PDA

View Full Version : Polaris 525 S

obzzz
09-15-2009, 09:39 AM
How do these compare to a IRS?

They have one for 4000.00 brand new at a local dealer that I am looking at.

wannaride4
09-15-2009, 12:41 PM
The s model is a blast to ride, but if you ride where it is rough and you like a smoother ride then I think you would like the IRS. They both are super fun, just depends on where and how you ride, and also what do your buddy's ride. What yr is the one your looking at? I am guessing 08, if it is I think its a great price. My dealers are still in the 5000.00 range.

obzzz
09-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by wannaride4
The s model is a blast to ride, but if you ride where it is rough and you like a smoother ride then I think you would like the IRS. They both are super fun, just depends on where and how you ride, and also what do your buddy's ride. What yr is the one your looking at? I am guessing 08, if it is I think its a great price. My dealers are still in the 5000.00 range.

My friends have raptors, YFZ 450's, and a Kawi 700.

I like the Polaris just because I think the parts that are put into are made better.

My main concern is how many aftermarket parts are there for them. I was told that there are very limited parts.

wannaride4
09-18-2009, 04:27 PM
From what I have seen there are way more after market parts availible for the YFZ's and raptors, but the ride is so much better on the outlaw IRS and so far my 525 IRS is faster then the 700 raptors that I ride with. I have rode mine for 2 seasons now and only change one inner CV boot and that was my fault. I was at the dunes at St. Anthony and was riding the very top of the ridge line, you know running the top with one side over the top, which tore to boot. I think the 525's are way tough to beat.