PDA

View Full Version : Can-Am Shipping?

Speedyman
09-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Hey guys Im looking at buying a can-am 450 but I would need it shipped from Florida...Who would you recommend for shipping and what kind of price do you think I would be loooking at?

Thanks

comander420
09-14-2009, 05:34 AM
The dealer I bought my DS from used Estes Express with a drop gate to deliver at my house in illinois and it was about $550. You could also try U-Ship.com. I shipped 2 MR50s from Illinois to Conyers GA for $300. So your looking at 3-600 depending on where you live,

craigmacphee
09-14-2009, 07:34 AM
I have a friend from high school who has a shipping company in Florida. His name is Doug and his number is: (386)209-0622 Tell him I sent you so he don't wonder how you got his number. Craig

rinaldi
09-18-2009, 04:31 PM
You are probably looking to buy from the place I bought mine. I went to U-ship.com and got a guy with an enclosed trailer for $450 to IA. Mine should be here on Tuesday or most likely Wed. Hopefully this will be a pleasurable experience all the way around. So far so good. The dealer sent me pics of the quad crated with the VIN number on the box showing. Then after it was fully assembled again showing the vin. They will also send pics of it being loaded and once it is strapped down. The guy hauling the quad will be taking pics too.

bwkcobra03
09-19-2009, 08:09 AM
I get alot of car and boat motors delivered through Estes. they seem very reasonable.

comander420
09-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Rinaldi, did you get one from florida or NY? Where in Iowa are you located?

rinaldi
09-19-2009, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by comander420
Rinaldi, did you get one from florida or NY? Where in Iowa are you located? [/QUOTE

I got mine from Barney's in Florida. So far very pleased with the transaction and communication. THey took pics of the quad crated showing vin#, once assembled again with vin#, and also being loaded and strapped down on the enclosed transport on it way to me. The guy I hired took pics as well and has been great so far too. The transport driver said that this is a first class place. A very large dealership and they had the quad detailed and ready to load. It will be here Tuesday.

Oh-I live in Mt Vernon which is just east of Cedar Rapids. I am about 82 miles from the Quad Cities.

comander420
09-19-2009, 06:04 PM
U-ship has been good to me. I don't know how you are about racing but there are a couple decent hare scramble circuits around me. So if your interested in coming over this way for a race/ride let me know or if you have anything good going on that way let me know. I go that way for work every great once in a while. I'll be in Waterloo soon for some work.

rinaldi
09-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by comander420
U-ship has been good to me. I don't know how you are about racing but there are a couple decent hare scramble circuits around me. So if your interested in coming over this way for a race/ride let me know or if you have anything good going on that way let me know. I go that way for work every great once in a while. I'll be in Waterloo soon for some work.

Thanks. I would love to get out and ride somewhere different. There is a place about 10 miles from me that has about 300 acres and is run by the DNR. I heard the DNR park in Waterloo is better, but have not made the trip yet.