PDA

View Full Version : mainstream MONSTER!

buck440
09-14-2009, 09:57 AM
well i've been reping monster for a few years now ( not in a douchy way) and i think i'm now done. the other day i went to glicks to get some cloths and the first thing i seen was all this monster cloths and was like wtf:eek2: so i got my crap and the cashier was drinking a bfc with her monster hat cocked like a dumbass...then i went to wal-mart and i spotted out of the corner of my eye a monster tshirt in the clothes section and thought holy****...so i continue on to hardees and as i was pulling in i seen two big monster can signs on the light pole:rolleyes: i walked in and the first thing i seen was a monster frige with a clear window big M full of monsters right on the counter!!! MONSTER NIGHTMARE:scary:

ProspectorJim
09-14-2009, 10:08 AM
So you're angry that monster became popular?

FHKracingZ
09-14-2009, 10:15 AM
So your mad that the single biggest sponsor of motocross and a big sponsor of atv racing is making money.. hmm??

250r rider 88
09-14-2009, 10:35 AM
agreed, by expanding out like that they increase their market, which makes them more cash, and can invest into making things the sponsor "SUPERCROSS" better for us the fans

go to sites like locomx, motosport, etc, they all have sections that say Monster, Rockstar, etc, that are clothing and other items specifically related to that specific product

you also have to realize that Monster just doesn't sponsor MX, they sponsor every action sport on the planet, ever watch Fantasy Factory on MTV? Rob always has monster gear on, a monster fridge, etc.

i had Fox shoes before anyone else in my area and did it bother me when everyone else got a pair? hell no, get over the fact that other people wear the same stuff you do, this is America people are free to wear what they want,

Fox went mainstream by going to PacSun and now everyone wears the ****.

just like Hollister used to be a small brand for the surfing crowd or whatever it was for and now its huge mainstream

mainstream=more money for the company=more $ put into the sports

use your head bro

TrapZ400
09-14-2009, 10:42 AM
I think its great that they have became so popular in such a short period of time. Monster supports the sport so we should support monster.

The more popular monster becomes the more money they will make which will allow them to sponsor more of our events/races, riders, and sports that we love.

If you dont like how big monster is getting than you must not like to see businesses become successful. haha

One_Bad_400
09-14-2009, 10:45 AM
thats why you wont catch me with anything FOX on. because too many douch bag wanna-bee's wear it.

but its not like monster is a motocross brand. its an energy drink. has nothin to do with "motocross" specific clothing or anything.

ProspectorJim
09-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
agreed, by expanding out like that they increase their market, which makes them more cash, and can invest into making things the sponsor "SUPERCROSS" better for us the fans

go to sites like locomx, motosport, etc, they all have sections that say Monster, Rockstar, etc, that are clothing and other items specifically related to that specific product

you also have to realize that Monster just doesn't sponsor MX, they sponsor every action sport on the planet, ever watch Fantasy Factory on MTV? Rob always has monster gear on, a monster fridge, etc.

i had Fox shoes before anyone else in my area and did it bother me when everyone else got a pair? hell no, get over the fact that other people wear the same stuff you do, this is America people are free to wear what they want,

Fox went mainstream by going to PacSun and now everyone wears the ****.

just like Hollister used to be a small brand for the surfing crowd or whatever it was for and now its huge mainstream

mainstream=more money for the company=more $ put into the sports

use your head bro

actually Hollister is a brand owned by Abercrombie and Fitch. They never had anything to do with the surfing community(except for the name) and have never sponsored any surfing events, despite many of their shirts being branded with "Hollister Surf Co." or "Hollister Longboards". That right there is the definition of a poser brand.

buck440
09-14-2009, 10:53 AM
it a very good thing for MONSTER but i just hate to see some average kid go into wal-mart and buy a monster shirt and think he's cool just like what happened to fox. idk, i'm thinking with words. i can see this thread going south lol. anybody kinda agree with me?

J.Brown121
09-14-2009, 11:36 AM
i see where you're coming from. i'm one of the only people at my school (15'000 people) that wears thor stuff, and i really like it like that, but at the same time if i came back for the spring semester and eveyone was wearing thor i would be ok with it b/c it would just help them stay in business. as long as the continue to make the products that i like i'm going to conyinue to by their stuff, whether it goes mainstream or not.

TrapZ400
09-14-2009, 11:50 AM
I kinda see what your saying. Everyone has to vent sometimes. haha

Yea it was kinda nice for a while when someone was wearing a monster shirt you kinda knew that they rode bikes/atvs/ or skated etc. and you could go up to them and talk about riding and stuff. Now a lot of people are wearing monster shirts and you ask them if they ride and stuff and their like "what?" lol.

It was nice for a while when the "core" moto guys wore monster. But thats life and things get more popular. In a way it sucks that its not "exclusive" to us anymore but its great that monster is growing as a company which leads to more things for them to get involved in like others and I stated.

buck440
09-14-2009, 12:16 PM
^^^ right on:)

usp4u
09-14-2009, 12:19 PM
so what your saying is...you're bummed out over a drink? An f-ing beverage ?!!!? Jesus christ, some of you need to get some more responsibilties to worry about or something.

XCRacer236
09-14-2009, 01:24 PM
havent watched Supercross in the last few years have you?

usp4u
09-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350
havent watched Supercross in the last few years have you?
never miss it, and I go to three Nationals a year. Doesn't change the fact that it's a friggin' beverage company. Race sponsers come and go, big deal. this guy is upset because it was "his" and know he feels that it isnt. people are always screaming "support our supporters!", well, apparently alot of people are supporting monster and it doesn't sit well with the thread starter. :rolleyes:

yellowzo3
09-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
thats why you wont catch me with anything FOX on. because too many douch bag wanna-bee's wear it.

but its not like monster is a motocross brand. its an energy drink. has nothin to do with "motocross" specific clothing or anything.

lol I have so many fox shirts that I got a while back so I still wear them but I'm not buying anything else from them. but I do miss the old days where the shirts had a big fox on them and that was it. no fancy stuff.

250r rider 88
09-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by usp4u
so what your saying is...you're bummed out over a drink? An f-ing beverage ?!!!? Jesus christ, some of you need to get some more responsibilties to worry about or something.

well said

buck440
09-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by usp4u
never miss it, and I go to three Nationals a year. Doesn't change the fact that it's a friggin' beverage company. Race sponsers come and go, big deal. this guy is upset because it was "his" and know he feels that it isnt. people are always screaming "support our supporters!", well, apparently alot of people are supporting monster and it doesn't sit well with the thread starter. :rolleyes: i'm not mad there getting noticed i just think it in all the wrong places, why not in a mx/atv dealership or a bmx shop or heck even a skate shop where the main supporters would go yuh know. instead of monstering up the local hardees why not travco our local yamaha and honda dealer first, and to you it might be "a beverage company " but to others it might be more.

usp4u
09-14-2009, 02:20 PM
they are putting their product in high traffic areas. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that your local Hardee's gets more foot traffic than most ATV/bike dealerships. They are not just a "beverage company" to me only...In fact, I'll bet they see THEMSELVES as a beverage company too!! Make no mistake, they put money into action sports b/c they want our money first, and by aligning themselves with action sports it makes "normal" people want to look like they "know whats up", then they everyones money.

If you want to pleadge your alegance to something that is worthwhile, try the NRA instead of a beverage company.

RIDEREDson
09-14-2009, 02:21 PM
I know exactly what your saying bro. I refuse to wear fox as a "casual" perspective. The main reason monster got so popular is people seen it on MTV.
Pacsun just started carrying FMF shirts also. Im just wondering whats next? One Industries? I pray not.

muddy400EX
09-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by RIDEREDson
I know exactly what your saying bro. I refuse to wear fox as a "casual" perspective. The main reason monster got so popular is people seen it on MTV.
Pacsun just started carrying FMF shirts also. Im just wondering whats next? One Industries? I pray not.

haha, FMF. that will be funny seing stupid preps wear a brand that makes exhaust pipes and has no clue, lol:blah:

rodeo#11
09-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Well you gotta think of it like they do. They want their company to grow bigger and bigger and produce more money and heck anyone wants more money in today's economy. They just can't limit themselves to extreme sports. Although that may of been their target audience at one time now they are trying to target different markets to get there name even more well know (not like ppl dont know who they are already) but still they are advertising to increase sales and if that means straying away from where they originally started advertising and moving to other places well thats just good business. The whole point of owning a large company like that is to sell, and advertise and gain followers along the way... It's just a beverage like coke and pepsi they just wanna make money is all.

buck440
09-14-2009, 03:43 PM
your right:( i just hate to see it come to this. i bet soon wal-mart will be selling maxxis clothing:rolleyes:

ProspectorJim
09-14-2009, 04:13 PM
The only one that really bothers me is FMF because it is so specific to motocross. But this was bound to start happening since Supercross and Motocross have started entering the fringe of mainstream. It just won't be right seeing a doucher in an fmf shirt who is clueless to what the company is or even what the letters stand for.

Mxjunkie
09-14-2009, 04:36 PM
I guess I'm the only one on here who thinks its good that companys actually make money selling their products? clothes are clothes who cares, if you like the brand rock it.. I don't see how some kid wearing a fox shirt or monster shirt is going to get your panties in such a bunch.. :ermm:

I use to laugh back when skateboarding was really big in school and all the " real " skaters would make fun of " posers " because they wore skate shoes and shirts.. what in the world is the point in making fun of someone for their style? If it's that big of a deal make a shirt that says I'M NOT A POSER.. :huh

RIDEREDson
09-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Pacsun welcomes FMF to the Family!

http://shop.pacsun.com/guys/tees/King-Pin-Tee/index.pro

RIDEREDson
09-14-2009, 04:56 PM
and rockstar and monster/Subaru

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/Ispend100gsonwhiteTs/5734504_01_010.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/Ispend100gsonwhiteTs/5741475_01.jpg

TrapZ400
09-14-2009, 04:58 PM
I wonder how much Monster makes a year?

BlaineKaiser450
09-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
I wonder how much Monster makes a year? probly billions..

madskrillz2
09-14-2009, 07:51 PM
This rant sounds like somebody who stops liking a band just because they become somewhat popular.

450mxr
09-14-2009, 08:11 PM
this thread is really stupid. for one the people who say to many posers wear fox, well that is true but for any brand of clothing pretty much look at tap out, A Stars, fmf, DC, the list goes on. most people buy clothes because they like how they look, remember how skaters usto call people posers for wearing dc,and famous? well now look at all the sports dc sponsers. its the same way with fox they no longer just sponser mx/atvs they do surfing, wake boarding, mountain biking the list goes on and on which means one of the people or "posers" are no more of a poser then we are.

JR3
09-14-2009, 08:16 PM
u have nothing better to care this much about?

450mxr
09-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by JR3
u have nothing better to care this much about?
for one if you were talking to me i was simply stating my opinion which is what forums are usually for.

Mxjunkie
09-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by 450mxr
for one if you were talking to me i was simply stating my opinion which is what forums are usually for.

Nah tice means a couple in the thread lol.. the guy that said something about when bands go mainstream that is soo true.. People around here say that all the time, I don't get it either man lol bands usually get better once they have a nice studio to use lol

JR3
09-15-2009, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Nah tice means a couple in the thread lol.. the guy that said something about when bands go mainstream that is soo true.. People around here say that all the time, I don't get it either man lol bands usually get better once they have a nice studio to use lol

how u been joshie woshie you dont hit me up on aim anymore nigga

Mxjunkie
09-15-2009, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by JR3
how u been joshie woshie you dont hit me up on aim anymore nigga

workin my arse off, transmission went out of the v8 sdime so I've been trying like hell to get it fixed lol It's delaying my 250r build :(