PDA

View Full Version : question to all camed riders

ballstothewall
09-15-2009, 02:11 PM
i installed my stage II hot cam last week and its running insanely strong right now but on the other hand..the valves are tapping twice as hard/loud as before and im aware of why..i dont wanna leave them tapping this hard and end up with a bent valve or a blown motor..everything was adjusted at top dead and we re-adjusted the clearance twice..now my questions

1.did any of your guys 400s do the same after install?
2.will it hurt to leave it as it sits?
3.will aftermarket valve springs fix this

-jeff

NacsMXer
09-15-2009, 03:53 PM
It's quite normal for the Hot Cams to tick a bit louder than stock ;)

quadrider00
09-15-2009, 04:32 PM
a loose valve is better than a tight one so as long as you set them to spec there gonna tick some and its fine. just make sure you check the clearance regularly

mmbintn
09-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Mine ticks alot louder than it did when stock. You will learn to ignore it.

Duf6
09-15-2009, 05:19 PM
mine ticks louder than id like too but i keep checking everything and it all checks out good

killer400ex
09-16-2009, 03:26 PM
i wouldnt worrie about it, if it was bad for it to be ticking that loud then hotcams would do something about it, and think about all the hours of reaserch hotcams put in to their equipment, they wouldnt go that far to make a good product and then destroy it with something like that

rob_990
09-16-2009, 06:26 PM
it might be your timing chain.but hot cams do tick louder than stock and stiffer valve springs aren't required but there good to have if u install an aftermarket cam just for extra reliability.