PDA

View Full Version : Sportsman 330 Carb Q's

86Rrider
09-16-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm hoping you Polaris folks can help me out here;

I have a friend's Spotsman 330 in my shop right now that has been neglected and sat out doors, uncovered for a few years. He wants to get it running again and brought it to me.

I've had it running, but only by shooting carb cleaner straight into the carb. I've drained and cleaned the fuel tank, replace the fuel lines, filter and fuel shut-off valve (it was broke). I removed the carb and cleaned it externally, drained the float bowl and shot carb cleaner in via the bowl drain. Got a lot of non-gas looking stuff out of it.

Now, I have many years of experience with Honda's and some Yamaha's, so I'm very familiar with a Keihin carb, but I've never worked on a Mikuni carb, especially one like this that apears to use a vacuum operated slide and needle, then the throttle cable just moves a butterfly valve. I did not want to disassemble it, fearing that there is some "special" part or prcedure for doing so that I might break.

Can anyone offer me up a direction/link to info on this carb? Or, can anyone offer advice or a procedure on dimantling this carb?

Thanks for any info.

86Rrider
09-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Wow!, 29 views of this question and no one with any answers? Are there not many Polaris owners on this site?

Again, if anyone has any lead on some info for me on this carb I would really appreciate it!

rundrave
09-24-2009, 10:33 AM
go to this site right here and you will get a great diagram

http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

they are not that hard to work on, but just remember how the vacuum part works and that you cant run an open air box you still need a lid on when testing and tuning

86Rrider
09-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks rundrave! That is what I was looking for! I tried a couple of Polaris forums as well as Polaris' site and I could not find the info on the carb. I did not think about the Pure Polaris name to search by......