PM
has the tranny in the raptor been upgraded. if it hasnt i'll tell you now to steer clear of it.

cheeseyeric
09-16-2009, 01:57 PM
he told me that the gears ben upgraded to 4 teeth instead of the 3 teeth what do you thank he is talking about ?:confused:

miles Machine
09-16-2009, 07:02 PM
its the engagement dogs they went from 3 to 4 because they were failing

J.Brown121
09-16-2009, 07:27 PM
i've rode both on trails, in the dunes, and on the track, and i would personally go with the yfz b/c the 660 shakes the hell out of you and it feels tippy to me. they're about the same in power/acceleration as far as i can tell, and they're both yamaha so they're quality bikes.

how tall are you by the way?

cheeseyeric
09-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by ridin'MX365
i've rode both on trails, in the dunes, and on the track, and i would personally go with the yfz b/c the 660 shakes the hell out of you and it feels tippy to me. they're about the same in power/acceleration as far as i can tell, and they're both yamaha so they're quality bikes.

how tall are you by the way?

im 6.1 and about 280lb

J.Brown121
09-16-2009, 10:03 PM
for most people as tall as you that i ride with the 660 is more comfortable out of the box but i really like the yfz

Trxracr
09-16-2009, 10:14 PM
it depends on how you ride if you go like theres no tomorow ull love the yfz the i used to have an 02 raptor my dad loved it cuz the shocks and seat are nice and soft for long trailrides but it is a little narrow and tippy im more aggresive so the yfz suits me better its more revvy where the raptor is a torque monster. the ergos are a bit cramped on the yfz i had to lower the pegs put a plus 1 steering stem and cut the fenders to feel comfortable overall there both great machines! o and if the 04 doesnt have the oil mod ull want to have that done

cheeseyeric
09-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Trxracr
it depends on how you ride if you go like theres no tomorow ull love the yfz the i used to have an 02 raptor my dad loved it cuz the shocks and seat are nice and soft for long trailrides but it is a little narrow and tippy im more aggresive so the yfz suits me better its more revvy where the raptor is a torque monster. the ergos are a bit cramped on the yfz i had to lower the pegs put a plus 1 steering stem and cut the fenders to feel comfortable overall there both great machines! o and if the 04 doesnt have the oil mod ull want to have that done

what are you talking about the oil mod and how much is it ?