PDA

View Full Version : 250r Rebuild help

CODY_M11
09-16-2009, 08:20 AM
I am looking to rebuild my 89 250r engine and need help. I race hare scrambles and mx. I am thinking about buying a 310 esr kit with trx 7 port job and trx 7 pipe and silencer. I was also thinking of adding a +4mm hot rod stroker. Would this be a good set up? And does anybody else have any other suggestions on set ups? Would it be necessary to have the stroker or a waste of money? Also i was going to get a 38 mm air striker carb. Thanks cody

CODY_M11
09-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Also would it be a good idea to have a power valve 310 or is that unnecessary?

250Renvy
09-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Harescrambles and MX are going to be completely different setups.

However I guess you could get setup somewhere in the middle.

The TRX 7 setup will probably fall flat on top for MX. The +4 stroker would probably not be the best idea for Harescrambles and definitely not the HOT RODS. Your best bet would be to build a solid motor with proper midrange port job and bump up the compression to 210psi +

The 38mm airstryker is a good all around performance carb however many XC racers would run 35 and 36, so the 38 may be a little big for Tight woods, wide open fast harescrambles it would be good.

Something to consider about the ESR vs other 310 kits is that (this is all I've heard not experienced first hand) they generally need to be re-ported.