PDA

View Full Version : oil line leak help plese

JR3
09-13-2009, 10:07 AM
I have a 2004 yfz 13.5 compression piston all the odds and ends done to the motor. If u are sitting on the quad its next to your left foot right under the sprocket the oil line that comes from the oil tank to the motor. just started to stream oil out from where the end of the line meets the case and goes into the dowel. i took the line off and just rebolted it. and i still have a little stream of oil coming down only when the bike is running. do i just need to replace the o rig that goes around the dowele or is there another issue.

thanks for any help

James

ohsobad_chevy
09-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Replace the o-ring and it should seal up. Make sure you clean the mating surfaces well before putting it back on.

DarkRider3
09-15-2009, 12:54 PM
mine does the same. I am going to replace the o-ring and the braided line. Good luck

daddio
09-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Sometimes the fitting becomes warped. You can file it flat again, or use 2 o-rings to stop the leak.

JR3
09-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by daddio
Sometimes the fitting becomes warped. You can file it flat again, or use 2 o-rings to stop the leak.

put the new one on still leaked doubled it up like u said and it solved the problem practiced all day today without a issue thanks for the help dude

daddio
09-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by JR3
put the new one on still leaked doubled it up like u said and it solved the problem practiced all day today without a issue thanks for the help dude

You're welcome.

JR3
09-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by daddio
You're welcome.

got another problem i swapped side cases for one with the oil mod and did everything bvy the book seals torque settings etc and this thing leaks like a mofo right around the case even when the bikes not running just a constant leak.

ohsobad_chevy
09-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by JR3
got another problem i swapped side cases for one with the oil mod and did everything bvy the book seals torque settings etc and this thing leaks like a mofo right around the case even when the bikes not running just a constant leak.

Make sure your gasket isn't ripped or folded under the mating surfaces.

daddio
09-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
Make sure your gasket isn't ripped or folded under the mating surfaces.

What he said.............