PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Tires may be a thing of the past!

ZWILLETT47
09-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Barack Obama proved last Friday he’s got grit. He enforced trade laws.These are special trade safeguard rules, called “Section 421,” that the Chinese had agreed to obey to gain entrance to the World Trade Organization (WTO).

Looks like Hoosiers and American Racers will be tire of choice!!!!!blog.usw.org

http://blog.usw.org/2009/09/13/finally-a-president-with-the-guts-to-enforce-trade-laws/

Tommy Warren
09-14-2009, 05:58 PM
where am I gonna get my cheng shin's?:blah:

OzLinc
09-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren

or MAXXIS.........?............oh yeah..........same thing

250x_kyle
09-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren

ask flewby he probably has some connections

Tommy Warren
09-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle

LOL is there a story behind that?

09-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle

haha nice, but i dont touch that. The tires I buy are usually from Japan, Korea, France or Spain, Still safe :)

ZWILLETT47
09-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Why would anyAmerican be against American workers and the U.S. manufactories they work for?

The time has come that we as American must start thing about our jobs here in the states.

Just this year Chinese consumer tire export skyrocket from 10 million to 58 million tires this year, there can be no dispute as to the nature of the surge. There has not been great increase in the need for new tires so how did the Chinese volume increase? All you have to do is look at the U.S. tire factories several have had to close and more than 7000 tire workers have lost their jobs – with potentially 3,000 more slated to lose their jobs this year. In addition, more than 35,000 retirees’ healthcare depends on the vitality of the industry. We have been as guilty as anyone maybe more so, but the time is now to save our jobs. Buy American- save an American Job.

The job you may save may be your own someday:)

09-14-2009, 06:53 PM
The only American tire company I know of is Hoosier. I would buy Hoosier, now show me some other brands.

ZWILLETT47
09-14-2009, 07:03 PM
You may be right...we race TT and the only other company I can think would be American racers. It may be too late for the atv industry....what a shame....But, it's not too late for the automotive industry:)

martnmx288
09-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
The only American tire company I know of is Hoosier. I would buy Hoosier, now show me some other brands.

ITP Does alot of Design and a little manufacturing in the states. Still nothing like Hoosier though.... Can't wait to try their MX tires!!!

rollie
09-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by martnmx288
ITP Does alot of Design and a little manufacturing in the states. Still nothing like Hoosier though.... Can't wait to try their MX tires!!!

i was just going to say perfect timing that they made an MX tire :p.

BlaineKaiser450
09-14-2009, 07:46 PM
id be cool with hoosier

Tommy Warren
09-14-2009, 07:49 PM

pretty sure the mx tires are out;)

martnmx288
09-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Yep they are. Have 2 sets up here. Both are M100 soft rears and the fronts are the hard packed ones that look like Razr Cross's.... :)

ZWILLETT47
09-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Hoosiers' MX tires are out...I am sure Goodman race on them all year...

martnmx288
09-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Actually IDK when Hoosier picked Harold up but he was running Dunlap rears a pretty fair amount. Same ones as Joe....

J.Brown121
09-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Hoosiers are expensive! $75 for the fronts and $85 for the rears

martnmx288
09-14-2009, 09:26 PM
So are Yellow Label Razr's and Quad Cross lites in the Soft compound.... so its pretty much similar field there. And it keeps the money here as well.... :cool:

d1g888
09-15-2009, 07:01 AM
ITP front soft are 75 and rear soft are 80
our race tires are made in the US (tennessee)

Bigdaddy

ZWILLETT47
09-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by d1g888
ITP front soft are 75 and rear soft are 80
our race tires are made in the US (tennessee)

Bigdaddy

I knew that Big Daddy that's why our MX quads will have ITPs or Hooisers on them......

godzilla
09-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by ridin'MX365
Hoosiers are expensive! $75 for the fronts and $85 for the rears

..and here lies the problem. People are screaming about wanting to buy american, but dont want to pay for a more expensive product. The same tire can be produced in China for a fraction of the cost, and even after import they are still cheaper. Racers want an American manufactured product for the price of an Asian product.

You want American, pay American prices.

ZWILLETT47
09-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by godzilla
..and here lies the problem. People are screaming about wanting to buy american, but dont want to pay for a more expensive product. The same tire can be produced in China for a fraction of the cost, and even after import they are still cheaper. Racers want an American manufactured product for the price of an Asian product.

One better you want Chinese move to China - LOL

09-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Duro tires I guess are Chinese?

godzilla
09-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
Duro tires I guess are Chinese?

Yep...made in Asia, warehoused in GA.

F-16Guy
09-15-2009, 10:24 AM

Amen. America is no longer a manufacturing economy, so manufacturing inexpensive goods here is difficult. You can't live on what workers would have to earn to make certain American made goods compete with Asian made goods. I'm all for Chinese goods and other imports. It allows us to leverage our currency exchange rate and buy goods that would otherwise be luxuries. There are, of course, exceptions to every rule, and if Hoosier and ITP can make a profit manufacturing tires here, then I'll be happy to buy them as long as they are priced reasonably.

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 10:32 AM
On the contrary America became what it is because of its "western industrial civilization" IMO, if we get back to that and keep more money in the states, thus keeping more people employed here, and creating more people with money to spend in other areas within America, it keeps spreading from there. Kind of like the movie "Pay It Forward" lol! Right or wrong I plan to do my part (though small) if we all do or part it becomes a very large number. I fear that if we lose all of our Industry, and Manufacturing, we will lose what made this country known as one of the best places to live....

J.Brown121
09-15-2009, 10:34 AM

i personally don't care where the parts that are on my quad are made as long as they are good products. i'm on a budget so i would rather buy the less expensive product of the same quality, but that's just logical....

rageatvsupermom
09-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Amen. America is no longer a manufacturing economy, so manufacturing inexpensive goods here is difficult. You can't live on what workers would have to earn to make certain American made goods compete with Asian made goods. I'm all for Chinese goods and other imports. It allows us to leverage our currency exchange rate and buy goods that would otherwise be luxuries. There are, of course, exceptions to every rule, and if Hoosier and ITP can make a profit manufacturing tires here, then I'll be happy to buy them as long as they are priced reasonably.

Well if we penalized the companies for sending work to third world countries to pay children 5 cents a month that would be a start. We are a lazy, greedy country, we want to send our
work somewhere else and then complain that we dont have
jobs, when we do have jobs we want a million dollars an
hour to work...that is why the illegal's have such a strong hold here.. we have noone to blame but our lazy rearends.

J.Brown121
09-15-2009, 11:04 AM
^^well put supermom^^

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by ridin'MX365
^^well put supermom^^

Agreed! I feel that we have fallen into a trance. I like to compare America today to sheep. We act/think too much as we are instructed and told by TV and propaganda. Even alot of News channels publish biased info these days. For us younger generations coming up it is very difficult to decifer right from wrong and what is best for our country these days.... :confused:

ZWILLETT47
09-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by rageatvsupermom
Well if we penalized the companies for sending work to third world countries to pay children 5 cents a month that would be a start. We are a lazy, greedy country, we want to send our work
somewhere else and then complain that we dont have jobs, when
we do have jobs we want a million dollars an hour to work...that is why the illegal's have such a strong hold here.. we have noone
to blame but our lazy rearends.

I agree but we the employees didn't send our work over there Corp America did to compete with the import products coming in and so they could continue to make a profit and stay in business.
They problem is there is no protection from this other than placing tariffs on imports and the Americans to stop buying this juck. I agree some of us maybe lazy but their is no way we can compete with 25 cent / hour wages.

Chinese will copy what a company produces here in the states and return to China and make it for a 1/10 of what it cost here in the states. Then put the American company out of business.

I would not surprise me to be hearing of Chinese engine builders in the future...

We must stop our support of these import ASAP.

godzilla
09-15-2009, 11:13 AM
On the contrary America became what it is because of its "western industrial civilization" IMO, if we get back to that and keep more money in the states, thus keeping more people employed here, and creating more people with money to spend in other areas within America, it keeps spreading from there. Kind of like the movie "Pay It Forward" lol! Right or wrong I plan to do my part (though small) if we all do or part it becomes a very large number. I fear that if we lose all of our Industry, and Manufacturing, we will lose what made this country known as one of the best places to live....

Thats in an ideal world. Bottom line is that everyone is looking to save money. What do you think Wal Mart is so succesful? If Walmart sold ATV tires, where do you think people would buy them?

Here is a challenge for you...walk into a Wal-mart and find 10 things in the whole store that is manufactured in the US.

rageatvsupermom
09-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Agreed! I feel that we have fallen into a trance. I like to compare America today to sheep. We act/think too much as we are instructed and told by TV and propaganda. Even alot of News channels publish biased info these days. For us younger generations coming up it is very difficult to decifer right from wrong and what is best for our country these days.... :confused:
Well it is really sad....but we are just plain lazy...it is easier
to sit on our butt and collect unemployment....or financial aid
than to work.....yes the jobs might not be there but in order to
feed the family you might have to do something that you may
be over qualified for......this is what we are teaching our kids.....
our kids are getting lazier and lazier as we speak....and point
the blame some where else.

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Thats in an ideal world. Bottom line is that everyone is looking to save money. What do you think Wal Mart is so succesful? If Walmart sold ATV tires, where do you think people would buy them?

Here is a challenge for you...walk into a Wal-mart and find 10 things in the whole store that is manufactured in the US.

I'll bet that I couldn't find a handfull of things. That won't change tomorrow but we can start taking baby steps today to set ourselves up for sucess in the future....

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Well it is really sad....but we are just plain lazy...it is easier
to sit on our butt and collect unemployment....or financial aid
than to work.....yes the jobs might not be there but in order to
feed the family you might have to do something that you may
be over qualified for......this is what we are teaching our kids.....
our kids are getting lazier and lazier as we speak....and point
the blame some where else.

I guess up in ND we don't see the issue of laziness so much as simply Jobs getting more, and more difficult to come by.... I plan on doing some traveling and spending more time outside of my bubble up here this coming winter and next summer. I hope to gain alot of first hand knowlegde pertaining to the rest of the states.

ZWILLETT47
09-15-2009, 11:26 AM

I don't shop or even go into Walmarts or Sams!

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by ZWILLETT47
I don't shop or even go into Walmarts or Sams!

Me either but its more the issues they were having before with employee benifits and such. As well as the fact that you always have to park 5 miles away cuz its so busy. I'd rather support Target and have it cost me an extra $3.00 on the $50 I spent...

godzilla
09-15-2009, 11:29 AM
I'll bet that I couldn't find a handfull of things. That won't change tomorrow but we can start taking baby steps today to set ourselves up for sucess in the future....

No problem, all you have to do is convince 300,000,000 people in the US to buy American made products and your set !!

:D

godzilla
09-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Me either but its more the issues they were having before with employee benifits and such. As well as the fact that you always have to park 5 miles away cuz its so busy. I'd rather support Target and have it cost me an extra $3.00 on the $50 I spent...

That Walmart challenge is also open to any Target store. Go in there and find 10 things that are made in the US. ;)

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Starting with the 10k users on exriders!!! :)

Pappy
09-15-2009, 11:34 AM
So we will be seeing everyone switch to an American made atv for next season correct?

F-16Guy
09-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Well if we penalized the companies for sending work to third world countries to pay children 5 cents a month that would be a start. We are a lazy, greedy country, we want to send our
work somewhere else and then complain that we dont have
jobs, when we do have jobs we want a million dollars an
hour to work...that is why the illegal's have such a strong hold here.. we have noone to blame but our lazy rearends.
We do penalize them. They set up shop in a foreign country, and the gov't slaps a tariff on those goods to squelch the demand. It's not perfect, but I know it works because there are still companies here in the U.S. If there were no tariffs, every company in the country would move their operations to Asia or Mexico and reap huge profits.
Where do those tariffs go? I wish I knew. The gov't should be using them to subsidize new and existing U.S. businesses that produce similar goods to the item that the tariff was imposed on, but I doubt they are.
America produces plenty, just not low tech goods that require cheap labor. That was us a long time ago, but we're not there anymore. America produces and exports technology to developing countries. We take what we had 20 years ago and sell it to countries that are just coming on line.

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
So we will be seeing everyone switch to an American made atv for next season correct?

Polaris it is!!! :ermm: Does anyone know if American Honda is actually made in America?

Pappy
09-15-2009, 11:42 AM
And this thing with Obama, its a bone. Mark my words, it will amount to nothing..its a ploy to get a break down the line. And he isnt the only President to do this...it is a game they play.

I still say China won the cold war....and it aint over:p

godzilla
09-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Polaris it is!!! :ermm: Does anyone know if American Honda is actually made in America?

Its only assembled here...all components are built in China.

Interesting huh...A Japanese company where parts are built in China and assembled in the US.

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Very Interesting.... Wonder about Suzuki and Kawi, and Yami. Since honda is pulling thier support this year it kinda makes me wanna support those who support the sport. But at the same time if consumers don't buy honda sport quads they may never improve, and never get back into the game... :grr:

F-16Guy
09-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Its only assembled here...all components are built in China.

Interesting huh...A Japanese company where parts are built in China and assembled in the US.
Yeah, I don't think a lot of people realize that Japan outsources to China just like everyone else. China makes some crap, but they also make some very good products. The key is engineering and manufacturing oversight. If you allow the Chinese to engineer it, it probably won't turn out well unless they have a similar product to copy. Reverse engineering is the name of the game there.

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 11:52 AM
True. But as a Tooling Engineer in America I am still seeing the Job market suffer.... there are obviously tons of reasons for this but I still like to see people support American Idustrial/Manufacturing...

Pappy
09-15-2009, 11:54 AM
You guys ready to not buy foreign foods as well? Look where most of your pre packaged foods come from....

ZWILLETT47
09-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Check out the same discussion on another site:)

http://www.atvnc.com/forums/index.php?topic=45413.0

godzilla
09-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Yeah, I don't think a lot of people realize that Japan outsources to China just like everyone else. China makes some crap, but they also make some very good products. The key is engineering and manufacturing oversight. If you allow the Chinese to engineer it, it probably won't turn out well unless they have a similar product to copy. Reverse engineering is the name of the game there.

Engineering is definately an important step, but quality control is where the chinese product really lacks. You can hold their hands and explain to them in detail how the part must be made, but they dont give a damn about verifying that things are manufactured correctly. Unless you hire someone within the company to verify quality control, chances are its gonna be built wrong.

The Japanese on the other hand are anal about quality. If they see flaws in the product on the assembly line, you can bet your bottom dollar that they will stop everything they are doing and raise a storm until it is right.

ZWILLETT47
09-15-2009, 12:00 PM
And this thing with Obama, its a bone. Mark my words, it will amount to nothing..its a ploy to get a break down the line. And he isnt the only President to do this...it is a game they play.

I still say China won the cold war....and it aint over:p

Funny thing on the other site the adminstrator is a republican too and he too support loosing jobs to China. What is it about saving jobs in the US?

Pappy
09-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Where is the riding gear and boots made these days?

F-16Guy
09-15-2009, 12:02 PM
True. But as a Tooling Engineer in America I am still seeing the Job market suffer.... there are obviously tons of reasons for this but I still like to see people support American Idustrial/Manufacturing...
Whether you agree or disagree with the science of it, I think global climate and energy concerns are about to spur a major change in the durable goods and infrastructure that are designed, engineered, and produced, and those new technologies will probably be largely born here in the U.S.. When this "Green" revolution kicks off and gets fully embraced and funded, you could see a lot of that manufacturing base come back to America if we prepare ourselves to receive it.

Pappy
09-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Funny thing on the other site the adminstrator is a republican too and he too support loosing jobs to China. What is it about saving jobs in the US?

Usually site admins just dont want a *****fest occuring on a site that isnt designated as a political forum. It has nothing to do with wanting jobs lost.....

ZWILLETT47
09-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Sorry Pappy I read you wrong:)

I was just wanting to save our American jobs and buy American Products ( American tire) since Obama took a stand for the rubber workers......

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 12:06 PM
I am actually glad to be reading this on this site. The % of young americans on any political site isn't very high... so far this has been a good debate. Informative. Not an argument yet. The way it should be. This has potential to be very informative for a few of the younger generations that simply don't get exposure to this sort of info....

godzilla
09-15-2009, 12:10 PM
I am actually glad to be reading this on this site. The % of young americans on any political site isn't very high... so far this has been a good debate. Informative. Not an argument yet. The way it should be. This has potential to be very informative for a few of the younger generations that simply don't get exposure to this sort of info....

Indeed.

Question for the youger folks here...most importantly high school age folks.

Do they teach you stuff like this in school? What year do you start taking economics courses?

I am way past my high scool days, and sometimes wish I was back there...:D

Then again, if I get any answers in the next few hours, what the hell are you doing on a forum during school hours?

:p

ZWILLETT47
09-15-2009, 12:22 PM
this whole is bigger than us:

On twitter.com 38 minutes ago:

OBAMA posted, "Made in America shouldn't just be a slogan, it should be a reality." From the Afl-Cio convention in Pittsburgh, PA...

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 12:26 PM
ZWILLETT47 I was looking at that other forum and I will have to say I dis-agree with the whole union thing. I feel that unions are resoponsible for a very considerable amount of the strain on the US automotive manufactures. I do not belive that a production employee on an assembly line (and I am sorry if I affend anyone) should be making more than $18/ hour esp. when they have a benifits package like they do. Toyota now makes the most american vehicle on the market. They currently have the most succesful AMERICAN factory right now. They are non-union. Nissan isn't far behind em. How are the big 3 supposed to compete with Toyota when they pay their workers what they are plus all the union beni's and fees? It goes back to what we read earlier in this thread. We want to get paid a small fortune to do very little. This is great I want it too but it doesn't work that way. You get out of something what you put into it. Toyota still pays what employees are worth, has good beni's, and is succesful. The workers aren't rich, but they are making a decent living... and right now they can go home at night and know that they will not come to a locked factory door then next morning.

Pappy
09-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Obama is doing damage control to bring his numbers back up, he needs all the support he can for the Health care issue. I wish I felt he meant it!

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Obama is doing damage control to bring his numbers back up, he needs all the support he can for the Health care issue. I wish I felt he meant it!

AGREED. SADLY. AGREED.

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 12:31 PM
ZWILLETT47 I was looking at that other forum and I will have to say I dis-agree with the whole union thing. I feel that unions are resoponsible for a very considerable amount of the strain on the US automotive manufactures. I do not belive that a production employee on an assembly line (and I am sorry if I affend anyone) should be making more than $18/ hour esp. when they have a benifits package like they do. Toyota now makes the most american vehicle on the market. They currently have the most succesful AMERICAN factory right now. They are non-union. Nissan isn't far behind em. How are the big 3 supposed to compete with Toyota when they pay their workers what they are plus all the union beni's and fees? It goes back to what we read earlier in this thread. We want to get paid a small fortune to do very little. This is great I want it too but it doesn't work that way. You get out of something what you put into it. Toyota still pays what employees are worth, has good beni's, and is succesful. The workers aren't rich, but they are making a decent living... and right now they can go home at night and know that they will not come to a locked factory door then next morning.

And they are not increasing our Federal Debt with China..... :(

godzilla
09-15-2009, 12:34 PM

Free health care has its benefits and perils. Ask any Canadian what they think.

Pappy
09-15-2009, 12:38 PM

Nothing is free..and sometimes the cost out weighs the benefit.

The government run health organizations are bankrupt....I dont really want them taking on any more. (Medicare, VA services, etc) Its like betting on a horse with a broken leg....

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 12:39 PM

This is awesome! Now an learning new words! lol! Lets see, you have a child born pre-mature, canada doen't have the funding or technology to save it. So you bring it to the States, it costs your life savings and then some. But you do it cuz its your child and you wanna save it....

rageatvsupermom
09-15-2009, 12:40 PM
this whole is bigger than us:

On twitter.com 38 minutes ago:

OBAMA posted, "Made in America shouldn't just be a slogan, it should be a reality." From the Afl-Cio convention in Pittsburgh, PA...

Dave, I am curious...please don't take this wrong but why
all of a sudden are you against Duro? Were you not the one
here not too long ago on every site you can get on telling us
all how great they are........did you not benefit from thier
sponsorship, (money,tires,winnings) Did they drop Zac?

This is another thing wrong with this industry....if you don't get
it for free then it can't be good.

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 12:42 PM
What I am getting at is the funding has to come from somewhere. Our previous system is what made our health care in the states and advanced and reliable as it is today....

godzilla
09-15-2009, 12:49 PM

Unfortunately this is an epidemic with racers and the way they treat companies that sponsor them. They are all quick to dump on the companies that offer support.

Instead of being embassadors...they embarass the sponsors.

godzilla
09-15-2009, 12:52 PM
This is awesome! Now an learning new words! lol! Lets see, you have a child born pre-mature, canada doen't have the funding or technology to save it. So you bring it to the States, it costs your life savings and then some. But you do it cuz its your child and you wanna save it....

Its not necessarily the technology that is lacking...Its the amount or ressources available. People are on waiting lists to have access to this technology and are tired of waiting, so they go to the US to get treatment.

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Its not necessarily the technology that is lacking...Its the amount or ressources available. People are on waiting lists to have access to this technology and are tired of waiting, so they go to the US to get treatment.

I race with a couple guys from Canada and yea word is what you are saying is true. As in the amount (qty.) of high end medical equipment just isn't available....

rageatvsupermom
09-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately this is an epidemic with racers and the way they treat companies that sponsor them. They are all quick to dump on the companies that offer support.

Instead of being embassadors...they embarass the sponsors.

I don't have a problem with anyone making a living.....other
countries, other businesses, what I have a problem with
is we can't take care of ourselves....or choose not to cause
it cheaper to have someone else do it for us......man if
we do have another world war we are in trouble.....we can't
make anything but cars.......

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't have a problem with anyone making a living.....other
countries, other businesses, what I have a problem with
is we can't take care of ourselves....or choose not to cause
it cheaper to have someone else do it for us......man if

Have to keep in mind when the US coughs, the rest of the world gets a cold..... I have been showing my house and I had a younger couple here from Ireland looking at it. They claimed 70% um-employment there. He also claimed the reason was related directly to the US struggling right now....

Pappy
09-15-2009, 01:01 PM
if

Well, to address this....

Another world war would be nuclear. There would be no need for the large build up of machines.

As far as WW1 and 2, we were not prepared for that either as we turned to our automakers to re-tool and crank out the things needed to wage a prolonged war overseas. That type of warfare on a global scale isnt practical in todays wars.

Sorry to change subjects, im a history nut:p

F-16Guy
09-15-2009, 01:02 PM
...man if we do have another world war we are in trouble.....we can't make anything but cars.......

... and the world's most advanced military weapons and equipment. I think we'll be alright.:devil:

godzilla
09-15-2009, 01:08 PM
All our enemies would have to do is knock our satellites...then we'd be screwed. All of today’s weaponry is guided by satellite tracking devices. Knock those out and we couldn’t hit a small planet, never mind a target the size of a truck.

The challenge would be to find the satellites. Did you ever look into the sky on a nice summer night with no other light source around you? It is incredible how many satellites you can spot up there.

Pappy
09-15-2009, 01:11 PM
It wouldnt take knocking out a satelite...it would be virus based right here on terrafirma.

We have the means to black out other countries, and they either do or are working hard on it

Cyber warfare...

ZWILLETT47
09-15-2009, 01:13 PM

Yes he was sponsored by them however Zac cancelled his contract because of tire development didn't pan out and other reasons. Myself being from a union background that didn't not break my heart. This spring my union (USWA) took up a battle for the US rubber workers and the facts came out how many jobs were lost to these Chinese Tire company it stuck home.

http://www.usw.org/our_union/our_issues/unfair_trade?id=0006

Yes I am against Duro did I benefit no did Zac yes he did benefit for them - as well as they from him. I will do all I can to get riders on other tires than Duro and other Chinese tire companies.

Today we are talking about Americans loosing American jobs.

fastredrider44
09-15-2009, 01:20 PM
There sure is a lot of politics in every thread. My two cents on the tires is what the crap am I gonna run. I'm happy with Maxxis Razrs. ITP GNCC tires have made in the USA on the sidewall, but I just don't like them as much. If all of my fourwheeler stuff has to be made in the USA, I might as well quit. I can barely afford to race running Chinese crap.

KTM is made in Austria...

Pappy
09-15-2009, 01:25 PM
But it was ok for him to run the duro tires even though, through your opinion, it took jobs from Americans? And now that he is with another sponsor, you can be open about the issue? I mean if you felt it then and feel strongly about this issue you would have been vocal about it even if it meant him loosing a sponsor could have been the result?

Nothing personal, just looking at this based on whats posted. If I am seeing this right, you kept quiet about your feelings while Americans may have lost jobs due to the chinese tire companys sales while it benefited your son, but now since they dont benefit him you can speak your mind? And we all should only buy American even though you remained silent and appearantly went against your beliefs due to the benfit your son gained from being sponsored by them?

If I am wrong please say so! Not out to piss anyone off, I would just like to know the scoop seeing the issue was brought out.

Anyone care to tell me where the gear we all use is made? Boots, jerseys, helmets, goggles, gloves etc?

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 01:37 PM
But it was ok for him to run the duro tires even though, through your opinion, it took jobs from Americans? And now that he is with another sponsor, you can be open about the issue? I mean if you felt it then and feel strongly about this issue you would have been vocal about it even if it meant him loosing a sponsor could have been the result?

Nothing personal, just looking at this based on whats posted. If I am seeing this right, you kept quiet about your feelings while Americans may have lost jobs due to the chinese tire companys sales while it benefited your son, but now since they dont benefit him you can speak your mind? And we all should only buy American even though you remained silent and appearantly went against your beliefs due to the benfit your son gained from being sponsored by them?

If I am wrong please say so! Not out to piss anyone off, I would just like to know the scoop seeing the issue was brought out.

Anyone care to tell me where the gear we all use is made? Boots, jerseys, helmets, goggles, gloves etc?

Fox and No Fear both started in the states and I am sure that their design is all done here however as they grew to the size they are today you can bet they Martha Stewart their apparel now.... :p

Pappy
09-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Well thats the thing....

If a person walks up to the local store and see's 3 brands of gloves, all of equal quality, value and price, there is no reason not to buy american if that is an option, many times there si no american option. So does the purchase of a product made elsewhere mean your anti american?

Now with that in mind, and this being a global market, are you anti american for buying a product legally sold here that isnt made here? What if its a superior product then anything produced in the states?

Are these companies being represented in this country by american employees? Are american trucks and trains/planes moving this product around teh country? Is the fuel in those delivery vessles sold here? made here? <---buy american gas thats rich

As much as I would love to buy only american products, it aint happening

Pappy
09-15-2009, 01:45 PM
I just checked..my John Deere and Mossy Oak hats...made in china

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 01:58 PM
I just checked..my John Deere and Mossy Oak hats...made in china

John Deere Equipment made right here. I am designing an automated fixture for them as we speak.... $300k equipment made here vs. $10 hat made in china. I'll let em slide! :cool:

Pappy
09-15-2009, 02:01 PM
I believe only certain models are made here, most of the JD's I see all have bung-chow writing on them:p

Now doesnt JD have plants world wide as they spread their product in other countries?

09-15-2009, 02:08 PM
I'll be on an American made quad. made right in South Carolina. my car is like 89% american made? it still has japanese parts assembled here and what not. so you cant say you take away americans jobs when they put plants right here in the U.S. making jobs. I'll buy whats good and what is available, cant buy all American brands because they usually dont fit into those categories.

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 02:09 PM
I believe only certain models are made here, most of the JD's I see all have bung-chow writing on them:p

Now doesnt JD have plants world wide as they spread their product in other countries?

Yea they are similar to GM, Ford, exc. Alot of components are manufactured overseas, assembled here. As far as spreading thier product overseas, do it up. I live here and I am biased! lol! However I am sure that when they are selling over seas, its due to having a superior product vs. what is available there.... and it is their choice to purchase JD products where the money comes back to America. Just like it is ours to purchase China made product and send the money back that way....

Pappy
09-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Yea they are similar to GM, Ford, exc. Alot of components are manufactured overseas, assembled here. As far as spreading thier product overseas, do it up. I live here and I am biased! lol! However I am sure that when they are selling over seas, its due to having a superior product vs. what is available there.... and it is their choice to purchase JD products where the money comes back to America. Just like it is ours to purchase China made **** and send the money back that way....

Global market and yes I agree, the JD product is far superior then the russian made or other comparble models built world wide.

I can remember my dad sending back a JD when it was delivered because it had Japanes/Chinese writing on the oil cap...and that was back in like 1985:p

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 02:18 PM
My dad and grandpa are big IH guys. Went Case International back in the 80's. Now its a big corporation, Ford, New Holland, Case, and Steiger are all combined I believe. There is no way to have the states stand alone. I do agree with doing our parts in a small way to do what we can to help out our crisis right now. If we are happy, generally the rest of the world is too. But we will never stand alone. And that is a good thing IMO. Hell when I decided I was going to buy a new truck I was debating between GM and Toyota. So I bought an over priced Sierra Denali to support U.S. growth. A week later I got the call from the manufacturing plant in Canada asking how I liked my new truck! ;)

fastredrider44
09-15-2009, 02:28 PM
My Fox/Honda Flexfit hat made in Vietnam.

ZWILLETT47
09-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Yes we are in a global market place and items come from all over the world. But it will still try to buy American and even Union made if I can. Heck this weekend we're going to the final round of the Extreme Dirt Track series. Another Chinese Motorcyclist Association (aka AMA) race... LOL

See you there

Pappy
09-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Heck this weekend we're going to the final round of the Extreme Dirt Track series. Another Chinese Motorcyclist Association (aka AMA) race... LOL

See you there

LMAO!! Thats classic

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
My Fox/Honda Flexfit hat made in Vietnam.

There is just no way we can compete on stuff like hats and t-shirts manufactured in the zillions. But my point is that we can all "try" and do what we can to help get this country back to par and we will all have a lot less stress and worry.... little bits in large numbers = another large number....

rageatvsupermom
09-15-2009, 02:37 PM

Thanks Pappy, that is what I was trying to say did not want to
be rude....but peoples perception of things change when it has
something in it for them. All we hear is gimme, gimme, gimme, and
when it goes sour the finger pointing begins.

like I sated before we are a greedy country.......we do not like to take responsibility.......it is a shame....the only thing we can do
now is educate and work a little harder.

martnmx288
09-15-2009, 02:39 PM
the only thing we can do
now is educate and work a little harder.

WE[COLOR=red] being critical.... 100% agreement.

jhln8c
09-15-2009, 02:56 PM
So we will be seeing everyone switch to an American made atv for next season correct? I wish, ATK's are fast straight from the factory!!!!

fastredrider44
09-15-2009, 02:58 PM
There is just no way we can compete on stuff like hats and t-shirts manufactured in the zillions. But my point is that we can all "try" and do what we can to help get this country back to par and we will all have a lot less stress and worry.... little bits in large numbers = another large number....

I would say I drive nothing but bowties, but that doesn't necessirly mean anything anymore. The main thing I try to do is Buy local. I guess it is something...

ZWILLETT47
09-16-2009, 06:19 AM
Update on this issue:

The recent tire tariff by the ITC is directed at the People's Republic of China. Duro Tires is headquartered in Changhua Hsien,
Taiwan. Republic of China (ie Taiwan), is an independent Chinese island that broke away from mainland China after the communist revolution in 1949.

I am being told the recent tire tariff will not affect Duro Tires and for the ones who wants to buy them will not see the tariffs impact their cost. However other Chinese Made Tires will be affect Copper and Goodyear I have been told make low cost tires there and they will be impacted as well.

Just wanted to straigthen this out.....

I am still buying American when ever I can....

ZWILLETT47
09-21-2009, 08:11 AM
FYI

The U.S. Department of Transportation requires that all tires sold in the United States carry a code which shows, among other things, the company and plant that made the tire. The code would look like this: DOT BE XX XXX XXX

The two symbols (either two letters or a letter and a number) which follow “DOT” indicate the company and the plant where a tire was manufactured. For example, the above code indicates a tire made by B. F. Goodrich in Tuscaloosa, AL. The following is a listing of all U.S. and Canadian tire plants and their DOT codes. By comparing this list to the code on the tire you are buying, you can be certain you are getting a US-made tire.

Code Company, City

BE B. F. Goodrich Tuscaloosa, Ala.

BF B. F. Goodrich Woodburn, Ind.

VE
YE
YU
8B Bridgestone/Firestone Des Moines, Iowa

2M
3M Bridgestone/Firestone Bloomington, Ill.

D2
E3
W1
Y7 Bridgestone/Firestone Lavergne, Tenn.

2C
4D
5D Bridgestone/Firestone Morrison, Tenn.

UP Cooper Findlay, Ohio

UT Cooper Texarkana, Ark.

JU
PC
UK Goodyear Medicine Hat, Alberta

DY Denman Tire Warren, Ohio

JJ
MD
PU Goodyear Gadsden, Ala.

DA Dunlop Buffalo, N.Y.

JN
MJ
PY Goodyear Topeka, Kan.

JE
MC
PT Goodyear Danville, Va.

JT
MK
TA Goodyear Union City, Tenn.

JF
MM
PJ Kelly-Springfield Fayetteville, N.C.

CC Yokohama Tire Salem, Va.

In addition to company brands, these codes will also appear on “Associate Brand” and “Private Brand” tires manufactured at the above plants. The key, then, to being sure of getting a USW-made tire is the DOT code. Be sure and check it with this listing.

http://www.usw.org/media_center/news_articles?id=0409