View Full Version : Elka suspension or AC pro pegs nerf bars????

400exBro
11-21-2001, 04:07 PM
I have a fair bit of money to spend and i want to buy Elka suspension or AC nerf bars and i don't know what to get...
I don't have enough to buy bot unless i win a lottery or sumthing! :D
Or should i get something else?????
I don't plan on boring out the engine unless need to because i don't race pro yet so i am good right now..... :p
so what yall think
lata
400exBro

Tommy 17
11-21-2001, 04:17 PM
wait i am confused aren't shocks like 800 and the nerfs 180. i would buy the nerfs and a cheaper pair of shocks bc nerfs are a must have.

kabd69667
11-21-2001, 04:33 PM
You can get a pair of non adjustable ssd triple rate elkas for 550. How much money you got? (if you don't mind sayin) Then later you can add rezzies for like 200 or somthing later

400exBro
11-21-2001, 06:31 PM
I hope by x-mas i ll at least 700 $ canadian and elkas (cheapest ones are $795 Canadian and and extra 15 for the resovoirs) and the ac nerf pro pegs are 403 canadian.
So i am close to 2000 dollars with taxes and shipping and the whole works so i am kind of on a tight bidgut. But i thin i ll wait till after x-mas and see how much i get. but for now i know i will get the ac s because my dads doesn t want me to spend close to 1000 $ on suspension yet because i don t need( what does he know he hasn t seen me jump before) and i should buy the nerf bars.

Kepp em coming boys and gals
lata
400exBro

Taco
11-21-2001, 06:38 PM
friggin canadians and there money always leave me :confused: :confused:

Poncho
11-21-2001, 08:31 PM
Get the shocks then you will be able to bust big air!!!:D

stocktires
11-21-2001, 08:36 PM
nerfs ar a MUST when jumping! When you break or sprain you ankle really bad you'll seriouslt regret it!

Guy400
11-21-2001, 09:09 PM
Call me crazy but in my 13 years of riding quads I've never had a pair of nerfs on any of them. In fact, until my '92 Quadracer none of them even had heel guards and even then I took them off. I'd much rather have a set of good suspension that can soak up jumps and make the landings easier than have stock suspension and worry about landing so hard my feet want to fly off the pegs. BTW, how do nerfs keep you from spraining your ankle? You sprain ankles by twisting them, whether you have nerfs or not you're still going to sprain it on a hard/bad landing.

stocktires
11-21-2001, 09:14 PM
i sprained my ankle by jumping. I hit a jump maybe a little 25 footer bout 5 feet in the air. When i jumped it i went way in the air and the quad (my old 300ex) didn't go as high as i did (im only 125lbs). So whe ni came down my foot missed the peg, hit the ground and got sucked up by the tire.

Guy400
11-21-2001, 09:23 PM
What I was talking about was whether or not you have nerfs if you land wrong with your feet on the pegs you can twist your ankle. Again, maybe I'm lucky but I've never had a problem with my feet coming off the pegs.

steiner1
11-21-2001, 09:32 PM
i have to go with 400ex21. buy the nerfs and a cheaper pair of shocks for now. later you can always upgrade shocks if you don't like the cheaper ones. if you are not in to racing mx hard and heavy i would think that some works triple rates would do fine. that is just what i think i would do.

Clay
11-22-2001, 01:57 PM
I agree. Somewhat. Buy AC Pro-Pegs. And wait a while and get the Elkas. They are supposed to be great shocks. Youll be glad you got the elka rather than the cheaper shocks. I got works, and i want something with ZPS type sag, so im gonna have to send mine to Legacy and have them converted.

400exBro
11-22-2001, 05:40 PM
Ya i will order them when there is to much snow to ride any more than get them on and hope fully have a summer job after school is out and get some elka's
Thanks Alot for the help
boys and there toys you can't stop them>>>> :D
Lata
400exBro

Also are AC pro peg nerfs hard to mount i herad you have to bend them so they fit????? Is this ture????

stocktires
11-22-2001, 08:07 PM
Yes you will PROBABLY have to bend them. When you weld aluminum it doesnt stay the same shape like steel. My Really dont like my pro-pegs too much but there ok

400exBro
11-23-2001, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
Yes you will PROBABLY have to bend them. When you weld aluminum it doesnt stay the same shape like steel. My Really dont like my pro-pegs too much but there ok

Why don't you like them????
And i don't want to pay for something that doesn t fit , maybe they screwed up a coulpe of times ???

trx400ex
11-23-2001, 03:50 PM
its not a big deal too fit them, if there bent 2 bad they will send you a new pair and a bunch of free stuff...or at least k and k will..........................i dont like my acs too much

stocktires
11-23-2001, 04:24 PM
There not really bad. Like trx400ex said its not a big deal to fit them, Just hold both ends and pull or push, very simple. I dont like mine because the way they fit. Its not the best design