PDA

View Full Version : why wouldnt you run a head stay?

tants
01-12-2003, 02:54 PM
i couldnt see why people wouldnt run a head stay on a 250r. do they do that because they think the vibrations wont crack the frame?

Sparks425Ex
01-12-2003, 03:24 PM
If you told me what a Headstay is Maybe I could tell you why.

300exazzkikr
01-12-2003, 03:31 PM
I always ran the headstay but without the bolt. This way it still has the strength in the frame and you don't have the force on the frame from the motor.

tants
01-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Nacs425ex
If you told me what a Headstay is Maybe I could tell you why.

"head stay" its self explainitory.

keeps the cylender "head" to "stay"

lol

airheadedduner
01-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Why wouldn't you want to run one?? It only takes a min. to install and helps a lot. The motor in the R frame is an essential part of the chassis. It is a mainstay in keeping the frame ridged. If you don't run the head stay the frame will twist and crack. The only time I can think that you wouldn't run one is if you had an aftermarket frame that don't need one.

tants
01-12-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Why wouldn't you want to run one?? It only takes a min. to install and helps a lot. The motor in the R frame is an essential part of the chassis. It is a mainstay in keeping the frame ridged. If you don't run the head stay the frame will twist and crack. The only time I can think that you wouldn't run one is if you had an aftermarket frame that don't need one.

im deff gonna run one. i was just wondering WHY other people didnt...

fly400ex
01-12-2003, 04:50 PM
I have seen guys with 400r and no headstay because the stroker has a taller cylinder.