PDA

View Full Version : Eeewww... Yuk!!!

PhilMoore
01-12-2003, 04:29 PM
So, I am working on my 400 for the last week or so. Everytime I go near it, I smell this HORRIBLE stench. It is nasty. I would go yank a part off and take it to the opposite end of the garage and clean it up or whatever. Finally, when it is time to put it back together, I take a deep breath, run over and put the part on. Run back, take a deep breath, run back, and torque it down.
Finally, today, I come down to the airbox. I pop it open, and I am like just about hurling my lunch into the parts washer. I soaked down a rag with WD-40, and make a bandanna out of it. So now I look like a wild west bandit... It helps a little. I remove the air filter, and discover a "treat".
I don't know if you can imagine what a dead mouse soaked in filter oil smells like, but there were TWO dead mice in my airbox. It is like zero degrees out today, so pressure washer/garden hose is out of the question. I was able to take the airbox to the opposite end of the property, tip it upside down and knock the crap out of it. Unfortunately, they had "melted" into a pile of furry goo that stuck quite firmly to the bottom of the airbox. I went ahead and used the parts washer to get the furry slime out.
Well, I have rendered a 20 gallon parts washer unuseable by trying get the mouse carcass' out of the airbox. WD-40 will mask the scent of dead mouse quite handily, but for some reason, partswasher fluid makes it WORSE. And you can only IMAGINE how a foam air filter will soak up a nasty stench... I rinsed it out as best I could, oiled it down, slapped it back in, tossed in a pinetree air freshener, and whipped the cover back on the air box.
So, if you are following a red 400EX, and it smells strange, it is probably me...

QuadTrix6
01-12-2003, 04:32 PM
:eek: :eek: :huh :huh

ny300exrider
01-12-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
:eek: :eek: :huh :huh that was put well.....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Sportrax10
01-12-2003, 04:40 PM
My stupid sisters hamster died and she could dig a hole because the ground was frozen, so she put it in a zip lock bag with some tissues and then into a box and onto the basement steps. It sat there without me knowing for over a mounth (we keep the quads in the basement so I passed it often). One day I was strapping down my boots and smelled it, guessed what it was and left to ride. The next day i was riding with my friend who has a Blaster and I told him what was in the box because I knew he would open it. He opened it and all hamster fluids were on the lower end of the bag, and the rest at the top.

Sparks425Ex
01-12-2003, 04:42 PM
The same thing happened to my dad, He got mice in his Airbox. He didn't run it for about 6 months and we came to found out there was a nice little village in the air box.

It stanks nice don;t it?

DEAL
01-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Damn guys , and i was eating.:huh

Nausty
01-12-2003, 05:33 PM
lol thanks for the laugh

on the story with stuff in air boxes make sure when you clean it out or working on the quad don't leave a rag in there. Lol I was woundering why my bike hardly had any power.:D

TC17
01-12-2003, 07:13 PM
oh. wow, that must have really stunk. i like the smell of my quad:huh

optikid123
01-12-2003, 07:17 PM
hahahah lmao thats nasty

01-12-2003, 07:19 PM
Yea, they got into my dad's exhaust pipe before

DaveEX7
01-12-2003, 07:21 PM
when they got into the pipe, he shoulda reved it all the way and they woulda flew out lmgdao :devil :D

01-12-2003, 07:30 PM
exactly what happened, a big pop and they flew with soome corn kernel's and looks like rotted newspaper or sumthing

naxbansheekid11
01-12-2003, 07:38 PM
i don`t know how it got in there but on my banshee a mouse go into the lets pipe and when i started it up the mouse shot out and hit my friend right in the nuts it was the funnest thing i ever saw and the the little thing ran away he was probaly sayin ha ha i got u back

01-12-2003, 07:40 PM
lmfao, must of hurt some thats alot of power and speed lmao

jay's 300
01-12-2003, 07:49 PM
OMG! That's the funniest ***** I've heard in a while! LMFAO! :D I'll bet you'll be checking the air box more often! :blah

QuAdRaCeR244
01-12-2003, 09:00 PM
that's sick and yet kinda cool,lol;)