PDA

View Full Version : Gncc

musky
09-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Doe anyone know what PitsterPro That the Early & Coen Boys are running in the Gncc? I had heard that they running the 125cc but dont know for sure. Their overall finishes arent the best if they are running the 150cc.

mcatvme
09-15-2009, 02:02 AM
Early no longer runs them....Stoped after 8 races....

musky
09-15-2009, 05:45 AM
What problems was he having with the quad? Do you know if he was running the 150 or the 125?

Pitster
09-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Early was running a pre-production model and had a few swingarm issues, since this time the swingarm has been strengthened for production.

Thanks guys.

musky
09-15-2009, 09:42 AM
What I am still tring to figure out is that model fxr the two of them are or were running. If they were running the 125 & finishing behind 90cc 2strokes & trx 125s thats not terriable but if they were running the 150 & finishing that low in the overall that not to good.

Ride1Rob
09-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Based on a couple of the results that I saw the Pitster bikes won outright but they do a time adjustment for the size differences or something to that nature don't they? In that race those 2 Pitsters were well out in front but didn't get the overall for time adjustment I think. Not sure though :ermm: .

Pitster
09-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by musky
What I am still tring to figure out is that model fxr the two of them are or were running. If they were running the 125 & finishing behind 90cc 2strokes & trx 125s thats not terriable but if they were running the 150 & finishing that low in the overall that not to good.

I know they have run both 150cc and 125, so I am not sure what particular event they have run what cc. Sorry I am not much help here, however a 125 will definitely run with 90cc two strokes.

Thanks guys.

musky
09-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks guys. I never even took the time adjustments into consideration. Its starting to look Riley will be getting a fxr 150 for Xmas. I just know that I'm going to take a beating on his ds 90x & from Momma!

mcatvme
09-15-2009, 07:02 PM
I dont know about the swingarm but I know he had 1 to many motor issues as well....All to be expected from a new quad...

FISH ON!
10-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Hey Ron...........

I don't know if they were running the 125 or 150cc but they routinely get beat by Shadron on a stock Apex 90 LT. A good rider in a one hour race can make a big difference so not sure if it's man or machine.

GNCC starts the different classes in rows with the superminis on the front row. That's what the Pisters have to race. The time adjustments is because the second row starts 30 seconds or so later and so on. The Pisters actually get an advantage toward the overall because they are starting on the front row which eliminates the first lap log jambs that cost back row riders several minutes some times. (80 quads through a one quad wide mud hole in a tight woods section) Shadron has taken the overall from the third row on more than one occasion in the limited class (essentially stock) APEX 90.

Four strokes for one power stroke versus two is the bottom line so I'd say stock for stock it's gonna take atleast a 150cc maybe even 200cc to compare and i think most race series are ready to believe that yet. Once the hp's get matched up the 4-stroke will have a significant torque advantage so it's hard to match them up at such a small displacement.

We're real happy with the Apex 90cc LT. They come stock with the aluminum air box now that Riley would need for trail riding. We have 4 MX and 2 GNCC races on the quad without even a new set of rings and compression is still 180 + (they use hi comp head.) The torque spring is all we changed.

I have not wet a line in months. Too much quad stuff going on. All my favorite honey holes are covered up with people these days.

Take care........ Call me if you get interested in an APEX.

musky
10-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Hey Todd
Good to hear from you. was going to call you to see if you guys were coming up to Powerline Park. We were planning on going up to watch the neighber boy but I got my weekends mixed up. I wish that I would have it looks like he pretty well has the xc2 locked up.

I think that these pitsers will get more competitive as time & parts go on & Riley couldnt race Gncc on one anyhow since he is only 10. He can run in a local series though. I just want to get him on manual shifter as I think that will help down the road. The pitser came in 3rd last weekend & a honda won the supermini class. So like I said I think the Pitster Pro 150cc will do fine as time goes on. I just want clear away from the cvt thing The SSR pitbike that he has has been bullet proof & him & his buddies run the wheels off of it. That has helped me lean towards the Pitster quad.

We havent fished as much this year as usual but I have 3 weaks vacation left & plan on hitting it hard.

FISH ON!
10-09-2009, 09:17 AM
I'm with you on the CVTs........... I learn something new every race . They can sure complicate any troubleshooting and the guys that really know their stuff with those are hard to beat. I'm searching for a cheap old cover so I can cut some viewing windows out and see what's going on down there when we make changes.

The FXR is definitely headed in the right direction.

Send PICs of the big one! I'm going to try to do some fishing in November when the big ones hit the shallow water feeding on HUGE bait.

kaw45026
01-24-2010, 07:52 AM
JUNK.