PDA

View Full Version : Budget XC build

jakiesdad
09-13-2009, 11:09 AM
For running trails and racing XC is there any reason to not go with the 300ex front end conversion off ebay?
Am I correct in thinking that kit still is better then running singles with elka's?
Also I read that some think eton viper 90 hubs will work on the rear axle, but does anyone actually run those hubs?

Just picked up a stock TRX90 for a screaming deal and want to make it go places that I cringe when the Cobra goes there. But also want keep the build somewhat less expensive.

Thanxs in advance for any help.

lkrislong
09-13-2009, 11:19 PM
dont really know much about it but when we were building my daughters trx 90 everyone said stay away from them says the mounts crush the down tubes and makes them week but just what ive heard

mcstore
09-14-2009, 11:13 AM
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/JTBYZ_OF_wc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/JTBYZ_OF_wc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

The kid in front has Robbs stuff (6yrs old) kid in back has TRX300 conversion kit from eBay (13yrs old) Same motor set-up in both!

lkrislong
09-14-2009, 01:03 PM
nice vid but it is 90% rider

miniquaddad90
09-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by jakiesdad
For running trails and racing XC is there any reason to not go with the 300ex front end conversion off ebay?
Am I correct in thinking that kit still is better then running singles with elka's?
Also I read that some think eton viper 90 hubs will work on the rear axle, but does anyone actually run those hubs?

Just picked up a stock TRX90 for a screaming deal and want to make it go places that I cringe when the Cobra goes there. But also want keep the build somewhat less expensive.

Thanxs in advance for any help.

Bought them, loosely fit them on the quad with all of the 300ex parts, looked at the geometry and the overall set-up, removed all of it & sent it back. Lost my A** with buying all of the 300ex stuff but live & learn. We are running the Kids on Quads stuff and like it alot. After seeing KOQ, DC, Robbs, and a few others I would advise against the 300ex conversion. All of the others are a tad pricey but WELL worth the money. Just my 2 cents.

Another option is buying a set of high quality shocks for the stock arms or maybe a set of Hetrick extended single arms with some good shocks. There is a kid on our circuit with stock arms, elkas all around, and a good motor and is leading by almost 200 points for the year.

bnesbitt2
09-15-2009, 06:08 PM
If you are doing jumping at all dont waste your money the brackets bend up like pretzels.learned the hard way on that.

mcatvme
09-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Im selling a built TRX90 set up for XC.....:0)

jp1305
09-15-2009, 09:31 PM
What all are you selling?

TEMPESTRACER1
10-07-2009, 06:09 PM
I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE THAT THE 300 CONVERSION OFF EBAY BY DIAMOND J IS JUNK. I BOUGHT THE KIT AND ALL THE COMPONENTS OFF A 300 AND BOLTED IT ALL ON. MY SON TOOK ONE LAP AROUND THE TRACK AND BOTH UPPER A ARM BRACKETS BENT. NOT A VERY SAFE KIT TO PUT YOUR KID ON. JMO