PDA

View Full Version : carburetor/bowl?

DAGSTER
09-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Hey guys, me again. Well? Like I said before, I just purchased the Z400. I rode it a while and it has plenty of power. Well? We went to Carolina Adventure World over the weekend, and the bike did fine for a while. But after a few hours the bike cut off. It would not start back up. Well, after a few minutes it started up and ran like a bat out of hell, then again about a few minutes later it cut off. Would not start back up, then after a few minutes and a few head scratches it started up and ran fine again. Anyone have a problem with the bowl? We made some adjustments, tried tapping it, same thing. What is your opinion on this? Thanks for any help.

cataway
09-15-2009, 05:17 AM
i did have problems with the gas cap not venting ,did the same thing your talking about .

airmobile101
09-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Two things come to mind. One being what Cataway said, the other being the connector thats located near the front of the fuel tank. Its a green connector with a red and orange wires. Two wires total. If it came loose, It will die on yea. Try starting the quad and start tugging on the wire harness. Just a though.