PDA

View Full Version : 250R - PC2000 Cylinder - Duncan - 340cc-

dtowndiesel
09-13-2009, 07:40 PM
OK, I bought this cyinder in October of 2005 when I was restoring and building my lobo chassis. I've talked about it on this forum before, how it hasnt been what I thought it would be and I've also expressed my disappointment with duncans customer service. These probably aren't the best things to say about something you want to sell but some people love Loren and Leonard at duncan and have great luck with these cylinders. Personally I think its just set up wrong for what I wanted to use it for. It has a MX port job and I ride mostly dunes, I should have gone with a High rev setup, that would have helped alot. It has tons of grunt and rides great for woods/xc applications, even motocross. It doesn't rev to the moon like I wanted for the dunes. It has had 40 gallons of fuel ran through it since it was new. I took it to Glamis in Oct./Nov. of '05 for halloween weekend and took it on two woods riding trips. The nikasil is in great shape and should be ready to rock. It has beautiful billet head and 28cc dome, along with a billet water neck, and billet base for the rotax power valve. I paid $1800 for this cylinder new and gonna take a wash on this one obviously. I'm going to ask $900, half of what I paid for it. I will consider partial trade for a like new cr250 ignition and adapter plate. The pictures show the piston size, build date, dealer name who ordered it for me, and serial # engraved on the bottom side of the intake. Please ask any and all questions you have and if you would like more pictures please let me know!

I was always going to save it and send it to Arlan at LED to rework the porting but now I want to use the $ to fund some new projects! Thanks guys

Pictures are HERE: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=410488

red88r
09-13-2009, 08:05 PM
None of your pics are on photobucket.

dtowndiesel
09-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by red88r
None of your pics are on photobucket.

Thanks for the heads up. The links work in my other post I put in the 250r section, so I just put a link to that thread. Thanks again

dtowndiesel
09-14-2009, 09:45 PM
bump

noreversesucks
09-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Got a piston to go with it? (Or does Duncan still sell pistons for it?)

Buddy of mine has a R with a CT 350cc cylinder on it I think. He's lookin for a replacement for the CT cause the studs have pulled the threads out of it, (if I remember right).

dtowndiesel
09-15-2009, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by noreversesucks
Got a piston to go with it? (Or does Duncan still sell pistons for it?)

Buddy of mine has a R with a CT 350cc cylinder on it I think. He's lookin for a replacement for the CT cause the studs have pulled the threads out of it, (if I remember right).

I do have the used piston but it is in "used shape" for the small cost of the piston I would simply put a new one in. That way everything is perfect and fresh as it can get. Duncan should still sell them, its a Wiseco 77.50. Thanks