PDA

View Full Version : car guys---Help me pick out a car!

Hondaexboy
09-14-2009, 04:39 PM
hey guys a got about 4k to spend on a car and dont know what to get. lookin for a sportier and fast car.
not sure what would be good car--used of course and any year
any ideas?
thanks!

Tommy Warren
09-14-2009, 05:03 PM
your options are pretty limitless. you'll have to be more specific with what you want. 4 banger? v8? rear wheel drive? standard? auto.

Hondaexboy
09-14-2009, 05:06 PM
v8, probably manual, and doesnt really matter about front/rear wheel drive

white tails
09-14-2009, 05:15 PM
get a ponny

09-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Integra GSR lol you said you want a V8 though. I'll take better handling over power any day. Its so much more fun unless you are strictly a drag fanatic or dyno queen.

Tommy Warren
09-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Hondaexboy
v8, probably manual, and doesnt really matter about front/rear wheel drive

If you want a v8 your gonna have to go with a rear wheel drive unless you want one of those old cadillacs. so your down to Mustang, camaro, trans am, firechicken, or a crappy corvette.

Tommy Warren
09-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
Integra GSR lol you said you want a V8 though. I'll take better handling over power any day. Its so much more fun unless you are strictly a drag fanatic or dyno queen.

Are you full blown Japanese or what? :huh

416exfreak
09-14-2009, 05:49 PM
You can usually pick up a decent fox body mustang for 4k.

It wont be a firebreather, but it gives you something to work from, and the aftermarket is plentiful for them.

You could also look into a Ford Maverick, Chevy Nova, Camaro, Mercury Cougar (older ones), Ford Cyclone..

Hell, just start looking around for cars in your price range.

Honestly, in today's economy, I would almost rather drive a GSR Teggy instead of my F100.. gas sure would be better.:chinese:

ATVMX33
09-14-2009, 06:00 PM
mustang all the way..:D

Tommy Warren
09-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Renault & Ford are making a car between them 2 beat the credit crunch, based on the Clio &Taurus, the new 'Clitaurus' it will b pink & has an optional furry dash

09-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
Are you full blown Japanese or what? :huh

eh no but for the most part, yes. i like some Euro cars, some American cars are nice but usually cost a lot. Everyone likes something different. My driveway consist of Nissan, Toyota, Honda, and Dodge. If only we can get that piece of shat Dakota out of the driveway lol then my driveway would be much better.

matt14c
09-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Heck for $4k you could prolly go get a brand new Kia! It wont be fast wont have a V8 but you will definitly help put an american out of job! :rolleyes:

Tommy Warren
09-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by matt14c
Heck for $4k you could prolly go get a brand new Kia! It wont be fast wont have a V8 but you will definitly help put an american out of job! :rolleyes:

I actually used to sell kias and yeah you can get a Rio new for about 8000. They were surprisingly easy to sell but I still couldn't sleep at night. My boss used to say every time you buy a kia or hyundai God slaps a bald eagle:huh

ZBlaster
09-14-2009, 06:47 PM
For that money, especially in this economy and with gas prices still mildly high, I'd recommend buying a cheap Honda and swapping it. Hell, you might even be able to find one already swapped cheap. My old GSR swapped EF was probably more fun than any other car I've owned to drive, and still got 34mpg.

If you're still sold on a v8 car, hard to beat a Foxbody for 4k.

quadrcr161
09-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
I actually used to sell kias and yeah you can get a Rio new for about 8000. They were surprisingly easy to sell but I still couldn't sleep at night. My boss used to say every time you buy a kia or hyundai God slaps a bald eagle:huh

i would buy a hyundai it actually helps give an american a job considering they have one plant here in Montgomery alabama, and also mobis, who makes parts for then here in montgomery. during the cash for clunkers you would get a new hyundai for about $4500.

i would also suggest a swapped honda or a gsr, but good luck finding one not ragged out. quick enough for it to be fun, huge aftermarket and you can still get 30+ MPG and AC

fastredrider44
09-14-2009, 09:45 PM
If I was 16, had 4k and wanted to buy a car... It would probably be a V-8 Camaro, Firebird or Trans-Am. (93 up) Foxbodies are quick and fun, but not what I would want out of a daily driver.