PDA

View Full Version : Big Trouble! **********

CODY_M11
09-13-2009, 05:47 PM
after owning my 89 250r for only 3 weeks and just boring it and rebuilding it my dad decided to ride it in the river, get exhaust full of water than try to bump start it. and of course the cylinder cracked in half do to piston pushing water to top of cylinder. i was wondering where can i buy another cylinder? like a 310 or 330 kit that comes with cyliner?

atv fan 28
09-13-2009, 06:04 PM
you can get a 310 cylinder kit from ESR! it comes with everything you need to rebuild the topend, cylinder,head,piston etc... it cost like 599$

86 Quad R
09-13-2009, 07:10 PM
thats would be your most cost effective route to go but before you bolt anything on top of that bottom end you should consider having that crank/rod checked out. you'll be very lucky if the rod isnt bent.

being and a regular on the creeks i have drowned my quads more than i care to admit and have pumped a million gallons of water through my engines. for future reference, i suggest that you stand the quad on its rear and allow water to drain from the exhaust while you remove the spark plug and hand crank the engine over to pump the water out. :cool: :cool:

1promodfan
09-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by atv fan 28
you can get a 310 cylinder kit from ESR! it comes with everything you need to rebuild the topend, cylinder,head,piston etc... it cost like 599$

X2^^^^^^with what atv fan said. I have one and its been great.

On another note, I'd do what 86 quad R said first. Make sure that bottom end is right before going any further.

danhung11
09-13-2009, 09:10 PM
That sucks, sorry to hear of your misfortune. Do me a favor and tell your dad, thanks for the new top end. :p

Good luck with the rebuild, it will be for sure cheaper than rebuilding a 4-stroke. ;)

Honda 250r 001
09-14-2009, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by danhung11
That sucks, sorry to hear of your misfortune. Do me a favor and tell your dad, thanks for the new top end. :p

Good luck with the rebuild, it will be for sure cheaper than rebuilding a 4-stroke. ;)

yes, be thankful you can actually work on a 2-stroke. You would go broke starting on a 4-stroke because we al have our mistakes when we start working on em.

CODY_M11
09-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey guys i was looking on esr and found a couple of kits. But i was wondering wats the difference between a power valve cylinder and non power valve cylinder? And could i put one on my 89? And when its says it requires case boring wat needs bored on the case?

muddymess
09-14-2009, 03:40 PM
power valve cylinders give you more low end by adjusting the exhaust flow at low rpm's. The kits that say case boring required means you have to actually have your case modified to allow the larger piston to travel without hitting it.