PDA

View Full Version : 2010 WORCS Project Raptor 250 project quad now in progress

QuadJunkies
09-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Since our racing season was off to such a lousy start for 2009 thanks to the wonderful economy, we decided to hit a few WORCS races thats were not so far to drive to and start concentrating for the upcoming 2010 racing season.
We just sold Brandons DRR90 a few weeks ago and are just getting started on the build.Im glad we have todays minis but you have no idea how glad we are to be out of the minis! haha!
We are very excited about this build, I think this one is going to be alot of fun and I cant wait to see it done !
We got several companies on board to participate in this build and will have an article to follow . There will be some never seen goodies on the project quad -Ill post up photos as things move along.
Right now the frame is in Cali. being modified and reinforced. Seems the stock frame isnt holding up for alot of the racers, so we wanted to give it some TLC for all the abuse it will get. :p lol
then its off to get powdercoated while its down there...
R&D is being done right now on the suspension ,this is what Im excited about the most!!
No pics as of yet, but Ill post up as things move forward so stop by and check out the updates ! :)

QuadJunkies
10-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Parts have started arriving this week and while I dont have a chassis just yet , Ill still throw up a few photos of some of the goodies that will be going on the quad and why we chose them.

IRISH-RACER-14
10-03-2009, 09:09 AM
this will be great, one question?why didnt u go with a lonestar frame?or leager?which ever brand makes aftermarket frames

QuadJunkies
10-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by IRISH-RACER-14
one question?why didnt u go with a lonestar frame?or leager?which ever brand makes aftermarket frames

The challenge.. :D ;)
This frame has been such a nightmare for so many and we wanted to try and remedy a few areas,this will not fully fix the chasiss issue but should help considerably over the way it is now being reinforced-not to say that it will be bullet proof, but portions of the frame that have been troublesome are being addressed.
If it falls threw, we will be getting the frame as well.:p lol

QuadJunkies
10-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Well heres a few pics . Again, nothings installed but gives you an idea.

Plastic-
Isnt this puuurdy??!!!!!!! :cool:
I have been drooling at Maiers White Carbon fiber Plastic for a few months now- this was a must have!
Were setting off the colors to black and anodized red .

QuadJunkies
10-03-2009, 11:44 AM

QuadJunkies
10-03-2009, 11:52 AM
As I was drolling over the plastic, Troy was talking to the guys at Douglas wheels to get a tire and wheel package. :p

Douglas wheel has been such a smash hit for us over the years that it was a no brainer to chose them as not only our wheel package, but to give a try at there tire line up as well!!!
We will be using MX and XC versions of the tires.

QuadJunkies
10-03-2009, 11:55 AM
We have a few different tire combos we are going to give a shot.We have a new XC tire that will be arriving in the upcoming weeks as well that has never been ran in the U.S. and we are going to give a rigorous beating in the Desert this fall. They are having some rubber compounds changed before they become avail.
Ill be sure to give some details on how the tire performed in the near future.

QuadJunkies
10-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Rings will be sent off to get powder coated white at some point but not right away, this way people can see how the product is sold .We wont be doing this until after the articles done.

QuadJunkies
10-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Motoworks plays a large roll in the Industry and we believe in supporting those who support our series.
We have been pleased with Motoworks pipe on Kelseys Suzuki 450 and are excited to see how the full system performs once its Dyno tuned with a built motor.

QuadJunkies
10-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Last photo for now..
What build isnt complete w/o a Quadtech seat! :D

We debated on the hump seat, but Brandon tends to ride the rear portion of the seat alot, so we decided to keep it simple.

IRISH-RACER-14
10-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We have a few different tire combos we are going to give a shot.We have a new XC tire that will be arriving in the upcoming weeks as well that has never been ran in the U.S. and we are going to give a rigorous beating in the Desert this fall. They are having some rubber compounds changed before they become avail.
Ill be sure to give some details on how the tire performed in the near future.

in ireland that tyre is used alot, they are made in the uk. that company also makes nerf bars,bumpers and other parts, heres the nerfs they make that come for the 250 raptor also,

i personally like those tyres on my blaster and will buy them again

matt14c
10-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Seeing a better pic of those fenders is making me regret going the cheap route and just getting silver I was looking at those carbon fiber myself. :ermm:

extremeblastr
10-03-2009, 05:35 PM
those fenders are gonna look AMAZING.

wvspeedfreak
10-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Glad to see you getting started on this build Tina.Can't wait to see it come together!

QuadJunkies
10-03-2009, 07:41 PM
in ireland that tyre is used alot, they are made in the uk. that company also makes nerf bars,bumpers and other parts, heres the nerfs they make that come for the 250 raptor also,

i personally like those tyres on my blaster and will buy them again

Which ones were you referring to?

I think the combos we currently have are going to have excellent hook up but still not sure on how they will gold up in the Desert .They def. are a much softer tire. For MX they should be sweet!

Ive heard that these have had really good results In Europe.

BlaineKaiser450
10-03-2009, 09:39 PM
one of my friends got those fenders on his yfzr and they look better in person than in the pictures. and they look awesome in the pics!

QuadJunkies
10-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
one of my friends got those fenders on his yfzr and they look better in person than in the pictures. and they look awesome in the pics!

They do look nicer in person for sure. Better than a dark garage and camera flash. :p

The hardest part will be seeing it get muddy for the first time! LOL

IRISH-RACER-14
10-04-2009, 10:44 AM

I think the combos we currently have are going to have excellent hook up but still not sure on how they will gold up in the Desert .They def. are a much softer tire. For MX they should be sweet!

the goldspeed tyres, there great

ikas
10-04-2009, 12:09 PM

Almost everyone in the European championships run those tires ! Many of the tires Maxxis makes are copies of Goldspeed !

IRISH-RACER-14
10-04-2009, 01:36 PM
yes there is a connection between the 2 companys, its very hard to get maxxis here in ireland and goldspeed make some of the exact same tires.

madskrillz2
10-04-2009, 02:25 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOO! I was hoping I would be the first to post pics of somebody using white carbon fiber. :( Oh well. Mine will still look a little different.

QuadJunkies
10-15-2009, 03:34 PM
A couple things arrived today...
We have been wanting to try out these bars for awhile now .
Thanks Tom for getting those out so quickly! :)

QuadJunkies
10-15-2009, 03:35 PM
We should have new sprockets,chain nerf bars and steering stabilizer any day now .

QuadJunkies
10-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
NOOOOOOOOOOO! I was hoping I would be the first to post pics of somebody using white carbon fiber. :( Oh well. Mine will still look a little different.
lol sorry about that . Did u get yours yet?

madskrillz2
10-15-2009, 04:40 PM
lol sorry about that . Did u get yours yet?

Nah. I've been procrastinating way too much lately. I think it's all left over summer laziness. I finally shipped my motor and stuff out so maybe I'll be back in the swing of things soon.

One_Bad_400
10-15-2009, 06:23 PM
whats the difference in those bars and the flexx bars?

QuadJunkies
10-15-2009, 08:00 PM
This is what Ive been anxious to see.... :D
Ed at Teixeira Tech sent me a photo of what the frame mods look like so far.
Ed-it looks SUPER!! :eek2:

We are pleased to be working with Teixeira Tech and are very excited to show off the goodies he is building for the WORCS project quad.Teixeira already has a sweet suspension line up for the 450's.
He has some trick stuff lined up for the Raptor 250 including gusset and frame modifications to allow racers to run the stock frame.
Brandon WILL put it to the test !

:macho

Theres quite abit more come.... :devil:

http://www.pbase.com/image/118332865/original.jpg

wvspeedfreak
10-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Looks like they went over the frame pretty good ;)

spanky101
10-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Looks like a great start and I can't wait to see the suspension part!!

QuadJunkies
10-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks
Heres a few more ...:D

Im diggin the steering stem support !

QuadJunkies
10-18-2009, 08:23 PM
>

QuadJunkies
10-18-2009, 08:24 PM
D

QuadJunkies
10-18-2009, 08:25 PM
:)

boonacka
10-26-2009, 02:27 PM
any updates on this build?

QuadJunkies
10-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by boonacka
any updates on this build?

Not much yet... We have recieved the chain,sprockets,brake rotar,block off plate... nerfs are at the powdercoaters and the stabilizer is about ready, just waiting on a few last minute modifications.
The suspension -guy was at the GNCC this past weekend but things should be wrapping up soon.

Pappy
10-27-2009, 12:20 AM
Start saving for the LSR chassis....

QuadJunkies
10-27-2009, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Start saving for the LSR chassis....

We will if the frame doesnt hold up,but we wanted to give it a shot first.

Pappy
10-27-2009, 01:02 AM
No doubt....i've been telling parents to either save for the LSR or teach the rider to not hit trees...or cartwheel down a jump or hill:p

F-16Guy
10-27-2009, 06:53 AM
Is that frame stripped? I think it might look cool to have a bare frame with all of the discolored welded areas clear-coated, kind of like one of the old Pro Circuit 2-stroke Works pipes. Something different, I guess.

QuadJunkies
10-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Is that frame stripped? I think it might look cool to have a bare frame with all of the discolored welded areas clear-coated, kind of like one of the old Pro Circuit 2-stroke Works pipes. Something different, I guess.
you know.. that would be kind of a cool look actually! Im not sure on the frame, I havent even seen it since we bought it . lol :p

The reason we are welding this frame is to try and improve the stock frame since there is so many that who cannot run an aftermarket frame or is trying to avoid the expense. I have heard by a few that the frame is worse than the minis :uhoh: if thats the case, it could get interesting. Brandons mini had more gussets than frame . LOL Eventually it did hold though! :p
Luckily for the 2010 season we only have 1 round of trees .The one round that we were at we did see a frame fold-part of the reason we are trying to give it some reinforcement .
No one will know unless someone tries to come up with a fix.

madskrillz2
10-27-2009, 10:35 AM
you know.. that would be kind of a cool look actually! Im not sure on the frame, I havent even seen it since we bought it . lol :p

The reason we are welding this frame is to try and improve the stock frame since there is so many that who cannot run an aftermarket frame or is trying to avoid the expense. I have heard by a few that the frame is worse than the minis :uhoh: if thats the case, it could get interesting. Brandons mini had more gussets than frame . LOL Eventually it did hold though! :p
Luckily for the 2010 season we only have 1 round of trees .The one round that we were at we did see a frame fold-part of the reason we are trying to give it some reinforcement .
No one will know unless someone tries to come up with a fix.

I didn't realize the frames were such a big problem on the things. Sounds like they're worse than the z400's. If that's the case, I wish you the best of luck haha. Before I got rid of my Z, I had broken the frame in 6 or 7 different places.

wvspeedfreak
10-27-2009, 10:43 AM
I just switched out our Raptor 250 frame with a LSR frame and I tell you what...the stock raptor frame feels lighter than our old DRR frame.

QuadJunkies
10-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I just switched out our Raptor 250 frame with a LSR frame and I tell you what...the stock raptor frame feels lighter than our old DRR frame.
Maybe they should consider adding a little weight to the frame and work some bugs out . There is an obvious trend there.

Dont suppose Yamaha knows anything about it? :o

QuadJunkies
10-27-2009, 10:51 AM
I didn't realize the frames were such a big problem on the things. Sounds like they're worse than the z400's. If that's the case, I wish you the best of luck haha. Before I got rid of my Z, I had broken the frame in 6 or 7 different places.

Trust me .... you should FEEL BLESSED....

haha! :p

The 250 is a great quad though and will be and is already becoming a huge success for the "in between" youth riders.

One_Bad_400
10-27-2009, 11:34 AM

i know what you mean. i broke mine in hafe and didnt even know it. the engine was holding my bike together!!!! it was pretty much broke where ever there was a weld

madskrillz2
10-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
i know what you mean. i broke mine in hafe and didnt even know it. the engine was holding my bike together!!!! it was pretty much broke where ever there was a weld

Haha yeah. I think I had the weirdest break of all time though. I broke the tube on the sub frame that the pipe connects to, completely off. I didn't notice it until I got home and saw a random tube hanging down.

QuadJunkies
11-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Not alot to report just yet... A Arms are being worked on this weekend, those shoud be done soon.. Also got a few pipes to use for testing on the dyno and also on sound... nerfs I think shipped out on Friday so we should have them in a couple days.
Heres a few things we got last week.

IRISH-RACER-14
11-20-2009, 10:49 AM
did u finish it

QuadJunkies
11-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Not alot to update just yet.. still waiting on primarily the main supension to get done and the nerfs are still MIA. I think they should be here in a few days, but a few of more things did show up this week.
Rath Bumper and Grab bar.

QuadJunkies
11-20-2009, 11:17 AM
New to the ATV sport, Pro Moto Billet/Fastway are getting there feet wet in the Atv's. Alot of you might already be familiart with Pro Moto Billet as they are well known to the dirt bikes.
Pro Moto has taken over the Elka Damper Systems and had mentioned possibly getting into some bling in the near future.
I have worked at the Pro Moto shop for a few days and seen how the whole factory works-pretty impressive! These guys are awesome and are spending alot of time trying to educate themselves on our sport. You will see some Pros running this product in 2010.
They put alot of work into the bling factor ! :cool:

IRISH-RACER-14
11-21-2009, 07:40 AM
is that a steering stabiliser? it looks very odd lol

QuadJunkies
11-21-2009, 10:03 AM
is that a steering stabiliser? it looks very odd lol

lol It will make more sense when you see it installed. ;)
I just didnt show all the hardware.

dehner47
11-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy

i'm with you. i think it looks bad@$$. alot of old school 250r's were built with raw frames. some say they did it cause they'd hack up the frame every damn weekend and didn't feel like ruining the paint job.(these were the days before powder took off). some said it was to show off there hack jobs. i just think it looked cool. makes the bike look like a "works" bike.

oh, and i be alot of these young bucks wont even know what "works bike" is. :devil: :D :blah:

spanky101
11-21-2009, 02:20 PM
That is a veryyyyy nice lookin stabilizer! Hopefully they have the same luck they have had in the dirtbike sector of this sport. I have always liked their products and they do a good job at making them look good too!

IRISH-RACER-14
11-22-2009, 01:12 PM
u will not believe how sick this is. its in the quad of the month section. look it up

spanky101
11-22-2009, 01:25 PM
If your refering to the raptor 250 in the qotm that is not this quad. Its is a complete lsr framed bike. Not the stock reinforced frame

IRISH-RACER-14
11-22-2009, 01:28 PM
oh ya dam. my mistake sorry. ya i was wondering cause i never saw any carbon fibre plastics

QuadJunkies
11-22-2009, 01:37 PM
u will not believe how sick this is. its in the quad of the month section. look it up

Thats wvspeedfreak's (his Son Austin rides it) 250 and let me tell ya..that boy can ride! :blah: :macho
Very sweet quad for sure!

Ours will look quite abit different than that . Our suspension is still not done yet. Its all at the powdercoaters right now.

IRISH-RACER-14
11-22-2009, 01:42 PM
and there was me all excited... are the 250 raptors better then a 300ex?

QuadJunkies
11-22-2009, 01:45 PM
and there was me all excited... are the 250 raptors better then a 300ex?
Better? Thats all in preference. Each has its own good qualities.
But the 250 is where the older youth is headed in the racing due to its weight and size.

wvspeedfreak
11-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Thats wvspeedfreak's (his Son Austin rides it) 250 and let me tell ya..that boy can ride! :blah: :macho
Very sweet quad for sure!

Ours will look quite abit different than that . Our suspension is still not done yet. Its all at the powdercoaters right now.

Thanks Tina.I busted my tail to get that quad together in just a couple days lol.I can't wait to see Brandon's complete!

GOODMAN411
11-24-2009, 07:38 PM
cant wait to see this thing done!!

QuadJunkies
11-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Me too ! My sons way overdue for some seat time ! Lol nerfs came today !

IRISH-RACER-14
11-25-2009, 09:18 AM
pics of nerfs?lol

QuadJunkies
11-25-2009, 09:44 AM
pics of nerfs?lol
We still need to put the nets on them. :p ;)

cmaxx
11-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Sick build man i cant wait to see it finished!

wvspeedfreak
11-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by cmaxx
Sick build Woman i cant wait to see it finished!

fixed it for ya

QuadJunkies
11-26-2009, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
fixed it for ya

lol thanks Jason :p ;)

QuadJunkies
12-04-2009, 12:20 AM
Ill have better photos soon... I think some of the essembly starts next week. :devil:

QuadJunkies
12-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Stem

QuadJunkies
12-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Things are starting to come together ... :devil:

QuadJunkies
12-08-2009, 12:09 AM
:blah:

Tommy Warren
12-08-2009, 01:01 AM
looking great....I can\t wait to see how this turns out:eek2:

QuadJunkies
12-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Just got word that it will go to Fox in two weeks.
Fox is testing back East this next week for some GNCC stuff so we will have a little delay on any shock pics .
After its done at Fox, it will be shipped back home to fully essemble.

Looks like Brandon will have about 1 week to test and tune before the WORCS season opener :huh

Sounds like what we did on Kelsey Hybrid build! lol :p

QuadJunkies
12-08-2009, 12:30 PM
We will be needing longer brakelines...

QuadJunkies
01-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Well this project ended up taking alot longer than we had guessed.. but we finally got the quad home and started essembling this weekend. Shocks are the big item we are still waiting on and now due to holidays not too sure when the shocks will be arriving. I hopefully will know more tomorrow.
In the meantime, this is what has been essembled so far.

Teixeira Tech's Sprocket guard

QuadJunkies
01-03-2010, 11:48 AM
I can tell you that a friend of ours bolted on his KTM sx LT Fox shocks and they fit purrfectly... :devil:

QuadJunkies
01-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Evrything mounted up pretty good aside of the bars are just a tad bit too long so we might make a slight adj. on them.

QuadJunkies
01-03-2010, 11:53 AM
The frame really matched up well with all the other Red Anodized parts.

QuadJunkies
01-03-2010, 11:54 AM
:cool:

QuadJunkies
01-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Another shot of the cover

QuadJunkies
01-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Wheels and tires

QuadJunkies
01-03-2010, 11:57 AM

QuadJunkies
01-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Rath Racing bumper. Nerfs are going on next .

QuadJunkies
01-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Rath Racing Grab bar

QuadJunkies
01-08-2010, 11:32 AM
The fun has just arrived... :devil:

LTRracer4
01-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Okay put them on. Come on im jonsen!

XCRacer236
01-09-2010, 12:36 PM
i like the white/black theme on them. at IRONMAN this year Borich had it as well and i thought it looked SICK compared to the Fox symbol with color!

QuadJunkies
01-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah I really like the look of the new shocks . we will have them on today. What I was really surprised about was the shock length . They are long than my Daughters LTR450. Jb fox are :eek2:

QuadJunkies
01-10-2010, 01:23 PM
This is just a quck shot of the front end.. nothing is set up yet, so no wise guys comment on how it looks yet :blah: lol

This is what we hoped for... GROUND CLEARANCE! :D

QuadJunkies
01-10-2010, 01:26 PM
The rear is set abit wide as we had planned to do extensive dyno testing today. This will allow it to fit better, but we ran into a loose motor mount so dyno may have to be postposed for the day.
Were a little over one week away from the season opener and still waiting on 3 items.

Hope they make it in time . :eek2: :scary:

QuadJunkies
01-10-2010, 01:27 PM
last for now..
not sure Im liking where the rear res. goes but thats where it has to .

One_Bad_400
01-10-2010, 01:34 PM
wow. that is one sick Raptor 250..... with my 450r was that clean. very nice build!!! :eek:

extremeblastr
01-10-2010, 01:56 PM
not a fan of that mounting location either having it so close to all that heat kinda negates the purpose of the reservoir but all in all great looking quad hope my build comes out that clean.

eastside 400
01-10-2010, 05:07 PM
just a suggestion for the rezzy, you might wanna try to take the line and loop it and just put the rezzy on the back of the subframe like the back rail by the grab bar. ive done it with my hondas that had the long rezzy lines, i hate my rezzy running all the way up front

QuadJunkies
01-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by eastside 400
just a suggestion for the rezzy, you might wanna try to take the line and loop it and just put the rezzy on the back of the subframe like the back rail by the grab bar. ive done it with my hondas that had the long rezzy lines, i hate my rezzy running all the way up front

Its not long enough.We didnt think it was long enough ... but we were able to move it to the rear-BARELY-and its TIGHT FIT. Ill get a photo and post it.

But on an air cooled motor, having it on the back seemed alot more well-suited. We ended up puting it under left rear fender mount

Heres a shot of the ProMoto/Fastway Elka system.

QuadJunkies
01-10-2010, 06:39 PM

QuadJunkies
01-10-2010, 06:50 PM
We moved it here ...

eastside 400
01-10-2010, 09:07 PM
im surprised fox didnt make a clamp system for it like all the other quads, the first system they had was horrible which just had the bracket with hose clamps holding it on, the new one has straps that you slide the rez into and tighten the bolt down to hold it, your setup looks like it will be fine though.

martnmx288
01-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Awesome build! I am very excited to start a Raptor 250 build of my own! What length are those shocks? Thats crazy!

GOODMAN411
01-12-2010, 04:55 PM
this things soooooooooo sick

Andyman17dad
01-12-2010, 05:42 PM
LOOKS AWESOME!! Can''t wait to see more pics!!

QuadJunkies
01-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by martnmx288
Awesome build! I am very excited to start a Raptor 250 build of my own! What length are those shocks? Thats crazy! 19 inches long ... :eek:

Quad18star
01-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Looks like it's comming together well . Awesome little bike.

backwoodsracer
01-13-2010, 06:34 PM
i think i just came a littlle.... :chinese:

QuadJunkies
01-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Starting to sweat a little... Can't get those brakes to bleed for nuthin and the killswitch to work ..yikes ! Only 3 days until we head to desert to test and tune .

250r rider 88
01-13-2010, 06:56 PM
tighten up the lines, fill the reservoir, and seal it, pump it 10-15 times and then keep the level held in and wire tie it to the handlebars, come back the next day and they should be bled, great tip i found from someone on here

QuadJunkies
01-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Ill ask the guys of they have tried that yet - thanks !

250r rider 88
01-13-2010, 07:05 PM
no problem, that or, run down to your local auto parts store, they should have a brake bleeder kit, that suctions the air out through the bleeder valves, and doesn't leave your hands smelling like brake fluid, or getting it all over the floor as it has a nice catch can, usually 10-20 bucks, a solid investment

quadracer707
01-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
tighten up the lines, fill the reservoir, and seal it, pump it 10-15 times and then keep the level held in and wire tie it to the handlebars, come back the next day and they should be bled, great tip i found from someone on here

Exactly, works great, key FILL RESERVOIR!!!!!!!!!

Ken

250r rider 88
01-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by quadracer707
Exactly, works great, key FILL RESERVOIR!!!!!!!!!

Ken

yup, this is option A if you have time

if you are in a rush use the bleeder tool i was talking about, and if neither of those get them bled somethings not right in the brake system itself

QuadJunkies
01-13-2010, 07:27 PM
I think they tried thatcwith no luck already .

250r rider 88
01-13-2010, 07:37 PM
was the master cylinder taken apart and rebuilt or anything like that?

when i rebuilt my 250R from the frame up i had the master cylinder powdercoated and it was reassembled wrong and it never would bleed till i figured it out, hopefully thats not your issue

QuadJunkies
01-16-2010, 01:27 AM
HOLY BATMAN.. I cant believe it- WERE DONE!!! :blah: :D
The brakes and killswitch was the biggest PITA. We had to take it down to local Yamaha dealer to lend us a hand for a few hours. The boyz at the shop pretty much left there customers and came out to check out the new build. TOO FUNNY!! LOL :p
Just need to throw on some graphics and waiting on a tire shipment,then were off to the desert on Sunday !

Brandon is totally stoked to ride it! ...but nervous a little about the new found power. He hasnt rode much since summer and hes afraid he might flip it and break the new plastic. :o :blah:
The lil ripper def. has some good power !
We will be meeting up with Fox GURU Rick Strickland next weekend at the WORCS Seaon Opener to dial in the new suspension for the Season Opener. Looking forward to meeting him a maybe learning a thing or two on the new shocks. :)

What Im NOT looking forward to is the Season Opener is expected to have very bad weather ALL WEEK LONG and weekend of the race. Everyone pray its not a repeat of 2008 or we will be packing up and coming home.This isnt supposed to happen in Arizona dang it!! :( I was looking forward to getting a sunburn! lol

Ill be getting some photos but Ill save most for the full build article coming up soon . Ill be sure to post

Thanks for checking out the WORCS 250 build !

Tommy Warren
01-16-2010, 11:43 PM
your just gonna leave us hangin????where's the pics?:blah:

QuadJunkies
01-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Ill take some shots tomorrow of it completed .lol

xc44
01-17-2010, 04:52 AM
nice build and good luck

QuadJunkies
01-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Today was a cooold and windy day. What I needed was some blue sunny skies! :rolleyes:
Got a few pics but junked most of them.
Today was getting used to the quad. I think the only thing we ran into was he kept catching his foot in the netting and his boots are new and stiff,so shifting was abit tough at times. We might have to work on adjusting the shifter abit .
Suspension- worked like a charm.... :devil:

Heres a couple photos from today, Ill have more soon.

BIG thanks to atvriders member and freind driver311 who came and helped us out when we started to run out of time. :)
Also a HUGE thanks to all those who participated in the build and producing "THE COOLEST" WORCS 250 . :cool:
MORE TO COME!
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/121181207.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/121181387.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/121181388.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/121181208.jpg

nastyrider17
01-17-2010, 09:00 PM
That is sooooooooooooooooo sick!!!

BakerRacing40
01-17-2010, 09:13 PM
looks awesome! what kind of numbers did the 250 make on the dyno?

QuadJunkies
01-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
looks awesome! what kind of numbers did the 250 make on the dyno?

We ended up having to postpone until we get back from the track. There was just too much to get done and nothing was going right last week. lol :scary: :p

Ill be posting some dynos on a few pipes ,most likely this spring .Id like to gather at least 3-4 more ranging from low,mid and top end pipes.
Were also researching a new carb. Might have one that will shock a few peeps if all goes well.. :D

grillbutt
02-09-2010, 01:58 AM
Very nice bike mate !! very jealous.

just out of interest, you have those a-arms so they have more clearance, are you doing MX or CC ?? would they be ok for mx or would it sit a little high , they look very well biult !!

QuadJunkies
02-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by grillbutt
Very nice bike mate !! very jealous.

just out of interest, you have those a-arms so they have more clearance, are you doing MX or CC ?? would they be ok for mx or would it sit a little high , they look very well biult !!

They will work with all applications. :)

mitch250r
12-09-2010, 08:32 PM
that looks soooo sweeet, nice job.
I like your frame reinforcments - over here in australia we can't run an aftermarket frame unless in the pro 450 class:ermm: i might look at those reinforcments for my bike

QuadJunkies
12-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by mitch250r
that looks soooo sweeet, nice job.
I like your frame reinforcments - over here in australia we can't run an aftermarket frame unless in the pro 450 class:ermm: i might look at those reinforcments for my bike

Eds got some grreat products . He did a great job on the reinforcements.
We done well until a 450 hit my boy head on in 4th gear .:eek:
Had to start over with a new frame . Even Eds welds couldnt hold up to that hit . LOL :p

That plactic took some MAJOR beatings ! IT survived alot. Anyone who wonders if that Carbon plastic is worth the money,theres your answer.
Heres shots of it in action this past season . He sucked in dirt this summer so were awaintg a rebuild this winter .
The suspension is soooo sick ...

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/123521351.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/123997726.jpg

QuadJunkies
12-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Rick was such a huge help to dialing in the Suspension. Cant thanks him enough all season for his help :)

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/122005659.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/122517110.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/128975323.jpg

madsmokey12
12-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Eds got some grreat products . He did a great job on the reinforcements.
We done well until a 450 hit my boy head on in 4th gear .:eek:
Had to start over with a new frame . Even Eds welds couldnt hold up to that hit . LOL :p

That sucks man i hope everything is ok

QuadJunkies
12-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by madsmokey12
That sucks man i hope everything is ok

Heres the photos of the frame .:(
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/128975323.jpg

It could have been so much worse , and I thank God all the time for sparing my Son. It was quite amazing that he didnt get hurt worse than he did .He was beat up, but his heart was what hurt the most as it killed his points for the wk end .
A few good poeple offered to get it up and running fort he next round in Cali .that was only 12 days from then .Very blessed indeed.
One of those accidents that could have been prevented .

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/124974353.jpg