PDA

View Full Version : buying a wheeler

jeepone
09-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Well heres the quick story.
I've been in the offroad community driving a 1997 jeep for the past 3 or 4 years and fixing/reparing/breaking it for just about all 4 of those years. well long story short it got wayyyyyy to expensive and ive decided to move to something a cheaper, smaller, and easier to work on so i sold my jeep. I'm now looking to buy a used 4x4 wheeler on craigslist for no more than 2500$ and i dont know the first thing about them. I know a little bit about brands but i dont have a clue about whats gonna last me and what im gonna be fixing more than riding. Anyone out there got any suggestion recomendations or anything really just let me know. Anything helps cause im completly clueless right now. THANKS.

SRH
09-13-2009, 11:09 PM
honda will last you.... i wouldnt consider buying anything but a honda if you only want to spend 2500 or less...yamahas arent bad either, polaris, arctic cat, bombardier and the others are all decent, but honda will be most trouble free and reliable for 2500 id find a nice rancher

matt14c
09-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Yea it may seem difficult to get a larger bore 4x4 for that price. I would look to find a mid-late 90's Honda 300 4x4. Our family has one and it has been pretty bullet proof. Never had anything major or non routine to fix. It is a 95.